Windjammer V update/parts

RickNRoll53_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Well...... I found a Craig Vetter, Windjammer fairing down in Scottsdale, Az. A older guy owns a rental business for bikes their. He had a "black" one with turn signals. Never mounted on a bike! No windshield, and no pig tail harness. The question I have is do any of you guys have any Windjammer V parts for sale. I joined a "Vetter" site on line with quite a few members last week...have not received an answer from any of them??? I even showered too !:dodgy: I just thot some of the older guys might have had a Vetter fairing in their time. As always I appreciate all the feed back I have received from you guys. I have lined up a painter who does a kick butt job on helmets, bikes, you name it. He is in Prescott Valley, Az. Gave me a very good price on painting it:excited: I am going to fabricate my own bracket to mount it. Will post pictures of the finished product. :thanks:
 
RickNRoll53_imp said:
Well...... I found a Craig Vetter, Windjammer fairing down in Scottsdale, Az. A older guy owns a rental business for bikes their. He had a "black" one with turn signals. Never mounted on a bike! No windshield, and no pig tail harness. The question I have is do any of you guys have any Windjammer V parts for sale. I joined a "Vetter" site on line with quite a few members last week...have not received an answer from any of them??? I even showered too !:dodgy: I just thot some of the older guys might have had a Vetter fairing in their time. As always I appreciate all the feed back I have received from you guys. I have lined up a painter who does a kick butt job on helmets, bikes, you name it. He is in Prescott Valley, Az. Gave me a very good price on painting it:excited: I am going to fabricate my own bracket to mount it. Will post pictures of the finished product. :thanks:
I installed a lot of them in the '70s. Brackets were beefy, but clamped to the front downtubes with u-bolts and hose clamps. Scary sounding, but they held fine - never seemed to loosen up or break. Still, they weighed a lot and really aren't much/any better than a Slipstreamer full windshield. And the nice light Honda handling will be..... gone.
 
Peking,

I had a Quicksilver on a bike back then. Do you remember how it was mounted? I have no memory of mounting it, but I did somehow.
 
RickNRoll53_imp said:
Well...... I found a Craig Vetter, Windjammer fairing down in Scottsdale, Az. A older guy owns a rental business for bikes their. He had a "black" one with turn signals. Never mounted on a bike! No windshield, and no pig tail harness. The question I have is do any of you guys have any Windjammer V parts for sale. I joined a "Vetter" site on line with quite a few members last week...have not received an answer from any of them??? I even showered too !:dodgy: I just thot some of the older guys might have had a Vetter fairing in their time. As always I appreciate all the feed back I have received from you guys. I have lined up a painter who does a kick butt job on helmets, bikes, you name it. He is in Prescott Valley, Az. Gave me a very good price on painting it:excited: I am going to fabricate my own bracket to mount it. Will post pictures of the finished product. :thanks:
I have a headlight bucket and rim for one if needed.
 
Thanks Rick! I had been wondering for some time now. But it was in 1978...
 
This a windjammer 4 on my 2014 CB1100. Fit great, used a 78 CB750 bracket messaged a bit and I used hose clamps with thick rubber between the mounts.
 
That looks great Carguy. Always loved my Jammers. Had a bunch of them.
 
Carguy1959 I have a a couple of questions if you don't mind.
I know you moved the oil cooler. Did you have to alter the frame in any way?
Was it the 750 mount that you used? You indicated on the Vetter Owners forum that you used a older Goldwing mount.
I would like to mount this Vindicator fairing on my standard if I can do it without altering my frame.
Kevin
 
Back
Top