William Shatner to travel across America on custom motorcycle

From the article : "The Aurora, Illinois-based company said the silver studded bike is inspired by the B-17 bomber."

I've seen a lot of B-17s and the only resemblance I can see is that they both have rivets in the sheet metal.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
From the article : "The Aurora, Illinois-based company said the silver studded bike is inspired by the B-17 bomber."

I've seen a lot of B-17s and the only resemblance I can see is that they both have rivets in the sheet metal.
Oh, I see, I thought it was the Batcycle :D
 
Not the Batcycle, the Starship Enterprise Cycle!

Aurora IL based company? I live in the next town over! Wonder if Captain Kirk is picking it up in person...would be cool to see it and meet him.
 
veech_imp said:
Not the Batcycle, the Starship Enterprise Cycle!

Aurora IL based company? I live in the next town over! Wonder if Captain Kirk is picking it up in person...would be cool to see it and meet him.
Just as an aside, my daughter works in the local film industry and Shatner came here a few weeks ago to be in an episode of the TV show they were working on.
She said Shatner is very easy going and not at all a Hollywood diva type. He takes his work seriously, but off the set, he likes to joke, be casual and just be himself.
 
Rocky_imp said:
veech_imp said:
Not the Batcycle, the Starship Enterprise Cycle!

Aurora IL based company? I live in the next town over! Wonder if Captain Kirk is picking it up in person...would be cool to see it and meet him.
Just as an aside, my daughter works in the local film industry and Shatner came here a few weeks ago to be in an episode of the TV show they were working on.
She said Shatner is very easy going and not at all a Hollywood diva type. He takes his work seriously, but off the set, he likes to joke, be casual and just be himself.
Just as an aside, my daughter works in the local film industry and Shatner came here a few weeks ago to be in an episode of the TV show they were working on.
She said Shatner is very easy going and not at all a Hollywood diva type. He takes his work seriously, but off the set, he likes to joke, be casual and just be himself.
great to know this-have always been a huge fan from way back to the Trekkie days...
 
Looks like someone got at the front end with a phaser.
 
veech_imp said:
Not the Batcycle, the Starship Enterprise Cycle!

Aurora IL based company? I live in the next town over! Wonder if Captain Kirk is picking it up in person...would be cool to see it and meet him.
That's quite possible. According to the article : "The eight-day journey will launch June 23 outside Chicago".
 
Flynrider_imp said:
veech_imp said:
Not the Batcycle, the Starship Enterprise Cycle!

Aurora IL based company? I live in the next town over! Wonder if Captain Kirk is picking it up in person...would be cool to see it and meet him.
That's quite possible. According to the article : "The eight-day journey will launch June 23 outside Chicago".
That's quite possible. According to the article : "The eight-day journey will launch June 23 outside Chicago".
Rats, four days later and we could have synced up our Trippin' on LSD ride to meet up with them...
 
Back
Top