Why no stock sissy bar?

Red1100_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I cant believe a bike thats been around for several years (overseas) still does not offer a stock sissybar backrest. Am I wrong, or did I miss something? Love my CB1100 but accessories are pricy or non existant.
 
Red1100_imp said:
I cant believe a bike thats been around for several years (overseas) still does not offer a stock sissybar backrest. Am I wrong, or did I miss something? Love my CB1100 but accessories are pricy or non existant.
With its long bench style seat and relatively spacious seat-to-passenger peg spacing, the CB1100 is entirely unsuited for two up riding. :D

Someone should put a bug in Mr T's ear to reach out to Kimja or other parts manufacturer to make a dang sissy bar! :@
 
i disagree with the statement (unsuitable for two up riding) i installed a backrest and the wife loves the fit and comfort. not quite as spacious or comfortable as my valkyrie but no complaints
 
I thought I saw a rear rack in a picture here that had a backrest attached. Not what I would call a sissy bar, but it looked like it would do the trick.

As to why Honda doesn't offer one, there's a whole loooooong list of things I'd want Honda to offer before I get to "sissy bar"
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I thought I saw a rear rack in a picture here that had a backrest attached. Not what I would call a sissy bar, but it looked like it would do the trick.

As to why Honda doesn't offer one, there's a whole loooooong list of things I'd want Honda to offer before I get to "sissy bar"
You did, there is a thread for sissy bar somewhere on this forum and pictures I am sure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
 
There are pics on here somewhere. One of the guys mounted a bar (new old stock I think) from the 70's on his bike.
 
pwyakjr@stny.rr.com_imp said:
i disagree with the statement (unsuitable for two up riding) i installed a backrest and the wife loves the fit and comfort. not quite as spacious or comfortable as my valkyrie but no complaints
I was being sarcastic. My wife loves to ride and is very comfortable on the Honda.

I'd love to see a picture of your backrest.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
pwyakjr@stny.rr.com_imp said:
i disagree with the statement (unsuitable for two up riding) i installed a backrest and the wife loves the fit and comfort. not quite as spacious or comfortable as my valkyrie but no complaints
I was being sarcastic. My wife loves to ride and is very comfortable on the Honda.

I'd love to see a picture of your backrest.
I was being sarcastic. My wife loves to ride and is very comfortable on the Honda.

I'd love to see a picture of your backrest.

He missed the smilie face :D indicating you were kidding. ( tricky thing communicating on the internet!)
 
One other option, although a bit expensive, is to buy a Corbin Gunfighter and Lady Seat and then buy the sissy bar that is an option. I bought the Corbin seat used, and ordered the sissy bar new. Most of the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seats come pre-built with the hardware to add a sissy bar.

Not necessarily what you were looking for, but thought I would throw that out there.
 
Back
Top