Who's ordered / purchased the 2014 CB1100?

Thread starter
Really?? Back then I thought only Old Geezers rode CB's. My buds and I were into Kawasaki H1's!! It took 'maturing' to appreciate them. So, does that count?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Lol my dad, my younger brother, and myself rode up to see the first CB 750 at the Honda shop in our town... All 3 of us agreed it would never sell..too big, too complicated. are you kidding me, it had 4 carburetors and a whole pasdle of valves to keep in sync. Americans wouldn't want any of that. We said the same thing when the 75 wing came out lol.

Now, want a stock tip? I'm pretty good at picking winners and losers Lol
 
ride4now_imp said:
Really?? Back then I thought only Old Geezers rode CB's. My buds and I were into Kawasaki H1's!! It took 'maturing' to appreciate them. So, does that count?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, your buttocks were there and you appreciate them now. Something rubbed off! It applies, be proud! :banana:
 
Thread starter
Ok... Ok... We need some rules. One does not officially
become an OLD GEEZER or CAMUJEN (sp?) until they hit 60.
Even that may be too young. I'm a young 58, so I don't qualify!:D
 
ride4now_imp said:
Ok... Ok... We need some rules. One does not officially
become an OLD GEEZER or CAMUJEN (sp?) until they hit 60.
Even that may be too young. I'm a young 58, so I don't qualify!:D
Old geezer at 60—fine with me. Curmudgeon—well, sadly, that can happen at any time. I'm 58, so I'm not an old geezer, but I'm pretty sure I was born a curmudgeon.
 
chrisross_imp said:
Am I the only one who wants the standard 14 model?
No. I wouldn't trade my '13 for one, but if I could afford a second bike I'd get this one. If it looks even 1/2 as badass in real life as it does in the photos...man, what a bike it will be!
 
The 6 speed box and new exhaust are nice….but I only have 137 miles on the 2013….I'd lose way too much in the trade up. I picked up the 13 right before the snow started falling.
 
jchoby_imp said:
The 6 speed box and new exhaust are nice….but I only have 137 miles on the 2013….I'd lose way too much in the trade up. I picked up the 13 right before the snow started falling.
Those two items make very little difference in the function of the CB, especially the pipes, in fact due to the added weight they could be considered a detriment when compared to the performance of the 13.

Most of the changes are valuable only in an aesthetic sense. 5 tenths of a gallon of gas is good for maybe 25 miles if you are not hot dogging. The extra gear in the trans will really only be beneficial to those who do a lot of freeway work and even then the benefit will be minimal and could be equaled I imagine by a $20 front sprocket change if you could find one.

The 13 is more an amalgamation of a bunch of bikes of Hondas past, it's lighter, it's sportier and it looks just as good, as a 14 ... Only different.

I think for those of who are moving from a 13 to a 14, it's mainly to get a different look, one closer to the original 750 or as we remember the original 750 with less homage to other classic Hondas.
 
I did walk out to the garage and gave it a little reassuring pat on the tank letting it know it wasn't going anywhere.
 
Well alright!

So those who are on the "official waiting list" now include:
The ferret
gheil
Barkingshins
cb4kenco
ss2wheels

You guys might want to form a support group to get through the anticipation of the wait. :) I'm sure there will be plenty more joining your ranks soon enough.
 
I was still unsure that there was to be a '14, until halfway through buying my '13. I decided to go through with the '13 as it was a good bit cheaper than the Deluxe (which is what I would have wanted) and I got the '13 new for about $1000 off MSRP. That said, the Deluxe is amazing and I understand why you're already upgrading!
 
Hey, I am from Germany and new here. It's my first post in this forum.....

.....but i am super happy to announce that I ordered the 2014 CB 1100 EX model in black!

I am super happy :-) :-)

032b06cfd9ef49c69a56f136097fcd09.jpg
 
Back
Top