Who's ordered / purchased the 2014 CB1100?

CeeBeeMe_imp said:
veech_imp said:
CeeBeeMe_imp said:
Congrats Damfino, Perfect timing. Season hasn't quite started yet, weather wise...
The ferret_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's excellent news damfino :thumbsup:

Looking forward to pics and ride report!
Thanks Mickey, so was I the last one to get mine? Or is there someone out there still waiting?
Thanks Mickey, so was I the last one to get mine? Or is there someone out there still waiting?
Well that makes 11 of us waiting for 14 DLXs, 2 waiting for 14 EXs and 2 waiting on 14 STDs if I figure right

14 DELUXES - all red

1 Barkingshins
2 Ferret
3 Ride4now
4 SS22wheels
5 Dave
6 Hittheroad
7 Tbone 455
8 Damfino
9 Hedstrom
10 Gary
11 Houtman

14 EX

Itsme67 (Germany - black)
cb4kenco (UK)

14 STD

Newhemi (Ontario, Canada- blue)
Dale (Vancouver, Canada-blue)

Not sure..don't think Houtman got his yet, maybe Dale, and maybe Hedstrom? Help me out fellas..who is still waiting?
Thanks Mickey, so was I the last one to get mine? Or is there someone out there still waiting?
Well that makes 11 of us waiting for 14 DLXs, 2 waiting for 14 EXs and 2 waiting on 14 STDs if I figure right

14 DELUXES - all red

1 Barkingshins
2 Ferret
3 Ride4now
4 SS22wheels
5 Dave
6 Hittheroad
7 Tbone 455
8 Damfino
9 Hedstrom
10 Gary
11 Houtman

14 EX

Itsme67 (Germany - black)
cb4kenco (UK)

14 STD

Newhemi (Ontario, Canada- blue)
Dale (Vancouver, Canada-blue)

Not sure..don't think Houtman got his yet, maybe Dale, and maybe Hedstrom? Help me out fellas..who is still waiting?
Ferret,
Count me in. Sorry for being late ( got it for 9 days)
CB1100 DLX, Vin#0158, Elmhurst, IL
Thanks Mickey, so was I the last one to get mine? Or is there someone out there still waiting?
Well that makes 11 of us waiting for 14 DLXs, 2 waiting for 14 EXs and 2 waiting on 14 STDs if I figure right

14 DELUXES - all red

1 Barkingshins
2 Ferret
3 Ride4now
4 SS22wheels
5 Dave
6 Hittheroad
7 Tbone 455
8 Damfino
9 Hedstrom
10 Gary
11 Houtman

14 EX

Itsme67 (Germany - black)
cb4kenco (UK)

14 STD

Newhemi (Ontario, Canada- blue)
Dale (Vancouver, Canada-blue)

Not sure..don't think Houtman got his yet, maybe Dale, and maybe Hedstrom? Help me out fellas..who is still waiting?
Ferret,
Count me in. Sorry for being late ( got it for 9 days)
CB1100 DLX, Vin#0158, Elmhurst, IL
Hey CeeBeeMe, I see you are in Elmhurst...I am in Warrenville! We should hook up for a ride one of these Saturdays when the weather gets better...

Any other local Chicago area riders around here? How about we set up a little meet & greet one of these days?
Thanks Mickey, so was I the last one to get mine? Or is there someone out there still waiting?
Well that makes 11 of us waiting for 14 DLXs, 2 waiting for 14 EXs and 2 waiting on 14 STDs if I figure right

14 DELUXES - all red

1 Barkingshins
2 Ferret
3 Ride4now
4 SS22wheels
5 Dave
6 Hittheroad
7 Tbone 455
8 Damfino
9 Hedstrom
10 Gary
11 Houtman

14 EX

Itsme67 (Germany - black)
cb4kenco (UK)

14 STD

Newhemi (Ontario, Canada- blue)
Dale (Vancouver, Canada-blue)

Not sure..don't think Houtman got his yet, maybe Dale, and maybe Hedstrom? Help me out fellas..who is still waiting?
Ferret,
Count me in. Sorry for being late ( got it for 9 days)
CB1100 DLX, Vin#0158, Elmhurst, IL
Hey CeeBeeMe, I see you are in Elmhurst...I am in Warrenville! We should hook up for a ride one of these Saturdays when the weather gets better...

Any other local Chicago area riders around here? How about we set up a little meet & greet one of these days? Sounds good. Hopefully weather gets better (This week was gloomy in 40s and drizzle:().
I think emptySea is from Illinois.
I'll be out of the country end of May till middle of June.
Ridem32_imp said:
Yankees haveing a CB1100 meeting with out the good ole southern boys! Lol :) I think the closest to me is Memphis & Florida.
Michael
You guys are lucky. Nice riding weather down South..:)
Well that makes 11 of us waiting for 14 DLXs, 2 waiting for 14 EXs and 2 waiting on 14 STDs if I figure right

14 DELUXES - all red

1 Barkingshins
2 Ferret
3 Ride4now
4 SS22wheels
5 Dave
6 Hittheroad
7 Tbone 455
8 Damfino
9 Hedstrom
10 Gary
11 Houtman

14 EX

Itsme67 (Germany - black)
cb4kenco (UK)

14 STD

Newhemi (Ontario, Canada- blue)
Dale (Vancouver, Canada-blue)

Not sure..don't think Houtman got his yet, maybe Dale, and maybe Hedstrom? Help me out fellas..who is still waiting?
Ferret,
Count me in. Sorry for being late ( got it for 9 days)
CB1100 DLX, Vin#0158, Elmhurst, IL
Hey CeeBeeMe, I see you are in Elmhurst...I am in Warrenville! We should hook up for a ride one of these Saturdays when the weather gets better...

Any other local Chicago area riders around here? How about we set up a little meet & greet one of these days? Sounds good. Hopefully weather gets better (This week was gloomy in 40s and drizzle:().
I think emptySea is from Illinois.
I'll be out of the country end of May till middle of June.
Ridem32_imp said:
Yankees haveing a CB1100 meeting with out the good ole southern boys! Lol :) I think the closest to me is Memphis & Florida.
Michael
You guys are lucky. Nice riding weather down South..:)
We can plan something for when you get back. If there is enough interest we may be able to get even a group together, maybe do a day trip up to Holy Hill in Wisc. or something...

Not to highjack the thread, but did we ever get the Forum T-shirts made up? It would be fun for everyone to wear their 'colors'. :biker:
Ridem32_imp said:
Yankees haveing a CB1100 meeting with out the good ole southern boys! Lol :) I think the closest to me is Memphis & Florida.
Michael
Ridem32, sounds like a weekend trip is in order as well-I love the south! :cool:
 
You guys have been killing me with all the talk and photos of the '14 Deluxe.
I went to my dealer this morning, he checked the warehouse inventory and said that there were 2 of them ready to ship.
I'm in.
I simultaneously curse AND bless those people at Honda for this. There is nothing 'wrong' with the '13, it's just that the '14 is more 'right'.
The only thing that the Deluxe is missing, IMHO is finned header clamps to complete the look :-)
 
furious_blue_imp said:
You guys have been killing me with all the talk and photos of the '14 Deluxe.
I went to my dealer this morning, he checked the warehouse inventory and said that there were 2 of them ready to ship.
I'm in.
I simultaneously curse AND bless those people at Honda for this. There is nothing 'wrong' with the '13, it's just that the '14 is more 'right'.
The only thing that the Deluxe is missing, IMHO is finned header clamps to complete the look :-)

Another one bites the dust!! :D :clap:
 
Elipten_imp said:
So Honda is like Apple. Each model better than the last, tempting the user to upgrade.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Until the glitches start to appear ....
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Blue : where you from ? Want to know which warehouse has the deluxe in stock
Michael
In California. I sat with him as he showed how he checks and orders. It's a Honda website for dealers. It shows all of the warehouse inventory and allows them to order them up. The number '2' showed up in the available list so he ordered one to be shipped (so the website says) on May 7th so it will probably be delivered and ready for pick up on the week of the 12th...
We'll see if it's all true :-)

This seems to be happening a lot quicker than I figured. Just as well, wait too long and I might come to my senses and call the whole thing off. Just kidding, I'm really looking forward to getting it. It's nearly perfect !
 
When I orderd my deluxe he said one week. They did show one in Cali then but found one closer at another warehouse. I had mine in one week. I'm in Mississippi
Michael
 
There is a 2014 Deluxe sitting at Hinshaw's Motorcycle Store at Auburn WA (Seattle).
It was there this afternoon and was not spoken for.
 
Jets. That dealer is smart to have ordered one to have in stock. It will sale. My dealer has the black standard but no deluxe will only order when someone wants one. I'm trying to make a deal with them to get me another one at a deal but not sure yet. If and if is a big word I might have them leave it in the crate and put it in my shop. I'm not sure but if you put a battery in it I think it would crank in the crate
Michael
 
JetA_imp said:
There is a 2014 Deluxe sitting at Hinshaw's Motorcycle Store at Auburn WA (Seattle).
It was there this afternoon and was not spoken for.
I'm not sure why most dealers aren't putting the Deluxe models on the floor. Not everyone walking in is going to know that it exists.

I was at a dealer last month that put one on the floor and it sold in a couple of hours.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Jets. That dealer is smart to have ordered one to have in stock. It will sale. My dealer has the black standard but no deluxe will only order when someone wants one. I'm trying to make a deal with them to get me another one at a deal but not sure yet. If and if is a big word I might have them leave it in the crate and put it in my shop. I'm not sure but if you put a battery in it I think it would crank in the crate
Michael
That's cool, Deluxe in the crate. Go for it!
I would if I could....but I have too many bike projects already.
 
Well I want one in the crate but that don't mean I will get it. Honda was smart by building to order that way want be any left over for big discounts at year end. But I bet the best deals will be the black standards which I do like. The blacks look good to me but wish they had the duel mufflers
Michael
 
chrisross_imp said:
Am I the only one who wants the standard 14 model?
It's on my list. I believe it will have it's moment when people start seeing the std show up from the wild this summer. I understand excitement for DLX yet personally prefer the inked look. Someone on here said it looked "hooligan" and I got a laugh out of it. I see the point and it's a matter of taste I suppose. If the std had ABS I'd have one in my garage by now.
 
To be honest I would rather have the deluxe without ABS brakes. The rear ABS brake is not very good the front is great ! I can control a rear brake better without ABS on the rear. My deluxe you can hit the rear brake hard and petal just pulsates and comes to a slow stop ! If you needed to lay bike over on its side you can't! That I don't like at all. But that's just me. I do like the standard and I'm sure could find a nice set of good used exhaust down the road from a deluxe that someone replaces with aftermarket :)
Michael
 
Pick up day ! I can add my photo to the collection of '13 '14 models. My dealer told me that he already has someone lined up to buy my trade-in. Such a deal for the new owner.

2 things to note:

1. We had thought that one could just swap the Honda Accessory rack from the '13 to the '14.. bzzzzt ! No ! The bolt locations are different !

2. After riding in with the '13 and riding out on the '14, I'm pretty sure that the exhaust note heard from the saddle is different. Not by much but still noticeable: A little deeper sounding and not as quiet.

As I did with my long gone @40,000mi, Nighthawk CB750, the chromed headers are going to be kept clean and spotless. This is the beginning of a long pairing :-)
 
Back
Top