Bazbro_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Do you have the name, John?Houtman_imp said:There is a company in your neighborhood making beautiful alu tanks for bikes , they make them for Gold Stars etc.
I once owned a water-cooled Suzuki GT750 ('Kettle'). Suzuki GB (here in the UK) competed for The Maudes Trophy (Google it) by riding their three main 'bikes, GT750, GT550 and GT380 three times round the coast of Britain. To do that mileage, they fitted huge handmade alloy tanks for their machines. A short time after, I enquired of Suzuki GB, what happened to the alloy tank for the GT750? I managed to purchase it - it held about 8 or 9 gallons! I sprayed it red to match the rest of the 'bike and it was FANTASTIC! I only had to stop a few times to refuel on my trip to the South of France in 1976. And boy! did it look good.

If only I knew who made them for Suzuki...




