Houtman_imp
Road warrior
Nice to hear from you Barry , our visit to England was cancelled due to Covid but we plan to go next year .
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks, John. I've checked and it is still closed. I'll berate my chum for making false plans!Houtman_imp said:Barry , make certain that the David Sliver museum is open , in my last Classic Bike magazine their ad was printed over "CLOSED"


Thanks, Nine - yes, it's a great shame.Ninemeister_imp said:Barry,
You had a great project going here, it's a real shame that you won't be able to see it through to completion as it would have been great to start our own little K10/K17 club!
I stumbled across the White House conversion whilst doing random bike project searches on Pinterest one night, did my research and was initially put off by the costs. Luckily for me I had just sold a Honda VTX and had the cash in the bank when I dropped lucky to find a high mileage K10 for sale at a more than reasonable price. I bought it blind and am delighted that I did, embarking on a similar project to yourself to get the bike exactly how I want it. I'll post my own rebuild thread once it's finished, I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks, PD... good info.PowerDubs_imp said:The black steps are readily available off a '14 standard black model.
Mine are collecting dust in my garage along with all my other junk. If you were local I would give them to you, but I'm not going to attempt shipping overseas.
Should be easy to find on Ebay though.

Man that looks good.Bazbro_imp said:Sorry!
Here's the pic I wanted to post...
![]()
:beerchug:Bazbro_imp said:And they look even better with the four-into-four Wyvern silences!
![]()

Sorry Barry, the answer is no.Bazbro_imp said:A question, guys..
Can a CB1100 engine be run with fuel supplied only by gravity, or MUST the fuel pump be connected?
The reason I ask is that I have identified a source of CB1100-fit fuel tanks that are look-alike CB750, with gravity fuel taps. The kicker is that they are £75 (unpainted) compared to Samurider's Whitehouse ones, at £1,600 (unpainted)!!
I'll check the Workshop Manual tomorrow to see if I can elucidate any info there, but I thought I'd ask you more knowledgeable guys first.
So if the CB1100 engine will happy run WITHOUT the fuel pump, I could be onto something... :celebrate:
Sorry Barry, the answer is no.Ninemeister_imp said:Sorry Barry, the answer is no.Bazbro_imp said:A question, guys..
Can a CB1100 engine be run with fuel supplied only by gravity, or MUST the fuel pump be connected?
The reason I ask is that I have identified a source of CB1100-fit fuel tanks that are look-alike CB750, with gravity fuel taps. The kicker is that they are £75 (unpainted) compared to Samurider's Whitehouse ones, at £1,600 (unpainted)!!
I'll check the Workshop Manual tomorrow to see if I can elucidate any info there, but I thought I'd ask you more knowledgeable guys first.
So if the CB1100 engine will happy run WITHOUT the fuel pump, I could be onto something... :celebrate:
The CB1100 is a fuel injected engine which requires a constant fuel pressure of around 50psi at idle (under vacuum), rising to ~57psi at full throttle.
That said, the engine does not need to use the original in-tank fuel pump, you could use an external pump as long as it delivered the same pressure.
I should have also mentioned that the in-tank fuel pump incorporates a fuel pressure regulator, hence the external pump would have to be internally regulated or use an in-line regulator on the supply line.

Funny you mention Indian tanks. I'm going to buy an aluminium tank for my BMW Cafe project and have talked to a couple of companies out there who can make me a tank for around £400-£500.Bazbro_imp said:Darn it! On closely checking the dimensions of this remarkably cheap tank, whilst it has the LOOK of a CB750 tank, it's small - much smaller, just 9 litres! So back to the drawing board.
I've contacted an Indian company, who make excellent reproduction tanks, to ask them about this very question, namely, a 1972 CB750-looking tank that will fit a 2011-2020 CB1100. But don't hold yer breath...
I'll keep everyone posted if I hear anything. Meanwhile, I await Ninemeister's write-up on his K10/17. Happy days!
Funny you mention Indian tanks. I'm going to buy an aluminium tank for my BMW Cafe project and have talked to a couple of companies out there who can make me a tank for around £400-£500.Ninemeister_imp said:Funny you mention Indian tanks. I'm going to buy an aluminium tank for my BMW Cafe project and have talked to a couple of companies out there who can make me a tank for around £400-£500.Bazbro_imp said:Darn it! On closely checking the dimensions of this remarkably cheap tank, whilst it has the LOOK of a CB750 tank, it's small - much smaller, just 9 litres! So back to the drawing board.
I've contacted an Indian company, who make excellent reproduction tanks, to ask them about this very question, namely, a 1972 CB750-looking tank that will fit a 2011-2020 CB1100. But don't hold yer breath...
I'll keep everyone posted if I hear anything. Meanwhile, I await Ninemeister's write-up on his K10/17. Happy days!
I'm sure if you sent a stock CB11 tank the same guys could either re-fashion it into a very passable (but larger) CB750 unit or make you a new one in alloy?