Yep. I must change my earlier statement. Hot as the devil in Houston now. Went for a morning ride yesterday, and got stuck extra long at a stoplight a few blocks from my house. By the time I hit the garage, the engine was really hot. Much "pop and ting" resulted. Just had to sit and admire it for a bit!
I rode 30 miles on Sunday in humid Florida heat. Got a great CB pop and ting concerto when I got home. It's almost addictive to just sit and listen to it.
But I don't want to. I know what that is; it's various metal parts moving against one another as they cool. It's friction and it will cause wear and with time, maybe warping.
VERY stressful. So...the less I hear of that, the happier I am. That I don't hear it, tells me this was a precision-engineered piece of hardware.
Also tells me, it's got an aluminum engine. Softer metal.
DaSwami_imp said:
Love the bike fellas, and I would have never started this thread if Honda did not specifically mention this design feature in their ads and media discussion of the bike. They need to get with the MotoGuzzi engineers!