Where's the pop and ting??

I can get mine to tick and ping, but you have to get it pretty hot -- I. E., high RPM through corners at low speed.

This thing seems to cool itself pretty well. My quick evening ride is 70km through some long highway sweepers at ~130-140kph to immediate shutdown at a coffee shop beside the highway. Even in Temps approaching 40c this summer, it never makes a sound.
 
My '13 makes cooling sounds. I never really noticed it, but my co-worker told me that he could tell if I arrived recently because he could hear the clicks and pings of the cooling engine as he walked past it.
 
You know, the other possibility is that we are getting so old that we just can't hear it anymore.
Just sayin'
 
southwend_imp said:
You know, the other possibility is that we are getting so old that we just can't hear it anymore.
Just sayin'
South,

That's exactly what I thought. I can't hear squat unless it's pretty loud.

Chip
 
southwend_imp said:
You know, the other possibility is that we are getting so old that we just can't hear it anymore.
Just sayin'
:rofl: That's basically how I think about minor scuffs & scratches-if I can't see them anymore because of my fading eyesight then they don't exsist!
 
I'm pretty sure there is a refillable reservoir for Pop & Ting catalyst, its right below the blinker fluid canister. Mine is likely empty, because I hardly ever hear a sound after most rides.
 
Obliviontoad_imp said:
I'm pretty sure there is a refillable reservoir for Pop & Ting catalyst, its right below the blinker fluid canister. Mine is likely empty, because I hardly ever hear a sound after most rides.
My blinker fluid hasn't run out yet. But, the air in my swingarm keeps leaking out!
 
Okay last night after I rode I listened and it did do the ticking noise. Mine is a 14 Deluxe. I would admit it doesn't tick like my old 911's did but it does tick. I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for this string of posts.....
 
DGShannon_imp said:
Obliviontoad_imp said:
I'm pretty sure there is a refillable reservoir for Pop & Ting catalyst, its right below the blinker fluid canister. Mine is likely empty, because I hardly ever hear a sound after most rides.
My blinker fluid hasn't run out yet. But, the air in my swingarm keeps leaking out!
So that's the hissing I keep hearing. I thought it was coming from my asp.
 
Mine doesn't tink... I noticed that before but didn't think much about it before seeing this topic. I wonder if the ones that do tink have less miles on them, or more, than the ones that don't?
 
My '13 doesn't "ping" in a musical way but it definitely does tick as you might expect contracting, cooling metal would. Maybe you OLD GUYS aren't riding your bikes hard enough?! ;)

^attempted trash talk


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hey hey hey any of you young whippersnappers think that you can keep up with this old man.... Ah who am I kidding I can't back that up :blush:


^ old guy sucked in by the trash talk
 
Thread starter
Love the bike fellas, and I would have never started this thread if Honda did not specifically mention this design feature in their ads and media discussion of the bike. They need to get with the MotoGuzzi engineers!
 
Back
Top