KiowaEagle_imp
Road warrior
They have a ranger station halfway down Pikes Peak where they make sure you're not riding your brakes coming down the mountain. Looks like they're gonna have to put one near your house too ferret! 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Yes, secondary master cylinder.LongRanger_imp said:"SMC" = Second Master Cylinder?
Ferret, Offroad and I rode our CB's up Pikes Peak last July. They were stopping everyone halfway down the mountain to check brakes but waved us through. Ferret's ST would have been quarantined!KiowaEagle_imp said:They have a ranger station halfway down Pikes Peak where they make sure you're not riding your brakes coming down the mountain. Looks like they're gonna have to put one near your house too ferret!![]()
Are you stating that you only plan to ride motorcycles for a couple more years...or you plan on riding the ST only for a couple more years?The ferret_imp said:I enjoy reading your analysis Max.
I probably should have had it replaced, but it was cleaned lubed and inspected at the previous brake fluid change. THat was before winter however and I rode thru less than ideal conditions on snow, ice and salt a lot.
Now I am pondering whether to have the mechanic bypass it, thereby reducuing brake power, or just replace the system as designed knowing I only have a couple more years left to ride, giving up riding when conditions are less than ideal, and figure I won't have any issues with it during that short time/ mileage frame.
Rboe_imp said:Many Moto Guzzi's used/use linked brakes and it generally works better than unlinked brakes. Cars have used them for decades. Designed, built and maintained properly I see only an upside to them. But it helps if the owner/rider is aware of them.
Last weekend at our Guzzi Not-A-Rally I got a nasty (nasty as in an ugly V cut, not a round puncture) flat on the rear tire of the Griso about 8 mile into the Perkinsville Road going east out of Chino Valley. The gravel part. After much fiddling I was able to limp back into Chino Valley were I used the air pump at the Safeway to re-air the tire. Made it another 8 miles where it ran flat again. I was out of rope plugs. While I sat there waiting for Sue to pick me up with the truck and trailer SHE suffered a massive flat on the freeway and needed AAA to get her going again.
I'm rethinking this touring bit on a bike. Maybe truck or trailer the bike to where I want to go then scooter around once I get there.
Then I see ads (and checked out in person) the new Goldwing and I start to drool all over again.
Post script. Bike tipped over while trying to get the center stand hooked up and I broke the right hand guard and scratched the valve cover - all this while trying to remove the rims for new tires. Truck got new tires on Monday - a wee bit earlier than expected. So 6 new tires for me this week. Meh!