What's your favorite visual feature of the CB?

I love the tank and the way the engine pokes out on either side, the chrome headers and twin silencers, oh! and the spoked rims.
 
Like everyone else said not much I don't like. I'm pretty guilty of spending too much time just staring at it. But I really like the outline of my 2013 gas tank they nailed the homage to retro but still some modern angles.
 
My favorite visual is when I open the door to the garage and see that gorgeous candy red beast aka my 14 DLX #152 just waiting to go for a ride:)
 
I love everything that has already been mentioned which is why I could never pick just one. It's the combination of all of these visual elements that make this bike so captivating. IMHO, change any one of these things and it's no longer a Honda CB1100.
 
I love all of it, of course.

Have you ever taken a serious look at he frame up around the head tube? It is beefy, beautifully executed and steel had a longer fatigue life than aluminium, too. (Check out the triangle behind the head tube - You can probably fit a tool kit up in there!)
 
Setchman_imp said:
I love everything that has already been mentioned which is why I could never pick just one. It's the combination of all of these visual elements that make this bike so captivating. IMHO, change any one of these things and it's no longer a Honda CB1100.
+1... As an engineer I can see the hours of thought and design work that went into every inch of my DLX. I'm not taking anything off (except tank decals) and the only additions will be genuine Honda, most likely the rack and removable top case, U-Lock, and of course RLETs. I love every detail on the bike including the tail light and reflectors. I also love the quiet yet very satisfying sound of the beautiful dual mufflers. Blipping the throttle in parking lots and gathering places always turns more heads than the loud bikes, I guess its either an unfamiliar bike sound for youngsters or an old familiar sound from the past for old timers (like me)!!!
 
Setchman_imp said:
I love everything that has already been mentioned which is why I could never pick just one. It's the combination of all of these visual elements that make this bike so captivating. IMHO, change any one of these things and it's no longer a Honda CB1100.
+ 1
 
Jeez fellas, I guess we're just going to have to face the facts.

No matter how you look at it, the CB1100 is one beautiful motorcycle.

Now to be fair, we're all pretty biased. But then how could we not be? :rofl:
 
Thread starter
I have removed the reflectors on every single bike I owned. It's the first customization touch, and it's free. However, for the first time ever, I just couldn't make myself take the reflectors off the CB. Something about these ugly squared out, or perfectly round reflectors that screams back to an era that was very non-apologetic about its looks, which couldn't overshawdow the solid technology and performance. These bikes always seem to say "ya they had to slap those ugly things on me so I can be DOT approved, but it ain't stopping me from being cool." I also like that they're from an era where they just had to be there, were big and obnoxious, and no one had quite yet thought about making them more integrated to the look of the bike, and less obvious. They were in your face, just as they still are on the CB. My reflectors are staying.
 
The gas tank and the sweeping exhaust header as well as the wide air cooled engine with the cooling fins. I personally feel the black on black looks great, it screams make me a custom retro cafe bike, gives a tough yet sleek profile. Others don't like the black as much but I think the dark customs are the in thing.
 
The exhaust does it for me. That 4 into 1 was the main draw. I'm not a big fan of the reverse cone end, but I can live with it. Add that to the Black and Chrome combination....perfect!

 
I'm arriving late to this party, but for me it's the gas tanks that catch my eye first on most every bike I see - especially if the paint is a stunning color - like the red of the DLX :D
My pearl Spencer blue isn't bad either :rolleyes:
Gas tanks on standard bikes are where you see the most paint and sometimes graphics so I suppose that's why I'm drawn to them.
I'm less impressed with bikes covered in plastic.
 
Back
Top