This is a great, tough question for me to answer. The first time I saw the CB was on a YouTube video and I immediately was drawn to the bike. I searched out every image and video I could find as I read the few reviews that were available at the time and there was no one design feature that stood out. I find that to be a testament to the skill and planning of the design team. For me, it truly is the complete package that I admire most. If forced to choose one part of the motorcycle, I'd say it's the tank on the '14 standard. The lines flow perfectly with the rest of the motorcycle.
The exhaust does it for me. That 4 into 1 was the main draw. I'm not a big fan of the reverse cone end, but I can live with it. Add that to the Black and Chrome combination....perfect!
The CB1100 tank is beautiful. Looking at it from the riding position I can see the old CB750 lines. With this CB400 picture, I can see where the 1100 takes it side view shape from.
The CB1100 tank is beautiful. Looking at it from the riding position I can see the old CB750 lines. With this CB400 picture, I can see where the 1100 takes it side view shape from.
Holy crap! I am now noticing the rear peg assembly. Looks just like the CB1100. Oh wait! Same for the side covers...
I just love the tank, number one. I have been thinking about custom paint lately but won't be able to afford it for a couple years most likely. For now, it kicks plenty of butt stock.
your bike looks sharp. the chrome cups on the instrument pods are a nice touch, as is the chrome carrier. just received one actually (still in the box as a matter of fact) and have yet to mount it-but seeing your chrome on the instrument pods makes me think I might need to copy your idea there nice finishing touch there.
cheers,
offroadfx4_imp said:
The exhaust does it for me. That 4 into 1 was the main draw. I'm not a big fan of the reverse cone end, but I can live with it. Add that to the Black and Chrome combination....perfect!