What's under your seat?

chrisross_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
What do you guys carry in the storage under your seats? Younger guy looking for older wisdom. (My previous bike didn't have storage.)

Got the idea from Ferret's post in another thread, which is a good first reply to my question.

Others?
 
For urban, everyday riding I just have a pair of tightly rolled wet weather pants and a cargol turn and go motorcycle tyre repair kit. I have learned the hard way after parking the bike for work and coming back 8 hrs later to a flat tyre. Not too much room under the seat on this bike. I do see merit in Ferret's set up, at least a few tools to get to the battery, change a fuse etc..
 
In addition to the completed tool kit (had to buy the remaining parts from a dealer), I also keep a Xena disc brake lock with a reminder cord: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036GNSGS/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_MXmFtb0S19YBF

I'm pretty paranoid after my last bike was stolen so the Xena provides some small sense of security if I park the bike outside. It has a built in alarm with gyroscope/motion sensor which is pretty sensitive.

grover


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
grover_imp said:
In addition to the completed tool kit (had to buy the remaining parts from a dealer), I also keep a Xena disc brake lock with a reminder cord: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036GNSGS/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_MXmFtb0S19YBF

I'm pretty paranoid after my last bike was stolen so the Xena provides some small sense of security if I park the bike outside. It has a built in alarm with gyroscope/motion sensor which is pretty sensitive.

grover


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Care to explain how this works? I guess I could look it up...maybe more of a user review?
 
You can't fight in here, this is the war room!

I keep my tool kit only in there at the moment. Under the seat that is, not in the war room...
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You can't fight in here, this is the war room!

I keep my tool kit only in there at the moment. Under the seat that is, not in the war room...
:clap: The PBF, as well as the property of the Coca Cola Company, must remain intact.

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You can't fight in here, this is the war room!

I keep my tool kit only in there at the moment. Under the seat that is, not in the war room...
:clap: The PBF, as well as the property of the Coca Cola Company, must remain intact.

Cheers
:clap: The PBF, as well as the property of the Coca Cola Company, must remain intact.

Cheers
:clap: :clap:

Excellent!
 
Roadgear Programmable Tire Guage.
Bikemaster Tire and Tube Flat Repair Kit.
CruzTOOLS Speedkit JAS
CruzTOOLS combo axle wrench of requisite size for the CB1100.

Seems like a lot, but I think this mess could actually fit under the seat (they're really small and well-packaged), however, I keep the stuff in my top box. I also don't have that little plastic bin under my seat -- it no longer fit after I connected my top box's taillight harness and the rear brake light modulator, all of which are in that space.
 
Sounds like a good place to mount that Bob. What kind did you get? Any pics?
 
Well just got my tire repair kit, Cruz tools metric kit today, and one of there 27mm (as well as 22mm and 14mm) combo wrenches. I missed that they had a 32mm one as well and went with one that had a tire spoon on the other end instead from another company. The 27mm fits on top of the box just barley. The good news was that the 32mm was a bit longer and so you could actually get enough leverage to turn the axle nut, the bad news is it is a bit longer and wont easily fit in the tool box.

I may still get the 32mm combo, to put under the seat, but with what I have now I can at least tension the chain. It was actually a bit slacker then I would want from the dealer. I was able to originally move it a little over 1 1/2" now I got it down to under 1 1/4". It also lines up with the mark on the side that says where a new chain should be. I'm going to keep an eye on this, and see how often I have to adjust this, hopefully I wont very often. Everything else that I looked at seemed to be in spec. I'll check it all again at 600 miles, but keep a closer eye on the chain, probably check it each day I ride.
 
I keep a complete tool kit under the seat;

1/4" drive sockets, wrenches, screwdriver, vise grips, hex keys, multi tool, Dynaplug tire plugger, mini-jumper cables, pressure gauge, tape, state map, Bic lighter, owners manual and a flashlight.

The only piece of road survival gear that does not fit is a Slime tire inflator. I stuff in the luggage it there is any on the bike for a particular ride. Otherwise I will have to get air after fixing a flat at a gas station.
 
Zip ties, allen wrench, pocket knife, damp rag in a zip lock bag (to wipe the helmet shield & the front of the bike), phillips screw driver, pliers, extra ear plugs and a 10mm/8mm open wrench.
 
Back
Top