What's the story of your online user name

My name is Bob. I am in my house.
I may need to work on that.... the being in the house part.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
My name is Bob. I am in my house.
I may need to work on that.... the being in the house part.
Suppose a member is out of his house a lot and that his name is Jon. He should be called...

... "Out-house Jon"?
 
j is my initial, 3gq was the tail number of the plane in which I learned flying some incredibly long time ago, the plane has been destroyed by a twister (on the ground), but I miss her ;)
 
j3gq_imp said:
j is my initial, 3gq was the tail number of the plane in which I learned flying some incredibly long time ago, the plane has been destroyed by a twister (on the ground), but I miss her ;)
Do you still fly?
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
My name is Bob. I am in my house.
I may need to work on that.... the being in the house part.
Suppose a member is out of his house a lot and that his name is Jon. He should be called...

... "Out-house Jon"?
Suppose a member is out of his house a lot and that his name is Jon. He should be called...

... "Out-house Jon"? pdedse, I didn't catch your story, did I miss it within the thread. To be honest, yours was the one that had me curious about User Names.
 
I thought I explained this on the previous thread but I went back over it and sure enough I didn't. Don't know who I rembered telling this to but here it is:

So as long as I can remember I've been a thief. I figured out at a very young age that you dont need to pay money for digital media. Movies, TV shows, music, video games, software, books/comics...you name it, it's all available on the internet for free. Thats been true since the 90s. As somebody who came up exceptionally poor, I always valued the things I could get for free, and never ever paid for something that I knew I didn't have to. Right or wrong from any perspective, that's just how you level the playing field in those circumstances. So anyway, this persisted into adulthood of course, and as technology got more sophisticated, so did piracy. I moved out on my own at 17 and was on my own at college in my early years when I figured out that certain people....people without my skill set, were looking for a less expensive way to get ahold of the latest movies and software, and weirdly they were willing to pay for it.

So, I'm a smart guy. I have a DVD burner attached to the computer I built. I set about fulfilling that demand. Selling bootlegs bought my groceries during that time, and it was a lifesaver.

A few years later, I'm done with the whole school thing but still dirt poor. I decided to pick up everything I had and move to queens, NYC. Flushing to be exact. Needless to say, the financial demands of that city are...significant. even though I had a better job than before, money was very...very tight. I shoplifted food for lunch on a regular basis. I took tips from customers even though it might cost me my job if I were caught doing so, and of course, I opened up my little bootleg shop with renewed vigor and a much more bold marketing strategy. I was advertising right on Craigslist. People were hitting me up and driving halfway across the city to get copies of Autocad and Rosetta Stone and Adobe Illustrator. It was, again, a lifesaver. One day, near the end of this time, I was on my way home from work, and one of the last customers my bootleg shop ever serviced was supposed to meet me on the corner outside my apartment to get a copy of Rosetta Stone Polish. He said his new wife was polish and he wanted to be able to talk to her family. When I met the guy I was still wearing my work clothes...a full suit and tie, nice shoes, well fitted. He was one of those big, brassy, heavy set full blooded Italian Goomba new Yorker types. As soon as he laid eyes on me in my sharp suit he smiled huge and said,

" EEEHHHH OOOHHH lookat what we got here! Mister Professionality! "

And shook my hand like he was meeting the president.

That night "misterprofessionality" became my email and my handle in all things, and it always will be.
 
Mine is from a Simpsons reference... "I'm not, NOT licking toads..." The pic I use is the part number for RLETS. I've been here awhile. Don't post much, because the quality of the people here far exceeds my contributions.
 
obleo_imp said:
Mine is a character from the short movie The Point a story about a boy who lives in a world where every one has a pointed head except him , he and his dog Arrow go on a journey to understand why he doesn’t have a pointed head. It’s a children’s animated film, to help kids understand people’s differences .
My daughter, who is grown now, loved that movie when she was a kid. We wore out a VHS tape of it.
I guess mine is pretty obvious. I use a different something for every forum I've ever belonged to. I'm an army vet, and this one just seemed to work.
 
My brother raced dirt bikes a very long time ago. He used Team Vise Grip as a joke and Moto Exotica too.

Well many years later I raced RC trucks with my kids and I needed a Team Logo. Well I always liked the Team Vise Grip theme and went with it.

So now I use it for so many things! LOL!
 
Part 1: I have a Blue Honda Fury. When the first Honda marketing videos came out for the new model in 2009, I knew that I had to have one.

Part 2: When I was in the 9th grade there was a 'naughty Swedish movie' out called: "I'm curious Yellow".
At the end of the movie it was proclaimed that there were 2 movies:
"I'm curious Yellow" and "I'm curious Blue", but actually I think that was an "Abstract Movie Plot Device" of some kind and there was never any "I'm Curious Blue" movie..

Anyhow, "I'm Furious_Blue".
 
My name is Tormod. Hovmod means 'pride' (in the seven deadly sins context), and I first used that name for a site where we posted songs we made ourselves, so it seemed fitting. Stuck, and here we are.
 
403586ff6f7be7ab4cd95b289bc26852.jpg

a4c3f66b99bdab7ebe04192f8f8610d4.png



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top