What was your first bike?

Technically I guess it was an Arctic Cat Scat 50cc mini bike... but first real motorcycle was this model Suzuki GS400...
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Honda CB175—K3, I think.

ef92e198317bf82d6a516d7bca8413e4.jpg
Very nice. Love the helmet and goggles.
ea9f4262f7dd81f0deb6eb252ff350a9.jpg


First bike was a 1981 Honda CX500 which I bought from a friend who worked for Honda Australia. It looked just like the one pictured above but had external reservoir (piggy back) rear shocks and a two into one exhaust from a company called 'Winning', it sounded just amazing like a rowdy Moto Guzzi. Great bike which had a fantastic engine but awful handling. Like most of us, I wish I still had that bike today.
 
69ish Montgomery Wards (Benelli) 250 single. Had been sitting in the back of the automotive department for a while and had a few parts missing. The idle mixture screw was gone so it was impossible to run it at idle, had keep blipping the throttle at stoplights. It was great!
Ran it off a wet curve at night, folded the forks in the ditch and along a barb wire fence. It deserved a better fate.

Ben
 
this is a great thread and walk down memory lane . funny how it is fairly easy to age ourselves by our 1st bike ....
 
suhawk305_imp said:
You were not a bad looking guy back then Cormanus!

My first: A 1966 Honda CA95 Benly. According to my note on the back of the photo, the upper picture was taken during the summer of 1968.
3dc60c3c19c956d92056f60e855def8a.jpg
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

9a0bec209bcda021ae9330746d5feae5.jpg

Mine was 2 stroke, 2 speed, pedal started, 50cc moped :rofl:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
You were not a bad looking guy back then Cormanus!

My first: A 1966 Honda CA95 Benly. According to my note on the back of the photo, the upper picture was taken during the summer of 1968.
3dc60c3c19c956d92056f60e855def8a.jpg
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

9a0bec209bcda021ae9330746d5feae5.jpg

Mine was 2 stroke, 2 speed, pedal started, 50cc moped :rofl:
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

Yes, I seen several pictures of Comanus. I would like to further comment that Cormanus, a lot of other forum members, including myself, look very well for vintage motorcycle riders! (I hope I didn’t step into this too deep) :s
 
suhawk305_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
You were not a bad looking guy back then Cormanus!

My first: A 1966 Honda CA95 Benly. According to my note on the back of the photo, the upper picture was taken during the summer of 1968.
3dc60c3c19c956d92056f60e855def8a.jpg
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

9a0bec209bcda021ae9330746d5feae5.jpg

Mine was 2 stroke, 2 speed, pedal started, 50cc moped :rofl:
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

Yes, I seen several pictures of Comanus. I would like to further comment that Cormanus, a lot of other forum members, including myself, look very well for vintage motorcycle riders! (I hope I didn’t step into this too deep) :s
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

Yes, I seen several pictures of Comanus. I would like to further comment that Cormanus, a lot of other forum members, including myself, look very well for vintage motorcycle riders! (I hope I didn’t step into this too deep) :s
Absolutely NOT, I like your sense of humor.. and now I think, I also look very well for vintage motorcycle riders! :P
Cormanus, post you best pic please:D and :thanks:
:beerchug:
 
Like so many others, a Honda Z50 Mini Trail was my first minibike. My dad brought it home one day for my bother and I to play around on. He likely traded out doing some work on someone else's motorcycle in exchange for the Mini Trail. I've yet to locate any old photos of the bike, but it was either a '68 or '69 model. I've always remembered it as yellow and white, but it might have been yellow and silver. It's just been way too long ago now.

After that came a bunch of different small dirt bikes that kept my brother and I (and my dad) entertained. In no specific order: a '73 Honda XR75; a '77 Honda XR75; a '70 Kawasaki G31M Centurion; a '73 Yamaha MX125, a '77 Suzuki RM100.

If I could have any of those bikes back to play around with now it would likely be the '77 XR75. Sure I would be way too big for it, but that didn't stop me when I was a kid as I outgrew it in not time at all. I remember attending a National MX race at Red Bud in Michigan and before the racing started they actually had a one lap pit bike race. It was hilarious watching those riders I so admired out there goofing around on bikes like my old XR. Good times.

53512e0eb76c423a074143ba2c717f7a.jpg


b0581cf391e34088f6e56152d4f48f02.jpg
 
suhawk305_imp said:
You were not a bad looking guy back then Cormanus!

My first: A 1966 Honda CA95 Benly. According to my note on the back of the photo, the upper picture was taken during the summer of 1968.
3dc60c3c19c956d92056f60e855def8a.jpg
Gotta love those fenders,

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
My friend bought a '76 KZ400 to learn to ride. He sold it to another friend (also learning to ride) and then I bought it from him. It had taken a beating from all those newbies, but it had one more to go. :D I added a few more scrapes and dents, but ended up putting 20K miles on it before I sold it to the next noob.

It looked just like this one.
afb0aa6183aac09fd55f21a2978ed989.jpg
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
You were not a bad looking guy back then Cormanus!

My first: A 1966 Honda CA95 Benly. According to my note on the back of the photo, the upper picture was taken during the summer of 1968.
3dc60c3c19c956d92056f60e855def8a.jpg
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

9a0bec209bcda021ae9330746d5feae5.jpg

Mine was 2 stroke, 2 speed, pedal started, 50cc moped :rofl:
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

52f07382a9064bae9705b1405e492abc.jpg

Mine was 2 stroke, 2 speed, pedal started, 50cc moped :rofl:
Oh, if we go back that far, my first „MoPed“ was a Velosolex :D

Velosolex
 
peterbaron_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
You were not a bad looking guy back then Cormanus!

My first: A 1966 Honda CA95 Benly. According to my note on the back of the photo, the upper picture was taken during the summer of 1968.
3dc60c3c19c956d92056f60e855def8a.jpg
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

9a0bec209bcda021ae9330746d5feae5.jpg

Mine was 2 stroke, 2 speed, pedal started, 50cc moped :rofl:
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

Yes, I seen several pictures of Comanus. I would like to further comment that Cormanus, a lot of other forum members, including myself, look very well for vintage motorcycle riders! (I hope I didn’t step into this too deep) :s
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

Yes, I seen several pictures of Comanus. I would like to further comment that Cormanus, a lot of other forum members, including myself, look very well for vintage motorcycle riders! (I hope I didn’t step into this too deep) :s
Absolutely NOT, I like your sense of humor.. and now I think, I also look very well for vintage motorcycle riders! :P
Cormanus, post you best pic please:D and :thanks:
:beerchug:
21fdeee869e30e8f3f0ce0b8a449420f.jpg
 
Cormanus_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
You were not a bad looking guy back then Cormanus!

My first: A 1966 Honda CA95 Benly. According to my note on the back of the photo, the upper picture was taken during the summer of 1968.
3dc60c3c19c956d92056f60e855def8a.jpg
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

9a0bec209bcda021ae9330746d5feae5.jpg

Mine was 2 stroke, 2 speed, pedal started, 50cc moped :rofl:
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

Yes, I seen several pictures of Comanus. I would like to further comment that Cormanus, a lot of other forum members, including myself, look very well for vintage motorcycle riders! (I hope I didn’t step into this too deep) :s
How you know he is bad looking now :huh::huh: , did you see his recent pic ? :P

Yes, I seen several pictures of Comanus. I would like to further comment that Cormanus, a lot of other forum members, including myself, look very well for vintage motorcycle riders! (I hope I didn’t step into this too deep) :s
Absolutely NOT, I like your sense of humor.. and now I think, I also look very well for vintage motorcycle riders! :P
Cormanus, post you best pic please:D and :thanks:
:beerchug:
21fdeee869e30e8f3f0ce0b8a449420f.jpg
2ad04e60a6fabb60b6ac06b3cd893ab9.jpg

:rofl::thumbsup::heart: = still good looking:D

:thanks::worship:
 
First bike was a 1971 Honda CB175. It was Candy Ruby Red. Loved that bike! It was stolen two years after I got it. Promised myself I’d have another one. My signature has a link to the restoration.
 
Posted this picture ( sadly it is the only one I still have of this bike ) before in the "Blast From The Past" thread I wrote a while back. It was a 1967 Suzuki K11 Challenger Sports single cylinder 80cc two stroker. I spent all summer washing dishes and busing tables at a 24 hour restaurant on the graveyard shift, to make the $300 it cost new back then. That $300 was a lot of money back then, and I was 17 at the time. Not only was it my first motorcycle ( about a dozen more followed over the years ), but it was also the first motorized transportation titled in my name.
 
My first bike was a 1978 Kawasaki KV75 when I was 10. My first street bike when I turned 16 was a Yamaha XS 400 Special II.
 
Back
Top