What to use cleaning rear wheel chain grease?

AzBob_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
AzBob_imp said:
The problem with WD40 near the rear wheel is you have to make sure you don't get any on the tire. I prefer brake cleaner to get rid of that mess.
That brake cleaner stuff is pretty harsh. Are you sure it won't damage the wheel's paint/clear coat?
That brake cleaner stuff is pretty harsh. Are you sure it won't damage the wheel's paint/clear coat?
While I can't guarantee it won't have some long-term effect, so far, it doesn't seem to have damaged either of my bikes' wheels.
That brake cleaner stuff is pretty harsh. Are you sure it won't damage the wheel's paint/clear coat?
While I can't guarantee it won't have some long-term effect, so far, it doesn't seem to have damaged either of my bikes' wheels.
after all these years, I am still curious :)
 
I spray WD 40 on a rag or towel and wipe the rim and spokes. Doesn't get on the wheels and cuts the lube just fine. Not really rocket science :)
 
I use a chain cleaner spray I bought from cycle gear. I also got the chain brush and then spray on chain wax when done.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
WD40 or the same kerosene I use to clean the chain. Neither has effected the clear coat on the rims so far, so looks like smooth sailing.
 
Oh. Well, there are noobs ya know :rolleyes: That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D
 
Back
Top