GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
I think "dolly" should get a new name. 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

hy:
hy:peterbaron_imp said:Here is an update.Lord Popgun_imp said:I actually have some solid vinyl flooring material the Navy (and no doubt others) uses and mounts/moves some heavy duty equipment on. I have it in my garage and it will hold up. Or has so far. Does show dents if the bike is on the center stand too long.
BUT, post a pic after your mod. I might want to do it.
I used Rubbermaid shelf bracket to modify my dolly, investment, about C$7.00
![]()
![]()
![]()
peterbaron_imp said:peterbaron_imp said:Here is an update.Lord Popgun_imp said:I actually have some solid vinyl flooring material the Navy (and no doubt others) uses and mounts/moves some heavy duty equipment on. I have it in my garage and it will hold up. Or has so far. Does show dents if the bike is on the center stand too long.
BUT, post a pic after your mod. I might want to do it.
I used Rubbermaid shelf bracket to modify my dolly, investment, about C$7.00
![]()
![]()
UPDATE![]()
LP, just to let you know that the nuts thickness must not exceed 3 mm, otherwise it might drag against the garage floor under the CB's weight...and I have a very smooth/epoxy floor.
.....or instead of nuts, you may cut the tread in dolly's base and use bolts only.
You could call it "smarty " after its owner......peterbaron_imp said:Like what???hy:
hy:
lol - Do people still listen/watch commercials these days?Gone in 60_imp said:The reason I stopped listening to regular radio in my earbuds, and went strictly to Spotify or Pandora... enjoying a nice ride, when a 800 Kars 4 Kids commercial comes on.
... that kid (Kars 4) must be reaping in the royalties these days. The commercial has been around awhile. They even updated it with new kid voices, but have since disappeared and the original voice is back.Gone in 60_imp said:I only watch enough of the commercial to wait for the SKIP to appear. I arranged my earbuds to have the pause button within reach just below my helmet, so if I slapped the right spot on my neck while riding, I could mute the Kars 4 Kids commercials as soon as I heard the first downbeat of the music. But, I decided that simple, uninterrupted background music was much less distracting.
I hear you on the ear plug thing. Wait, was that.... Anyhoo, when I ride the CB, I don't use ear plugs, but when I ride the Suzi, I do, especially if going any distance at all.Tev62_imp said:I thought I would start this thread to see what comes out of the woodwork.
My common "most annoying" thing I do is get fully togged up, headscarf, helmet, glasses on, GoPro plugged in and set up (if I am using it), gloves with inner liners on, key in the ignition, jacket done up, Sat Nav loaded with the destination, everything done, everthing, ready to roll and then Aaaarrrgggghhhh, no bloody ear plugs fitted!
Sometimes I have the mind of a Goldfish and it drives me nuts, especially on a hot day where you just want to get moving and get a bit of a breeze on.
... when it's deep it feels like my brain is going to goink up and swallow it.GoldOxide_imp said:... I have to say that I find annoying when an earplug (untethered) gets stuck in the ear. In addition, even needle nose pliers almost don't work to get it out.
So... put your helmet on, and then the plugs. Seems counterintuitive,Cormanus_imp said:I hate it when you put them in carefully and they dislodge as you put your helmet on.

... when it's deep it feels like my brain is going to goink up and swallow it.GoldOxide_imp said:... when it's deep it feels like my brain is going to goink up and swallow it.GoldOxide_imp said:... I have to say that I find annoying when an earplug (untethered) gets stuck in the ear. In addition, even needle nose pliers almost don't work to get it out.
... when it's deep it feels like my brain is going to goink up and swallow it.GoldOxide_imp said:... when it's deep it feels like my brain is going to goink up and swallow it.GoldOxide_imp said:... I have to say that I find annoying when an earplug (untethered) gets stuck in the ear. In addition, even needle nose pliers almost don't work to get it out.
I am sure it’s my helmet, ... not my ears :dodgy:Cormanus_imp said:I have much less trouble with my QC20s. Strange.