What is the most annoying thing that happens to you on the bike?

peterbaron_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I actually have some solid vinyl flooring material the Navy (and no doubt others) uses and mounts/moves some heavy duty equipment on. I have it in my garage and it will hold up. Or has so far. Does show dents if the bike is on the center stand too long.

BUT, post a pic after your mod. I might want to do it.
Here is an update.
I used Rubbermaid shelf bracket to modify my dolly, investment, about C$7.00

4a3d0aeffbb1bfccfbb577a6354a22d9.jpg


02ddba8b7c758d55c9638625c4408c84.jpg


bb5d297792fc8470bfe8449dd97dcddf.jpg
77ae09ea33636bc95d71f392500fe01f.jpg
UPDATE
LP, just to let you know that the nuts thickness must not exceed 3 mm, otherwise it might drag against the garage floor under the CB's weight...and I have a very smooth/epoxy floor.
.....or instead of nuts, you may cut the tread in dolly's base and use bolts only.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I actually have some solid vinyl flooring material the Navy (and no doubt others) uses and mounts/moves some heavy duty equipment on. I have it in my garage and it will hold up. Or has so far. Does show dents if the bike is on the center stand too long.

BUT, post a pic after your mod. I might want to do it.
Here is an update.
I used Rubbermaid shelf bracket to modify my dolly, investment, about C$7.00

4a3d0aeffbb1bfccfbb577a6354a22d9.jpg


02ddba8b7c758d55c9638625c4408c84.jpg


bb5d297792fc8470bfe8449dd97dcddf.jpg
77ae09ea33636bc95d71f392500fe01f.jpg
UPDATE
LP, just to let you know that the nuts thickness must not exceed 3 mm, otherwise it might drag against the garage floor under the CB's weight...and I have a very smooth/epoxy floor.
.....or instead of nuts, you may cut the tread in dolly's base and use bolts only.
6b1ef168c3b688cbe74cb52226c3c0d3.jpg
UPDATE
LP, just to let you know that the nuts thickness must not exceed 3 mm, otherwise it might drag against the garage floor under the CB's weight...and I have a very smooth/epoxy floor.
.....or instead of nuts, you may cut the tread in dolly's base and use bolts only.
... or use large gauge pop rivets, heads pointing down.
 
Two things that drive me nuts:
1) forgetting to buckle my helmet before I put my gloves on. My bare fingers are fat enough, impossible with gloves. And
2) parking, pulling key and tossing it in my pocket, only to realize I need it for the helmet lock
 
The reason I stopped listening to regular radio in my earbuds, and went strictly to Spotify or Pandora... enjoying a nice ride, when a 800 Kars 4 Kids commercial comes on.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
The reason I stopped listening to regular radio in my earbuds, and went strictly to Spotify or Pandora... enjoying a nice ride, when a 800 Kars 4 Kids commercial comes on.
lol - Do people still listen/watch commercials these days?

But yeah, would be annoying while one with the machine.
 
I only watch enough of the commercial to wait for the SKIP to appear. I arranged my earbuds to have the pause button within reach just below my helmet, so if I slapped the right spot on my neck while riding, I could mute the Kars 4 Kids commercials as soon as I heard the first downbeat of the music. But, I decided that simple, uninterrupted background music was much less distracting.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I only watch enough of the commercial to wait for the SKIP to appear. I arranged my earbuds to have the pause button within reach just below my helmet, so if I slapped the right spot on my neck while riding, I could mute the Kars 4 Kids commercials as soon as I heard the first downbeat of the music. But, I decided that simple, uninterrupted background music was much less distracting.
... that kid (Kars 4) must be reaping in the royalties these days. The commercial has been around awhile. They even updated it with new kid voices, but have since disappeared and the original voice is back.
 
Tev62_imp said:
I thought I would start this thread to see what comes out of the woodwork.

My common "most annoying" thing I do is get fully togged up, headscarf, helmet, glasses on, GoPro plugged in and set up (if I am using it), gloves with inner liners on, key in the ignition, jacket done up, Sat Nav loaded with the destination, everything done, everthing, ready to roll and then Aaaarrrgggghhhh, no bloody ear plugs fitted!

Sometimes I have the mind of a Goldfish and it drives me nuts, especially on a hot day where you just want to get moving and get a bit of a breeze on.
I hear you on the ear plug thing. Wait, was that.... Anyhoo, when I ride the CB, I don't use ear plugs, but when I ride the Suzi, I do, especially if going any distance at all.
 
... I have to say that I find annoying when an earplug (untethered) gets stuck in the ear. In addition, even needle nose pliers almost don't work to get it out.
 
I hate it when you put them in carefully and they dislodge as you put your helmet on.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
... I have to say that I find annoying when an earplug (untethered) gets stuck in the ear. In addition, even needle nose pliers almost don't work to get it out.
... when it's deep it feels like my brain is going to goink up and swallow it.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I hate it when you put them in carefully and they dislodge as you put your helmet on.
So... put your helmet on, and then the plugs. Seems counterintuitive,
but it works after a few exercises. Even works with Bose QN20/s where your method fails all the time ;)
GoldOxide_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... I have to say that I find annoying when an earplug (untethered) gets stuck in the ear. In addition, even needle nose pliers almost don't work to get it out.
... when it's deep it feels like my brain is going to goink up and swallow it.
... when it's deep it feels like my brain is going to goink up and swallow it.
Does one really have to explain that getting them this deep in is a) a bad idea for your hearing, and b) shows that you are using the wrong model ? ... or ... are you joking?
GoldOxide_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... I have to say that I find annoying when an earplug (untethered) gets stuck in the ear. In addition, even needle nose pliers almost don't work to get it out.
... when it's deep it feels like my brain is going to goink up and swallow it.
... when it's deep it feels like my brain is going to goink up and swallow it.
Does one really have to explain that getting them this deep in is a) a bad idea for your hearing, and b) shows that you are using the wrong model ? ... or ... are you joking? :idea:
 
I have much less trouble with my QC20s. Strange.
 
Back
Top