Dropped Bike / mirror issue

Good deal. Glad you are back on the road.. With both bikes. THose 1200c Beemers are certainly different. i've heard they are pretty nice bikes though.
 
The copper coloured R1200C Avantagarde was on my short list in 2002 but didn't make the cut.

I can't remember the last time I saw one, they are a nice looking bike.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Good deal. Glad you are back on the road.. With both bikes. THose 1200c Beemers are certainly different. i've heard they are pretty nice bikes though.
Maybe I spoke too soon. On the ride back this evening, my left foot peg broke clean off. It must have been damaged from the drop and I just never noticed it. It's a real pain to ride without a peg.

The question though is how to replace it. There is a hinge pin that needs to be removed, but the shifter is in the way. It's not immediately obvious how to remove the shifter. I can take it in if need be, but for something as simple as replacing a foot peg that seems excessive.
 
The question though is how to replace it. There is a hinge pin that needs to be removed, but the shifter is in the way. It's not immediately obvious how to remove the shifter. I can take it in if need be, but for something as simple as replacing a foot peg that seems excessive.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, 6 mm ( metric ) allen key comes out easy and the gear shifter just dangles down , all the room in the world to work on the footpeg.
Good opportunity to put some grease on the gear shifter shaft, no need to unscrew any links, just replace the foot peg, hope the mounting ( where the pin sits in ) has no damage, probably easy to get hold of a peg, my 13 year old hornet 900 has the exact same peg, so most honda's use them.

If you put something on the gear shifter bolt thread at re-assembly like locktite and not over-torque it will be more secure in the future.

cheers max
 
Thread starter
Thanks, Nothing in stock locally, but I ordered the peg from the local dealer (it was very cheap...) I also used it as an excuse to order up something called the MFW Vario (you have to order the peg, a mount and an "extension". I was happy with the original peg, but having an option to adjust the position sounded nice (even though when you purchase all 3 necessary parts it comes close to $200!)

I'll let you know which one I end up liking better.....
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Good deal. Glad you are back on the road.. With both bikes. THose 1200c Beemers are certainly different. i've heard they are pretty nice bikes though.
Different indeed, but I've had the cruiser since new over 20 years ago and it fits like a glove. It's really a nice complement to the CB1100. While both have roughly the same oomph, the Beemer is much heavier (and feels more stable at highway speeds) The CB is definitely the more nimble of the two.

34a995800cdd831b48dbbc9ef0160247.jpg
 
At first glance I thought what an odd looking machine. But looking at all the features of the bike changed my mind.
Modern Earles style forks
Single arm swing arm
Shaft drive
Chrome heads on the boxer engine
Chrome exhaust headers
Comfy seat with a back rest, when it's not the passenger seat
Ape hangers with bar end mirrors
Frame blended into the motor

Somebody had fun designing this machine
 
An old riding buddy of mine had one of those. Definitely a different animal. I remember thinking "what the heck?" the first time I saw it but the uniqueness grew on me over time. You just don't see them around anymore which makes me like it even more.
 
Back
Top