What is the most annoying thing that happens to you on the bike?

max_imp said:
It's a funny thing, steel on steel, not until you see a 42 ton caterpillar slip of the side of a trailer you realize there is just no traction there and very unsettling when this happens, thanks for the pics P.B. and glad you didn't drop the bike, could have easily gone wrong....

Besides the bee stings i heard this light " tick " as if something had hit the helmet, next thing a wasp was crawling across the inside of my closed visor, after i realized this i quickly opened it and it escaped but i still moved to the side and stopped to made sure we were both separated.

Looks like the markings on the floor is his " helipad " to position the trolley?
GoldOxide_imp said:

All back to normal with a happy end.
Two guys lift up my bike, while I kept balance and pulled out stuck dolly.
Black marks on my garage floor are intentional for the pads placement to compensate dolly hight, so there is no extra effort to use bike's centre stand.

A barrier strap will be installed across my dolly, which prevents from forward sliding... and engine support flat pad is being made, so I can use my floor jack if situation reapers or something unexpected/similar....






:excited:
 
Variety of engine under-pads/blocks, including stainless steel reinforcement are ready and awaiting assembling...soon.

9a36dc126be72cce3a7d87279c8b6e41.jpg
 
Mixagon_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
RE stinging insects inside helmet:

Yeah max - an always present risk. Hasn't happened yet to me, but always wary.

Getting a sting in the eyeball is almost like puncturing an eye tumor yourself with a safety pin. Not very pleasant.
Back in the 70's riding behind a mate when all of a sudden he started swerving and then his back wheel locked up and he came to a quick stop and just dropped his bike and went running up and down the grass verge tearing his upper clothes off. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing :excited:
A wasp had gone up his sleeve and stung him many times.
Back in the 70's riding behind a mate when all of a sudden he started swerving and then his back wheel locked up and he came to a quick stop and just dropped his bike and went running up and down the grass verge tearing his upper clothes off. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing :excited:
A wasp had gone up his sleeve and stung him many times.
Not so funny. This same event, except in a car put me in ICU and near death death from a severe allergic reaction to multiple stings!:angel:
 
michael1954_imp said:
Mixagon_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
RE stinging insects inside helmet:

Yeah max - an always present risk. Hasn't happened yet to me, but always wary.

Getting a sting in the eyeball is almost like puncturing an eye tumor yourself with a safety pin. Not very pleasant.
Back in the 70's riding behind a mate when all of a sudden he started swerving and then his back wheel locked up and he came to a quick stop and just dropped his bike and went running up and down the grass verge tearing his upper clothes off. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing :excited:
A wasp had gone up his sleeve and stung him many times.
Back in the 70's riding behind a mate when all of a sudden he started swerving and then his back wheel locked up and he came to a quick stop and just dropped his bike and went running up and down the grass verge tearing his upper clothes off. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing :excited:
A wasp had gone up his sleeve and stung him many times.
Not so funny. This same event, except in a car put me in ICU and near death death from a severe allergic reaction to multiple stings!:angel:
Back in the 70's riding behind a mate when all of a sudden he started swerving and then his back wheel locked up and he came to a quick stop and just dropped his bike and went running up and down the grass verge tearing his upper clothes off. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing :excited:
A wasp had gone up his sleeve and stung him many times.
Not so funny. This same event, except in a car put me in ICU and near death death from a severe allergic reaction to multiple stings!:angel:
I also get an allergic reaction from wasp stings and need treatment so I know where your coming from but the wasp stings wasn't the funny part.
If you knew my mate who is very much like the actor from Faulty Towers John Cleese tall and lanky and very funny you would understand, so it was the visual part that had all 3 followers laughing.
There were so many funny incidents with the same man all good memories and he loved making us laugh and also laughed with us, he was the group comedian.
 
Ha... I did the whole put the helmet on, put the gloves on, climb on, and then see that I left the key in my pocket when I went to leave after a trip to the dealership this afternoon. :dodgy:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
This morning got a quadruple lock up before 250 mile ride.
Pics speak up for this annoying situation....

80aee74a78990ade5384eae696de44d3.jpg



fb43000e3e9fe551ae75dbea143c3a56.jpg



074d0dcf66fb44dee05be49f8fcca463.jpg



Obviously, dolly mod is coming next to prevent this situation from happening again.

GR-RRRRRRRRR :@:@:@
See the difference? Mine has a border to prevent coming off with the center stand:

f3374e53f1485784718e01d3b6a60a0e.jpg
 
PB, I have one like yours. It came with a piece of non-skid to stick on. Didn’t yours?

If the non-skid wears out I’ll cut a piece of rubber material to put on it.
 
Think rubber will wear out too quickly...metal or wooden strap across one side will solve the issue
 
I actually have some solid vinyl flooring material the Navy (and no doubt others) uses and mounts/moves some heavy duty equipment on. I have it in my garage and it will hold up. Or has so far. Does show dents if the bike is on the center stand too long.

BUT, post a pic after your mod. I might want to do it.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I actually have some solid vinyl flooring material the Navy (and no doubt others) uses and mounts/moves some heavy duty equipment on. I have it in my garage and it will hold up. Or has so far. Does show dents if the bike is on the center stand too long.

BUT, post a pic after your mod. I might want to do it.
OK, will do it next week, if forget it, remind me, please..... as this week was crazy.. Yesterday my son's car broke down 80 kms away from home and I was +80 kms in opposite direction with my bike.... first home to take scanner & tools then went for service call, so he could drive it home.
Today took it to work to rectify its rare/intermittent glitch...
 
Django_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
This morning got a quadruple lock up before 250 mile ride.
Pics speak up for this annoying situation....

80aee74a78990ade5384eae696de44d3.jpg



fb43000e3e9fe551ae75dbea143c3a56.jpg



074d0dcf66fb44dee05be49f8fcca463.jpg



Obviously, dolly mod is coming next to prevent this situation from happening again.

GR-RRRRRRRRR :@:@:@
See the difference? Mine has a border to prevent coming off with the center stand:

f3374e53f1485784718e01d3b6a60a0e.jpg
See the difference? Mine has a border to prevent coming off with the center stand:

6367e6e1f208ade0c1006b8c13e75678.jpg

Dang, those Canadian designs PB.
 
I would say getting a big center-hit bug splat just minutes after cleaning your visor, especially on a group ride...right after a stop.

I had problems with earplugs until I made a mnemonic:

Plugs (earplugs or ear buds)
Jugs (helmet)
Bugs (eyewear)
Glugs (gloves)

Re: mask, I’ve got one in my wallet and one in the tail bag. Thankfully, in most of the good, remote riding areas, people are done with the silliness and no one bothers anymore.

Key is always in the ignition, rarely removed. Spare in riding pants pocket.
 
... or a fresh bug splatter (as Stichill highlights), and the automatic impulsive attempt to clear the carnage only to further smear the impact zone. Now one of your eyes is getting twisted up looking through your visor.
 
Most annoying thing? Having to wait for the beer to settle down a bit after I carry it to my friends' houses in the top box. We learned the hard way.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I actually have some solid vinyl flooring material the Navy (and no doubt others) uses and mounts/moves some heavy duty equipment on. I have it in my garage and it will hold up. Or has so far. Does show dents if the bike is on the center stand too long.

BUT, post a pic after your mod. I might want to do it.
Here is an update.
I used Rubbermaid shelf bracket to modify my dolly, investment, about C$7.00

4a3d0aeffbb1bfccfbb577a6354a22d9.jpg


02ddba8b7c758d55c9638625c4408c84.jpg


bb5d297792fc8470bfe8449dd97dcddf.jpg
 
Back
Top