What is the most annoying thing that happens to you on the bike?

jimgl3_imp said:
starting down the road and feel my helmet strap flapping because I forgot to strap it up!
Available now are the magnet strap clasps which allow riders to do up the helmet with their gloves on. Example: The Klim Krios Pro helmet has them.
 
jimgl3_imp said:
starting down the road and feel my helmet strap flapping because I forgot to strap it up!
That happened to me on a group ride. I had to drop out of the ride because I couldn't stand having it unstrapped. :(
 
jimgl3_imp said:
starting down the road and feel my helmet strap flapping because I forgot to strap it up!
It sound to me like forgetting to stop at a stop sign...:D
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
starting down the road and feel my helmet strap flapping because I forgot to strap it up!
That happened to me on a group ride. I had to drop out of the ride because I couldn't stand having it unstrapped. :(
That happened to me on a group ride. I had to drop out of the ride because I couldn't stand having it unstrapped. :(
Yeah, and with some helmet clasps, a few swats at the Adam's Apple will do it too. :-/
 
The ferret_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Since getting the NC 750X I keep forgetting to get my Ray Bans out of the "frunk" before starting. Take key out of ignition and open the frunk to fetch the shades.
You just gave me an idea Redbirds. When my NC gets here I'm going to build a knob/key for the frunk like I did for my ST 1300 saddlebags. Get a key made, grind the head down so it fits in a plastic bottle lid and epoxy the key in there. Then just leave the knob/key in the frunk since I'm not away from the bike 99% of the time. If leaving the bike just take out the knob/key and put it in my pocket.

Example

b8e9f752613690216a15315717344c0b.jpg


another example using a coke bottle cap

c6d0d7fe311efac68a9ec219968ec256.jpg
You just gave me an idea Redbirds. When my NC gets here I'm going to build a knob/key for the frunk like I did for my ST 1300 saddlebags. Get a key made, grind the head down so it fits in a plastic bottle lid and epoxy the key in there. Then just leave the knob/key in the frunk since I'm not away from the bike 99% of the time. If leaving the bike just take out the knob/key and put it in my pocket.

Example

6a20e496cc9084deb5de35cb1ded8faa.jpg


another example using a coke bottle cap

5553ba6dc2295745ad1894c9e0b6eb7b.jpg

That is a great idea.

Many incidents reported on the FB Honda NC700-750 group, riders accidentally locking their key in the frunk and some without a spare.
 
redbirds_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Since getting the NC 750X I keep forgetting to get my Ray Bans out of the "frunk" before starting. Take key out of ignition and open the frunk to fetch the shades.
You just gave me an idea Redbirds. When my NC gets here I'm going to build a knob/key for the frunk like I did for my ST 1300 saddlebags. Get a key made, grind the head down so it fits in a plastic bottle lid and epoxy the key in there. Then just leave the knob/key in the frunk since I'm not away from the bike 99% of the time. If leaving the bike just take out the knob/key and put it in my pocket.

Example

b8e9f752613690216a15315717344c0b.jpg


another example using a coke bottle cap

c6d0d7fe311efac68a9ec219968ec256.jpg
You just gave me an idea Redbirds. When my NC gets here I'm going to build a knob/key for the frunk like I did for my ST 1300 saddlebags. Get a key made, grind the head down so it fits in a plastic bottle lid and epoxy the key in there. Then just leave the knob/key in the frunk since I'm not away from the bike 99% of the time. If leaving the bike just take out the knob/key and put it in my pocket.

Example

6a20e496cc9084deb5de35cb1ded8faa.jpg


another example using a coke bottle cap

5553ba6dc2295745ad1894c9e0b6eb7b.jpg

That is a great idea.

Many incidents reported on the FB Honda NC700-750 group, riders accidentally locking their key in the frunk and some without a spare.
Agreed Red. Nice one Ferret.

An Aprilia model (Mana 850) had a "frunk", and it opened toward the rider. In addition, Aprilia chose not to use a key, but rather an electric latch pushbutton on the handlebar (enabled only when the accessory/ignition switch was on). It was common to open the trunk on-the-fly to plug/unplug devices in the frunk 12V socket, fetch a camera, drink, or grab a warmer/cooler pair of riding gloves.

Aprilia went one step further: They also provided a back-up mechanical cable-driven lever under the seat that would release the frunk lid.

I believe Honda borrowed the idea of a frunk from Aprilia since Honda's came out years later.
 
I usually forget my sunglasses or even where I put them. To solve this one I have TWO sets of sunglasses on one of my workbenches in the garage where I leave them after riding. I have 2 because I may even forget to leave one pair there!
P.S..I still do not wear earplugs. I want to hear all that is around me, and my hearing is still exceptional after 50 years of being on bikes. I think all the Rock concerts I attended as a brash young man would have killed them off years ago, but nope. I even got a job in Grad school that was rating sound systems for a private firm that created sound systems for just about every thing you could think of, even in tanks!
:biker:
 
This morning got a quadruple lock up before 250 mile ride.
Pics speak up for this annoying situation....

80aee74a78990ade5384eae696de44d3.jpg



fb43000e3e9fe551ae75dbea143c3a56.jpg



074d0dcf66fb44dee05be49f8fcca463.jpg



Obviously, dolly mod is coming next to prevent this situation from happening again.

GR-RRRRRRRRR :@:@:@
 
It's a funny thing, steel on steel, not until you see a 42 ton caterpillar slip of the side of a trailer you realize there is just no traction there and very unsettling when this happens, thanks for the pics P.B. and glad you didn't drop the bike, could have easily gone wrong....

Besides the bee stings i heard this light " tick " as if something had hit the helmet, next thing a wasp was crawling across the inside of my closed visor, after i realized this i quickly opened it and it escaped but i still moved to the side and stopped to made sure we were both separated.

Looks like the markings on the floor is his " helipad " to position the trolley?
 
RE stinging insects inside helmet:

Yeah max - an always present risk. Hasn't happened yet to me, but always wary.

Getting a sting in the eyeball is almost like puncturing an eye tumor yourself with a safety pin. Not very pleasant.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
RE stinging insects inside helmet:

Yeah max - an always present risk. Hasn't happened yet to me, but always wary.

Getting a sting in the eyeball is almost like puncturing an eye tumor yourself with a safety pin. Not very pleasant.
Back in the 70's riding behind a mate when all of a sudden he started swerving and then his back wheel locked up and he came to a quick stop and just dropped his bike and went running up and down the grass verge tearing his upper clothes off. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing :excited:
A wasp had gone up his sleeve and stung him many times.
 
Mixagon_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
RE stinging insects inside helmet:

Yeah max - an always present risk. Hasn't happened yet to me, but always wary.

Getting a sting in the eyeball is almost like puncturing an eye tumor yourself with a safety pin. Not very pleasant.
Back in the 70's riding behind a mate when all of a sudden he started swerving and then his back wheel locked up and he came to a quick stop and just dropped his bike and went running up and down the grass verge tearing his upper clothes off. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing :excited:
A wasp had gone up his sleeve and stung him many times.
Back in the 70's riding behind a mate when all of a sudden he started swerving and then his back wheel locked up and he came to a quick stop and just dropped his bike and went running up and down the grass verge tearing his upper clothes off. It was so funny I couldn't stop laughing :excited:
A wasp had gone up his sleeve and stung him many times.
Sadly, I have seen this exact scene when we all stopped at a rural (in the middle of nowhere) stop sign. The rider was stung about a half dozen times before he pinched the wasp to death. (ew)

It was manic for about 15 seconds and at first wasn't sure what was going on.
 
Back
Top