What is the most annoying thing that happens to you on the bike?

Tev62

Road warrior
Thread starter
I thought I would start this thread to see what comes out of the woodwork.

My common "most annoying" thing I do is get fully togged up, headscarf, helmet, glasses on, GoPro plugged in and set up (if I am using it), gloves with inner liners on, key in the ignition, jacket done up, Sat Nav loaded with the destination, everything done, everthing, ready to roll and then Aaaarrrgggghhhh, no bloody ear plugs fitted!

Sometimes I have the mind of a Goldfish and it drives me nuts, especially on a hot day where you just want to get moving and get a bit of a breeze on.
 
Having to take a poo after being all dressed up with my Aerostich jacket and pants, helmet , boots and gloves..........
 
Rocky_imp said:
Mine is having to go digging for the key after I'm fully suited up.
+1

My other is sitting on it, waiting it to warm up, then kicking it in gear with the side stand still extended and killing the motor. :@
 
Since getting the NC 750X I keep forgetting to get my Ray Bans out of the "frunk" before starting. Take key out of ignition and open the frunk to fetch the shades.
 
The other people I'm riding with staring at me with perturbed glares because they are ready to go while I am meticulously going through my gearing-up process so as not to forget my ear plugs, or keys, or the pre-ride poo, etc.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Since getting the NC 750X I keep forgetting to get my Ray Bans out of the "frunk" before starting. Take key out of ignition and open the frunk to fetch the shades.
You just gave me an idea Redbirds. When my NC gets here I'm going to build a knob/key for the frunk like I did for my ST 1300 saddlebags. Get a key made, grind the head down so it fits in a plastic bottle lid and epoxy the key in there. Then just leave the knob/key in the frunk since I'm not away from the bike 99% of the time. If leaving the bike just take out the knob/key and put it in my pocket.

Example

b8e9f752613690216a15315717344c0b.jpg


another example using a coke bottle cap

c6d0d7fe311efac68a9ec219968ec256.jpg
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Having to take a poo after being all dressed up with my Aerostich jacket and pants, helmet , boots and gloves..........
:s sometimes you just got to take a gamble, incubate a bit longer and head out!
 
Tev62_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Having to take a poo after being all dressed up with my Aerostich jacket and pants, helmet , boots and gloves..........
:s sometimes you just got to take a gamble, incubate a bit longer and head out!
:s sometimes you just got to take a gamble, incubate a bit longer and head out!
I was only kidding about the poo !
 
Definitely agree with the key thing..... My other two bikes have the proximity key thing. As annoying as it is to have to find the pocket with the key and then fish it out, I'm pretty sure it'll be significantly more annoying when (not if) the proximity keys fail. It's non-obvious what the procedure is with both bikes. I'm guaranteed to forget the secret by the time that a key actually fails.
 
tommymck_imp said:
Definitely agree with the key thing..... My other two bikes have the proximity key thing. As annoying as it is to have to find the pocket with the key and then fish it out, I'm pretty sure it'll be significantly more annoying when (not if) the proximity keys fail. It's non-obvious what the procedure is with both bikes. I'm guaranteed to forget the secret by the time that a key actually fails.
My family doctor who I was riding with in the eastern part of the state wondering why his new BMW wouldn't start after we stopped an removed rain gear (hint the fob was in his rainsuit pocket in the saddlebag of the bike)

47dee3ecefa032cb13a93b83d5eecb42.jpg
 
Houtman_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Having to take a poo after being all dressed up with my Aerostich jacket and pants, helmet , boots and gloves..........
:s sometimes you just got to take a gamble, incubate a bit longer and head out!
:s sometimes you just got to take a gamble, incubate a bit longer and head out!
I was only kidding about the poo !
I was only kidding about the poo !
Understood.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Having to take a poo after being all dressed up with my Aerostich jacket and pants, helmet , boots and gloves..........
:s sometimes you just got to take a gamble, incubate a bit longer and head out!
:s sometimes you just got to take a gamble, incubate a bit longer and head out!
I was only kidding about the poo !
:s sometimes you just got to take a gamble, incubate a bit longer and head out!
I was only kidding about the poo !
I know I know! :celebrate:
tommymck_imp said:
Definitely agree with the key thing..... My other two bikes have the proximity key thing. As annoying as it is to have to find the pocket with the key and then fish it out, I'm pretty sure it'll be significantly more annoying when (not if) the proximity keys fail. It's non-obvious what the procedure is with both bikes. I'm guaranteed to forget the secret by the time that a key actually fails.
On my Triumph the user manual shows the position of the wireless antenna and you can hold the wireless keyfob against it to start the bike, even with a dud battery (or no battery at all). It is a subject that comes up a lot on the forums because the Triumph implementation of the wireless system is so bloody awful.
 
Back in the 1970s, my CB77 ran out of gas on a rural road. My friend, who I was riding with, rode back to town to get gas for me. Soon a large dog, probably the size of a Mastiff, came from his home to check me and my CB out. Luckily, it was a friendly dog to me, but HE took offense to my CB. The dog's rear leg came up and whizzed all over my gas tank and engine, The urine was hissing as it hit the hot engine, and what an awful smell! I'm glad I was not sitting on the bike.
I believe this dog belonged to Mr. Houtman because this happen just outside of Binghamton, NY.
(true story)
 
suhawk305_imp said:
Back in the 1970s, my CB77 ran out of gas on a rural road. My friend, who I was riding with, rode back to town to get gas for me. Soon a large dog, probably the size of a Mastiff, came from his home to check me and my CB out. Luckily, it was a friendly dog to me, but HE took offense to my CB. The dog's rear leg came up and whizzed all over my gas tank and engine, The urine was hissing as it hit the hot engine, and what an awful smell! I'm glad I was not sitting on the bike.
I believe this dog belonged to Mr. Houtman because this happen just outside of Binghamton, NY.
(true story)
We never had dogs as my wife and I are cat people ! We did live in Endwell , just outside Binghamton.
 
Houtman_imp said:
suhawk305_imp said:
Back in the 1970s, my CB77 ran out of gas on a rural road. My friend, who I was riding with, rode back to town to get gas for me. Soon a large dog, probably the size of a Mastiff, came from his home to check me and my CB out. Luckily, it was a friendly dog to me, but HE took offense to my CB. The dog's rear leg came up and whizzed all over my gas tank and engine, The urine was hissing as it hit the hot engine, and what an awful smell! I'm glad I was not sitting on the bike.
I believe this dog belonged to Mr. Houtman because this happen just outside of Binghamton, NY.
(true story)
We never had dogs as my wife and I are cat people ! We did live in Endwell , just outside Binghamton.
We never had dogs as my wife and I are cat people ! We did live in Endwell , just outside Binghamton. I was not in your neighborhood when this happened :D. I lived in Binghamton's West Side from 1973 until 1977.
 
I always balance my gloves on the speedo area and put them on last when I'm sitting on the bike with engine running ready to go and often I drop one and have to get off to pick it up.
Another is a call or message on phone in pocket, I have a one minute message repeater set up so its keeps bleeping till I look at the message.
So I stop,
gloves off,
Phone out check message
drop a glove and ... you know the rest :D
 
Back
Top