peterbaron
Road warrior
Our member GO used to use this:
TUTORO Automatic Motorcycle Chain Oilers
TUTORO Automatic Motorcycle Chain Oilers
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Still do! (but on other chain final drive bike)peterbaron_imp said:Our member GO used to use this:
TUTORO Automatic Motorcycle Chain Oilers
Is that how you lost the 6th speed? In USA the '14 CB1100 STD is a 6 speed-at least mine is.White Dog_imp said:Is that how you lost the 6th speed? In USA the '14 CB1100 STD is a 6 speed-at least mine is.tod.branko_imp said:First thing you do with a brand new bike is - drop it. After that you can relax
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
My bike is Japanese spec, and definitely not bought brand new, I only buy crashed bikes. Besides 5-speeds are the fastestVLJ_imp said:He's in the UAE. His market's 2014 Standard may be unchanged from the 5-spd 2013 model.
Is that how you lost the 6th speed? In USA the '14 CB1100 STD is a 6 speed-at least mine is.tod.branko_imp said:Is that how you lost the 6th speed? In USA the '14 CB1100 STD is a 6 speed-at least mine is.White Dog_imp said:Is that how you lost the 6th speed? In USA the '14 CB1100 STD is a 6 speed-at least mine is.tod.branko_imp said:First thing you do with a brand new bike is - drop it. After that you can relax
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speedMy bike is Japanese spec, and definitely not bought brand new, I only buy crashed bikes. Besides 5-speeds are the fastestVLJ_imp said:He's in the UAE. His market's 2014 Standard may be unchanged from the 5-spd 2013 model.![]()
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
My bike is Japanese spec, and definitely not bought brand new, I only buy crashed bikes. Besides 5-speeds are the fastestVLJ_imp said:He's in the UAE. His market's 2014 Standard may be unchanged from the 5-spd 2013 model.
tod.branko' pid='284364' dateline='1609267504 said:First thing you do with a brand new bike is - drop it. After that you can relax
This actually happened to me. I purchased my brand new 1974 Honda XL250. I saved for this bike delivering newspapers, cutting lawns, and shoveling driveways. My very first ride was off road (I didn't have a license), and was right after a rain storm. I had ridden maybe 100 yards, and stopped to examine a large wash-out caused by the rain. I carefully parked my brand new bike on the side stand and walked closer to examine the damage to the trail. While I was checking things over I heard a crash; my kickstand had sunk into the dirt and my bike toppled over. Put a large dent and scratches in the tank! I was heart broken.
Dave_imp said:Ooooo, even to this day, I kinda felt that. :-/tod.branko' pid='284364' dateline='1609267504 said:First thing you do with a brand new bike is - drop it. After that you can relax
This actually happened to me. I purchased my brand new 1974 Honda XL250. I saved for this bike delivering newspapers, cutting lawns, and shoveling driveways. My very first ride was off road (I didn't have a license), and was right after a rain storm. I had ridden maybe 100 yards, and stopped to examine a large wash-out caused by the rain. I carefully parked my brand new bike on the side stand and walked closer to examine the damage to the trail. While I was checking things over I heard a crash; my kickstand had sunk into the dirt and my bike toppled over. Put a large dent and scratches in the tank! I was heart broken.
I realize that it gets old, me agreeing with almost everything the ferret has to say, but once again he's nailed it. I bought my 2013 CB1100 new. The dealer showed me the oil level and air-pressure of the tires before I left. It was, and remains, my only new motorcycle purchase. I don't believe that I've ever been so excited by the purchase of anything else in my life. For me that first ride home after picking the bike up from the dealer was glorious — despite the fact that it was pouring down rain and I was entering rush hour traffic in the city.The ferret_imp said:check oil level and tire pressure at the dealership before you leave
Top it off with gas on the way home..and oh yea, take the long way home

How funny to read these lines. This is exactly what I did - to the horror of my Mom - with my very first bike... exactly 46 years ago, in her kitchen. She was speechless, like never before or after again. The bike was put back together the next day. She couldn't believe that either.Lord Popgun_imp said:You should totally disassemble the bike and then put it back together ensuring each fastener is torqued properly. Ok, don’t do that
Its a Honda. Ride it. It would be good to check the engine oil level, chain tension and tire air pressure. These bikes like the air pressure to be correct.
I’ll let others talk about protection of metal bits.
And read the owners manual![]()
Could you let me know since when you are using FS365, how much you use, and any other observations ? And ... does the fine-print say anything about materials on which one better doesn't spray it ?Tev62_imp said:Use FS365 as opposed to that sticky mess ACF50 - http://www.scottoiler.com/products/refill-lubes-protectors/fs365-bike-protector/
Like anything it gets good and bad press but I like it. It can be sprayed over the bike post wash while it is still wet. It is not as long lasting as ACF50 but much less sticky, it is a very fine film.
)