What did you do to your CB1100 Today?

Jchoby: is your bike a 13 or 14? I have the givi top case on my ST1300 one button release and it's off. Pretty neat setup. My mount is made for the ST1300 but if givi makes a mount to fit the rack on the. CB1100 I can use it for trips! I'm pretty sure if they don't make a mount I can make the ST mount fit the rack of the CB
Michael
 
I have a 13 and got the Givi SR1118 rack. There is a specific mounting plate I need to order to use with a Monokey top case.
 
I installed the Force Design red side covers with matching tank stripe, the Plot fork brace, Plot shiny chain guard and I'm finishing up on the Over Racing chrome engine guards. Pics when I can get it out in the sunshine.
 
I tightened my right mirror which blew loose this morning lol, and when I got back home, moved my shifter arm one tooth on the spline. For anyone interested that moved the shifter up 1 inch.

Dont know if I will like it yet, need to do an extended test ride :rolleyes:. Be back later lol
 
Did you have to adj the adj rod any after moving it one spline? I have thought about doing it due to when I wear boots. Bad to say but on standard bikes like the new CB I wear tinnie shoes. (Tennis shoes ) no flip flops lol
Michael
 
You beat me to the same question! I've been thinking about doing that, too, but was concerned about having to mess with that adjustment rod, too.
 
Lol papa. He will respond in a few. The old fart is putting around when he should be putting his high dollar JAPAN made gaiters on!! Lol :)
Michael
 
Today at 400 miles I cleaned rear wheel from grease and dust, WD40 on a rag does wonders. I inspected the chain and it seems to me on a loose side so some small adjustment is on order tomorrow.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Did you have to adj the adj rod any after moving it one spline? I have thought about doing it due to when I wear boots. Bad to say but on standard bikes like the new CB I wear tinnie shoes. (Tennis shoes ) no flip flops lol
Michael

I'm not sure I like it. Plenty of room for boots which I wear 100% of time, but I would think it would be too high for tinnies. Almost too much room for my boot. I tried doing the rod first, but those nuts were TIGHT, so I skipped and adjusted the arm. Probably an adjustment of the rod would be better. I rode about 50 miles with it adjusted and at times I said to myself " nice", at other times I said " nope, too high".
Jury is till out?
 
Do you have line wrenches ? I think there 10mm you sure don't want them to slip! Also one nut maybe left handed threads. I think about a 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch would be plenty not 1inch move
 
Spent about 8hrs undoing everthing I did over the last year.
I had forgotten how nice the stock red is and how sporty the '13 tank looks compared to mine or the '14's tanks.
 
I lubed the chain, washed it, then went for a 65 mile ride. First time on it since May 26. I will know in the morning if my surgically repaired knee passed this small test.
 
Back
Top