What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

How a bike looks is important. This forum wouldn’t exist if that were not the case, because this bike wouldn’t exist. My wife’s Triumph has cooling fins on the block because it adds to the motorcycle “look”. E-motorcycles may be trying to establish their own aesthetic and that’s fine, but I’m with pdesde that I’d be more inclined to buy one that looked a little more traditional.
 
alprider said:
I'm flexible in my thinking...classic forms are beautiful, but I'm also open to new/different things.... ;)

Fair enough.  Form vs. function is an age old consideration.
 
LiveWire didn't do a bad job trying to integrate the battery into the bike as an aesthetic.

Too bad nobody cared about the LiveWire S2, and their site is selling '24 models at a discount.

Alp, that looks like it was an awesome time!

And what did I do with my other bikes? Busy weekend, but I got in a quick ride on Super Bird to the coast and back to enjoy the sunset yesterday while Mrs. was tending to her plants.

Also freaked out the neighbor kid when I got home on Friday on my delivery bike...
We love the young family across the alley from us. Our garage door is across from theirs, and after work, they're usually in the cul-de-sac with their little boy, Mateo. He's in that "curious about everything" stage. He loves the trash truck, for example. When he hears it coming, they take him out and he watches excitedly as it swallows the contents of the four dumpsters on our block. He waves and the truck driver honks at him as he rounds the end of the block and trundles away.

If he's out when I get home, he likes to wait until I park the bike and take off my helmet, and says hello and shows off whatever he's doing. "Look, I can kick a soccer ball!" On Friday, he said "You want to see something cool?" I said "Of course, Mateo!" He proceeded to show me how he can make big bubbles by swirling his bubble wand through the air.

I said "Wow, that's neat! Do you want to see something cool?" He said yes and jumped up and down with anticipation. I had just returned from a delivery of frozen lab samples, so I dumped the dry ice pellets from my carry box onto the driveway and hosed them down. At first, it seemed like a fun thing to do.

The ensuing fog bank that engulfed the cul-de-sac terrified poor little Mateo and I had to carefully explain that monsters weren't about to come out of the fog to eat him.
 

Attachments

  • Livewire-S2-Del-Mar-Launch-Edition-main.webp
    Livewire-S2-Del-Mar-Launch-Edition-main.webp
    219.5 KB · Views: 108
I have been working on an electric-motorcycle post for almost a month. It still remains too much of a rant to post in its current form, but I will eventually get it to mature, adult level, or at least responsible teenager.

For now, be advised that I believe the Forum’s Lunchbag managed to get it right for the proper use case and appearance for a motorcycle with an electric drive train. See picture and referenced link for more details:

Beautiful Conversion of a Royal Enfield

Have a great week. David
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0126.webp
    IMG_0126.webp
    180 KB · Views: 91
Thread starter
I could not have told you WHAT the battery looked like on the Zero S I rode a couple of years ago. Had to go back and look at the pic. Overall I don't think the bike looks too bad

rzMIcQE.jpg


Certainly their SRS sport bike model with fairing hides it pretty well. Overall I think their S line and DS line are not altogether unattractive

Zero Motorcycles SR/S - Electric Motorcycle Company | Zero Motorcycles

If only the price was about 1/2!
 
My preference would be a full-faired version, like the K-model BMWs, rather than the industrial looking bikes with a black slab engine showing. I think the market will sort this out fairly quickly. I won't be surprised if the Japanese are the first with a winner.
 
Got home from work and had a list of errands to run. I hadn't practiced my aim in a while, so I worked in a stop at the target range. The range is near our two biggest sporting venues, the Honda Center, where the Anaheim Ducks play, and Angels Stadium. 

I'm going to pick up my CB1100 from Mom's this weekend, so I figured I'd scope out the best picture taking spots for both locations. The Honda Center and The Big A are not next door to each other, but they're close by, connected by a road that runs under the 57 Freeway that separates them. They're building a massive entertainment and parking complex next to the Honda Center called OC Vibe, which necessitated a remodel of the Honda Center's facade. It's a bit torn up but still operating, but with construction fencing all around it, taking a clear picture of the Honda Center is quite difficult. I nabbed this shot by parking briefly on a bike trail over the Santa Ana River.

When the area is complete, I imagine it will emulate LA Live, which is a big complex of theaters, restaurants and other entertainment places that connect the LA Convention Center and Crypto Center, where the Lakers and Kings play. 

I swung around the freeway to get a picture of The Big A, but they were gearing up for an evening Angels game, so parking attendents were at every entrance, and I couldn't get a close shot.
 

Attachments

  • 10c244fa-641b-482c-9e40-c50dc72a9b9e.webp
    10c244fa-641b-482c-9e40-c50dc72a9b9e.webp
    83.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 2df573b7-35d1-46da-9413-d6a38f38f9c2.webp
    2df573b7-35d1-46da-9413-d6a38f38f9c2.webp
    75.5 KB · Views: 59
ca 500km and any passstreets[attachment=1881][attachment=1882][attachment=1883][attachment=1884][attachment=1885][attachment=1886][attachment=1887]
 

Attachments

  • gb7.webp
    gb7.webp
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • gb6.webp
    gb6.webp
    603.3 KB · Views: 47
  • gb4.webp
    gb4.webp
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • gb3.webp
    gb3.webp
    923.5 KB · Views: 47
  • gb2.webp
    gb2.webp
    813.6 KB · Views: 47
  • gb1.webp
    gb1.webp
    686.2 KB · Views: 48
  • gb.webp
    gb.webp
    795.7 KB · Views: 51
Job Perk:
The only thing Mrs. G said she wants for her birthday is two pints of "bay leaf lavender cheese cake" ice cream from Jenni's.
"Bay leaf lavender cheese cake" is a limited-time flavor, and the nearest location is an hour away from home in Highland Park, north of Downtown L.A.

I finished my deliveries for the day and had a half a tank of gas and a cooler full of dry ice.

Job done.
 
Cormanus said:
Many happy returns to Mrs Gone.

Thank you, sir! I buried the ice cream beneath some other things in the freezer. She hasn't found it yet.
 
I've never mounted a phone on my handlebars, prefering to keep the dash area clean, and holding a philosophy of "I don't need to stare at a phone all of the time, especially when I'm riding."

However, I do have a big Carpuride CarPlay screen on all of the work bikes. All of our deliveries use Waze for navigation, and the system sends our location and ETA information to the dispatcher and the delivery recipient so they know where we are and when we'll arrive at all times. I've gotten to really like having Waze up on the screen while I'm riding for traffic updates, "police ahead" warnings, and to monitor my ETA to make sure I'm keeping to my schedule.

Since Super Bird is my go-to bike for errands and commuting to the museum, I decided to break precedent and pick up a cheap $45, 5" CarPlay screen from Amazon. I mounted it to a GPS bar over my dash so that it's in view and doesn't require glancing down to view. I kit-bashed a low-profile mount for it using the parts that came with the kit so it looks neat and tidy. It tucks behind the Givi windshield very well.

Now, when Mrs. G says "When will you get home" or Mom says "When are you getting here", I'll have a more accurate answer.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8248.webp
    IMG_8248.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 17
I took matters into my own hands! I still don't have the decal kit for the bike I've been riding, so other than the "blood box" on the back, it's still a black-and-white unmarked bike. I'm starting to get the stink eye from security staff at some of the hospitals when I leave it parked in the loading area and the wait time gets a bit long.

I had to swing by the boss' place to check on the rest of the fleet. He's got a roll of neon yellow vinyl to cover the boxes, so I stole some, cut it to the rough shape of the black side cases, and made my own "official courier" livery. That'll keep 'em off my back.
 

Attachments

  • 41e70271-dc95-4d3d-b057-320f5fe48ff3.webp
    41e70271-dc95-4d3d-b057-320f5fe48ff3.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 10
It's amazing how the right "look" can give you access. I once talked with a videographer who worked for a local news company. He always wore pants of that same neon color. He said with those pants he could get access everywhere he went.

So true. Many years ago I was a private investigator, mainly working on workers comp fraud cases. I spent a lot of time snooping around construction sites. It's amazing how far you can get with a yellow vest, a clip board and a hard hat that says "INSPECTOR" on it.

Adding the extra flash to this bike also gives us a little company branding, and breaks up the cop look a little more.
 
I had a double "other bike" day. I pulled all of the CBs out of the garage to dust them off. The CB750 hadn't been out for a ride in a while, so we had a nice 70 mile ride east of town. After getting back, I took the 1000F out for some highway miles to do fine adjustments on the windshield height. Desert temps were in the mid 80s (finally) and it was near perfect. Tomorrow will be the CB1100's turn.

3Amigos_copy_1320x990.webp
 
Back
Top