What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

Cormanus said:
You'd think they'd let a blood bike squeeze through there.

This ride is still black and white, not marked as a blood bike. Looking at the scene, it was sort of surreal to see two aerial trucks showering a wall of water on the burning wreck. The wall of water looked sort of enticing, and I imagined riding through it as I sat on the tarmac at 104 degrees. 

As it was, they ran a street sweeper truck over the area for ten minutes before they reopened the freeway, so even if I was able to ride through the shower, I'd probably get a flat tire from the debris.


Nachodaddy said:
Be glad you aren't in the Phoenix metro area. We set a new record yesterday at 117. 
But don't worry - it cooled off to 94 overnight. 
:P

Yeah, no. I glanced (I mean winced) at the news last night. Every city I rode through yesterday set an all-time heat record. I was marveling that Van Nuys was still 107 at 6:30 pm when I made my last delivery. Guess I was happy that it cooled to a balmy 104 for the freeway shutdown that lasted till 7:30.
 
So, seeing as how the CB1100 community is so tight, I have to think that whoever’s bike I saw at the Petersen yesterday must be a forum member.

Anyone here go to the museum yesterday?
 
....but that great white is coming out of the water, Gone  ;)


vMY7aQR.jpg
 
MagnaRider said:
Appreciate the new avatar Gone

I cropped it from a t-shirt design that came up in my FB feed. I love that scene from Jaws.... "Slow ahead? I can go slow ahead. Why don't you come down here and chum some of this $#%T."
 
Nachodaddy said:
Be glad you aren't in the Phoenix metro area. We set a new record yesterday at 117. 
But don't worry - it cooled off to 94 overnight. 
:P

Yuk!
 
One more ride and I'll have over 13,000 kms for  the year.
That littlke Kawi is really busy.
Last time I was in the garage, the DLX was making a sort of purring noise..may take it for a 500-mile ride next week
 
Cormanus said:
Nachodaddy said:
Be glad you aren't in the Phoenix metro area. We set a new record yesterday at 117. 
But don't worry - it cooled off to 94 overnight. 
:P

Yuk!

We're getting the tail end of a monsoon somewhere. Today was consistent everywhere - the coast, the valley, the desert - mid 90s and very muggy. 
Bleh. Mrs. G just scared the crap out of me. We're very frugal when it comes to household spending. We keep the thermostat at 84 in the summer to keep AC use to a minimum. I've been in the (sweltering) garage this afternoon changing fluids and putting the adult-sounding horn on #6 when she stormed into the garage and said "Try to guess what our electric bill is this month?!!" To which I said I had no idea.
"$742. That's what." I was astonished. We live in a two-bedroom condo. How was that possible? The AC has been coming on quite a bit more than normal, especially with both of us home when we're not on-site somewhere.

Once I finished up and headed into the house, planning to look at our power usage on the Edison website, Mrs. sheepishly said she was sorry for scaring me. "I read it wrong. $742 is the monthly average for our area. Ours is $88."
Whew.
 
Phew! $742 would have stopped my heart. Especially with the thermostat at 84. I keep ours at 80 and I thought that was high. It is amazing what you can get used to. Maybe I'll bump ours up to 82.
 
Yeah... I was covered in oil and brake fluid when she told me, and couldn't get clean fast enough to get on the Edison website to see what the F was going on when she said she'd read the wrong part of the bill. We have a lot of large properties in our neighborhood that bring the "area average" up, many with huge houses, horse stables, tennis courts, etc, so I'd hate to think of what those guys are paying for AC right now. But if you had all of that, the cost of your electric bill probably isn't much of a concern.
 
Rode Superbird to the museum yesterday. It was still sweltering, I didn't have anything pressing to do, and Mrs. G wanted to garden all day. It was my recently departed friend's shift, which needed to be covered, and I figured what better way to spend a lazy, hot Saturday than in an air conditioned building.

I was hoping to get a picture of the newest mural in Orange County at "OC Vibe", a new gargantuan event space and parking garage being built in Anaheim between the Honda Center, where the Ducks play, and Anaheim Stadium, where the Angels play. Directly across the street is a large, cocoon-shaped bus and train hub called ARTIC (forget why), so they want to make the whole area a nexus of entertainment. I spotted a huge mural on the side of the new parking structure a few days ago. But, when I got close yesterday to take a picture, I saw that there was an event going on, so local PD was directing traffic into the parking area, and I wouldn't be able to stop to snap the mural. Oh well, another time.

Took my side cases, because like Pdedse, one of my directives was to make a grocery run on my way back. But, Mrs. G didn't seem to text me the shopping list, and I forgot to remind her. So, I took my luggage for a ride.

Came out of the museum at 4:00 and was wincing for the heat, but it wasn't too toasty. Seems the high pressure bubble had broken, and temps were somewhat tolerable. Got home to the question of why didn't I stop at the store, as Mrs. swore she sent me the shopping list. However, she had sent it to my "bike phone", which is attached to the work Beemer. Not my fault, right? Guess what I'm doing today...
 
Since I never brought my CB1100 home from Mom's this month, I figured I'd at least get some mural pics with one of my other bikes. 

It's Labor Day sale time at Revzilla, and I had some Zilla Bucks burning a hole in my computer. I'd never downsized my riding jeans from my weight loss a bit over a year ago and have just been cinching up my belt. So, figured I'd grab a deal on some sale jeans. Since the Revzilla store is in Newport Beach, I figured I'd ride down the coast to Laguna Beach, then head inward to hit Costco for those groceries I didn't pick up on Saturday.

Pacific Coast Highway is what I call the "Peacock Run" with everyone with a Harley, Ducati, Corvette or exotic car preening for attention through Newport Beach, Corona del Mar, Crystal Cove and Laguna Beach. Why not join the crowd with my low-budget Royal Enfield. The heat had broken a bit from "ridiculous" to "tolerable", which made for a nice ride.

Grabbed this cool surfing mural on the side of a building in Corona del Mar, across from a drug store. Swinging up through Laguna Canyon after I left the coast there, this mural caught my eye as well. Oddly, it graces the storage lot for a body repair shop, so damaged cars make the foreground.
 

Attachments

  • c99bacd5-4d7b-40f9-a83c-5a6cf480f723.webp
    c99bacd5-4d7b-40f9-a83c-5a6cf480f723.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 39
  • e9372dd0-ed0d-4f18-b8a9-17567c003d31.webp
    e9372dd0-ed0d-4f18-b8a9-17567c003d31.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top