What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

Thread starter
Day 238 ....A run to Ribbers and the Mural Wall in Portsmouth Ohio....174 miles @ 65 degrees and sunny



PQLxA5y.jpg




5dxomoE.jpg




fgNRiwi.jpg




GOP3FOc.jpg
 
The Harvest Moon was even more cool looking on Tuesday night. 
I wasn't on my CB1100 however.

[attachment=810]


Mrs. G is currently in Japan. When she travels, she likes to send me pictures of motorcycles from wherever she is.
These Honda police bikes in Yokohama look very interesting.

[attachment=812]
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_IMG_5676.webp
    thumbnail_IMG_5676.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 499c8a38-fffd-4285-a835-737321658342.webp
    499c8a38-fffd-4285-a835-737321658342.webp
    234.1 KB · Views: 30
Ferret, love that wall.

Gone, I wonder what the platform the police bike has used? I hope Mrs Gone enjoys Japan.
 
For my Z650RS, I  ordered Koso Apollo heated grips with build in switch and 5 temp settings indicated by multi-color LED... cuz during today 105 mile trip my hands got cold.
Looks very similar to CB's OEM??

The final installation with pics is here;
The CB1100 Community Forum
 
Recently I was overcome with a compelling need to go sleep in the forest. Not too far from the highway at my destination was a beautiful clearing with spruce, fir and aspen. The latter of which was in full display of it's fall splendor.
z0hdXvN.jpg



These two were spaced a bit close, but otherwise worked just fine to put up a hammock.
fzccizh.jpg


They were however a bit young and jostled about in the wind storm that rushed in just before dark, making it very hard to get any sleep. At 2 AM, I decided I couldn't take it anymore and broke out the tent for what ended up being a very windy night with bull elk bugelling all night long not too far away. This was taken in the morning before breaking down.
eMpwaxl.jpg


The ride home was perfect though. Sun, calm skies with no wind or rain. Just a beautiful drive through hills peppered with turning aspen groves and a few lakes to compliment the fluffy clouded skies.
IQSTPHD.jpg
 
Thread starter
Beautiful pics Whoops. Man, falling asleep to elk bugling music. What an erie great sound. Doesnt get any better than that.
 
I can't recall if I posted about my new to me BMW F700GS; I picked up a BMW F700GS.
It has been fun and very easy to work on, which is good because I have had to do a lot of maintenance stuff and a bit of gremlin chasing. But it is going fine now and I look forward to putting on some miles. 
That said, I am still enjoying the Honda. A couple of friends and I rode down to Alabama for the Barber Vintage Bike Weekend and the 1100 was flawless, as always. If the seat was just a little less... insert some moderately foul language here. I only saw one other CB1100 on the grounds among 50,000 or so bikes. I shoulda looked at the plate but we were moving fast. If it was you, "Howdy!"
Anyhow, today I snuck in some miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville up to Mt. Mitchell. The weather here is unbelievable. I should have taken photos but again, I was moving fast.  :D
 
Haven't heard about the BMW, Bob. Well done.
 
Whoops said:
These two were spaced a bit close, but otherwise worked just fine to put up a hammock.
... At 2 AM, I decided I couldn't take it anymore and broke out the tent for what ended up being a very windy night with bull elk bugelling all night long not too far away. 

Gorgeous photos, Whoops.  But the plan was to hammock-camp, right?  What's the brand of hammock that you use?  Looks like it has an integrated rain-fly / mosquito netting.  Mine is made by Bear Butt, a company I think is out of Utah.  But my rain-fly is not part of the hammock, it hangs independently--haven't had to use it yet. 

It's kinda hard to leave the tent at home as one is limited as to where with just the hammock.  I've hammocked 4 nights and overall I sleep just as well as I do in a tent. 

Despite the windy conditions, it still looks like you had a great trip.


Inhouse Bob said:
I can't recall if I posted about my new to me BMW F700GS; I picked up a BMW F700GS.
It has been fun and very easy to work on, which is good because I have had to do a lot of maintenance stuff and a bit of gremlin chasing. But it is going fine now and I look forward to putting on some miles. 
That said, I am still enjoying the Honda. A couple of friends and I rode down to Alabama for the Barber Vintage Bike Weekend and the 1100 was flawless, as always. If the seat was just a little less... insert some moderately foul language here. I only saw one other CB1100 on the grounds among 50,000 or so bikes. I shoulda looked at the plate but we were moving fast. If it was you, "Howdy!"
Anyhow, today I snuck in some miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville up to Mt. Mitchell. The weather here is unbelievable. I should have taken photos but again, I was moving fast.  :D

Congrats!  Got to ride one from Portland to Los Angeles last fall (to visit Gone in 60).  Very capable bike, no complaints!
 
the Ferret said:
Beautiful pics Whoops. Man, falling asleep to elk bugling music. What an erie great sound. Doesnt get any better than that.


It was super erie. At first it sounded like a small child screamed and I'll admit, it's been a long time since I was nervous in the woods. Then after it happened again it was obviously an elk. I have never heard them in the middle of the night like that before.


pdedse said:
Gorgeous photos, Whoops.  But the plan was to hammock-camp, right?  What's the brand of hammock that you use?  Looks like it has an integrated rain-fly / mosquito netting.  Mine is made by Bear Butt, a company I think is out of Utah.  But my rain-fly is not part of the hammock, it hangs independently--haven't had to use it yet. 

It's kinda hard to leave the tent at home as one is limited as to where with just the hammock.  I've hammocked 4 nights and overall I sleep just as well as I do in a tent. 

Despite the windy conditions, it still looks like you had a great trip.


It's just a cheap 12' OneWind from Amazon.I have camped since I was a cub scout and this is the first season I have ever tried hammock camping. There's a lot to figure out, what with angles, knowing knots, etc. I am not remotely adept at it yet and as a result, will have my tent with me just in case. Also, I live in a desert where a lot of the trees are scrub and not suitable for hammocks. Not used to the movement yet for sure, but I am going to keep giving it a go. Feel free to come on down with the Suzuki and we'll trade back road tour guide for hammock instructor. :)
 
Thread starter
Does the hammock bunch your shoulders? I assume you have to sleep flat on your back?
 
Ha! Knew Pdedse had to weigh in on a hammock discussion! Man, Whoops and Bob are making me jealous with those awesome riding trips.
 
Whoops said:
It's just a cheap 12' OneWind from Amazon.I have camped since I was a cub scout and this is the first season I have ever tried hammock camping. There's a lot to figure out, what with angles, knowing knots, etc. I am not remotely adept at it yet and as a result, will have my tent with me just in case. Also, I live in a desert where a lot of the trees are scrub and not suitable for hammocks. Not used to the movement yet for sure, but I am going to keep giving it a go. Feel free to come on down with the Suzuki and we'll trade back road tour guide for hammock instructor. :)

You might check out Bearbutt: 

Bear Butt Hammocks - Two Person Hammock and Accessories

Very easy to set-up, no knot knowledge.  Throw a strap around a tree, strap has multiple loops and you simply insert one end of strap through one of the loops, and that end hangs down; the other end attaches to carabiner / hammock.  Do the same for the other end. There's some guess work involved regarding which loop, but you quickly get an idea and adjustmens are easy. 

Careful with the offers...I don't need much encouragement!  That trading tour guide for hammock instructor is a DEAL!  I would visit in a heartbeat.  Next spring or summer?  : )  But I'd drive out there with DR650 in the pickup.  Keep it in mind.


the Ferret said:
Does the hammock bunch your shoulders? I assume you have to sleep flat on your back?

Maybe a little, but I feel much more comfortable in the hammock than I do laying on the ground.  I can't speak for Whoops, but I actually lay on my side, all curled up.  It's a question of finding the right angle between 2 trees, too taught and it's too straight, too loose, and it doubles you up a bit.  But the hammock I use is super easy to adjust, literally 2-3 minutes to set up.  It does take a bit to get used to as a tent gives you a familiar feeling of walls and roof.


Gone in 60 said:
Ha! Knew Pdedse had to weigh in on a hammock discussion! Man, Whoops and Bob are making me jealous with those awesome riding trips.

It's a fun thing to feel, all Gilligan-like.  Truth be told, I never sleep great camping whether it be in a tent or hammock.  But I'm intrigued by the hammock idea because I don't need to blow-up mattresses, not tent setup...it's just so much quicker than a tent.  Another thing, to take a whiz in the middle of the night is easier.
 
Had to spin my red Z650RS which loves HIGH rpm ..
Maybe one day I’ll ride to US, meet m in sc and challenge his TZR…if he stays in a lower gear   :P
 
Rode the Enfield Interceptor to the museum this morning. Poking around in the workshop to see what was new, I admired this Honda classic getting a new front brake cable.

Afterwards I rode to the dealership in my area to demo a new V-Strom. Sitting in one in the showroom, I noticed a sale tag on the ‘79 CBX that’s been in their used section for quite a while. It’s marked down from $15k to $10k, and it’s pretty clean.

Then stopped by Costco to pick up a few things. Took a spot in the vast parking lot with everyone else. 

Twice in the store, two different people, noticing my riding jacket, commented “Hey, is that your Royal Enfield in the parking lot? What a cool bike!”

That was pretty neat.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5791.webp
    IMG_5791.webp
    79.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5795.webp
    IMG_5795.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 45
m in sc, 
* how many bikes in total do you have in your stable?
* how many running/road worthy?
* which first three you like best?


pdedse said:
..................  That CB750 photo is spectacular!

Absolutelly!!!
 
"16 total, ....... 15 are legal/ridden regular/road worthy. ............ i went thru a divorce ...... I kept everything . heck, i bought one at that time and a small truck........ i lost ...the morini ....... but thats coming back. (the bike .....)"

This is just amazing!!!!!
I never had more than two at the same time
 
Back
Top