peterbaron
Road warrior
pdedse, I'd like to know the DOT 4 digit production number of that failed tire..looks like this (far right)>>
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
. For the life of me, I can’t imagine taking the CB77 on long rides like when the bike and were young. However, one of the advantages of riding a vintage bike like my CB77, it makes me appreciate the smoothness, ease of shifting and stopping, etc. when I ride the CB1100.peterbaron said:pdedse, I'd like to know the DOT 4 digit production number of that failed tire...
Gone in 60 said:Bummer, Pdedse! Looks like an old tire. ...
pdedse said:peterbaron said:pdedse, I'd like to know the DOT 4 digit production number of that failed tire...
It's 1622. The tire is OEM from a 2023 bike that I bought in September of '22.
Failed tire has a history...I had a 5" spike puncture the tire last September.
![]()
It was a roadside repair, and if I remember right, a tire patch was used on the interior surface of the tire. New tube was used. As I changed the tube out yesterday, I could feel a divit where this nail penetrated the tire last year. I think over the last year the tire patch wore away and the tube finally worked its way into the crevice and got eaten up by the jaggedness of the divit. Here's a photo of the damaged tube from this time around:
![]()
Gone in 60 said:Bummer, Pdedse! Looks like an old tire. ...
It's got nearly 4k miles on it, which isn't bad I'm told by other DR650 owners.
peterbaron said:3+ years old. Not too old to crack ???

Cormanus said:I wish I could change that emoji pdedse. It was meant to be a different one. Fat fingers.

I’m peterbaron said:From now on, Gone is the forum's ARTIST![]()

peterbaron said:Gone, I don’t even know him and haven’t ever met him,,, this AI guy… what’s his ride??![]()
Cormanus said:So, do you still have a bike, Ollie?