What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

Thread starter
Look at the size of the machine used to drag that bucket

XmtBJYU.jpg
 
Thread starter
Cormanus said:
What happened to it?

It was eventually dismantled and only the bucket was saved
 
Thanks, Ferret. Shame it was pulled apart really.
 
Cormanus said:
Thanks, Ferret. Shame it was pulled apart really.

Shame it pulled apart that mountain, but yeah.


Got out for a couple of rides after all the spiffy maintenance stuff got done on the bike. It feels just a solid as before I started so that's nice.
First, Mark and I rode out to the tail of the Dragon to see what was parked in the lot. Lots of Harleys, of course, but also a young women on an Aprilia adventure bike. She rode like a pro.

The next day I headed into South Carolina and found the worst "paved" roads I have ever ridden. Unbelievable how bad they were. I eventually gave up and headed home. It's a shame because they were nice curvy things with no traffic and lovely views. Maybe I'll write a letter...
I stopped beside a stream for a glamour shot!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1408.webp
    IMG_1408.webp
    1 MB · Views: 27
Inhouse Bob said:
Cormanus said:
Thanks, Ferret. Shame it was pulled apart really.

Shame it pulled apart that mountain, but yeah.





That is indeed true, IHB, and I accept that was the greater evil. However, this once, I'm going to stick with admiring that little bit of man's ingenuity. It's all we've got, really. We (humanity) have failed to learn any important lesson since we emerged from the swamp.
 
Cormanus said:
Inhouse Bob said:
Cormanus said:
Thanks, Ferret. Shame it was pulled apart really.

Shame it pulled apart that mountain, but yeah.





That is indeed true, IHB, and I accept that was the greater evil. However, this once, I'm going to stick with admiring that little bit of man's ingenuity. It's all we've got, really. We (humanity) have failed to learn any important lesson since we emerged from the swamp.



It IS a really cool shovel!
 
Spent part of Sunday afternoon doing the 6000 mile valve check on the Enfield 650. Simple task with screw adjusters and a cap that unscrews from the side cover to easily rotate the engine. 

So easy Mrs. G brought lunch down to the garage and I finished the job with a sandwich in one hand. Three intake valves were just loose enough that I gave them a quarter turn so that I could say I did something. 

Our neighbor across the street, Emmett, is probably six or seven and is just learning to ride a bike. His Dad was in the cul-de-sac watching him pedal around. 

Emmett is going through a phase where he observes and comments on just about everything he sees. He noticed that “One of your cars is missing! Is it ok?” I explained that I moved it and parked it down the street so I would have more room in the to work on my motorcycle.

He looked at the Enfield, which he has seen many times. With the seat and tank off, he noticed how different it looked and asked me if it was ok. I assured him it would be fine, and when I was done working, I waved him over to see it all back together then started it up so he could hear that it was back to normal.
 
Gone in 60 said:
... 
Our neighbor across the street, Emmett, is probably six or seven and is just learning to ride a bike. His Dad was in the cul-de-sac watching him pedal around. 

Emmett is going through a phase where he observes and comments on just about everything he sees. He noticed that “One of your cars is missing! Is it ok?” I explained that I moved it and parked it down the street so I would have more room in the to work on my motorcycle.

He looked at the Enfield, which he has seen many times. With the seat and tank off, he noticed how different it looked and asked me if it was ok. I assured him it would be fine, and when I was done working, I waved him over to see it all back together then started it up so he could hear that it was back to normal.

I'd imagine at some point in the dinner conversation at the Emmett residence the question of when he could buy a motorcycle arose.
 
pdedse said:
I'd imagine at some point in the dinner conversation at the Emmett residence the question of when he could buy a motorcycle arose.

Funny thing is, his Dad sold his 599 Hornet when Emmett was born. When his training wheels come off, he’ll be a neighborhood terror!
 
Such a great thing for a child! Learning to ride a bike. There's the speed and, more important, the independence. Go Emmett!
 
pdedse said:
Gone in 60 said:
... 
Our neighbor across the street, Emmett, is probably six or seven and is just learning to ride a bike. His Dad was in the cul-de-sac watching him pedal around. 

Emmett is going through a phase where he observes and comments on just about everything he sees. He noticed that “One of your cars is missing! Is it ok?” I explained that I moved it and parked it down the street so I would have more room in the to work on my motorcycle.

He looked at the Enfield, which he has seen many times. With the seat and tank off, he noticed how different it looked and asked me if it was ok. I assured him it would be fine, and when I was done working, I waved him over to see it all back together then started it up so he could hear that it was back to normal.

I'd imagine at some point in the dinner conversation at the Emmett residence the question of when he could buy a motorcycle arose.

Beautiful story and moment for Emmett. He will most likely remember it forever. You are a good man, G.
 
rdprdp01 said:
Beautiful story and moment for Emmett. He will most likely remember it forever. You are a good man, G.

Aww thanks! Full disclosure… they did bring me cookies while I was working on the Enfield. That might have softened up my normally crusty demeanor a bit…
 
Nachodaddy said:
Careful, Gone. Now that he knows you are such a pushover for cookies, he'll have one of your bikes for a bag of cookies.

Ha! He’ll need cookies and a copious amount of vodka for that to happen.
 
Gone in 60 said:
Nachodaddy said:
Careful, Gone. Now that he knows you are such a pushover for cookies, he'll have one of your bikes for a bag of cookies.

Ha! He’ll need cookies and a copious amount of vodka for that to happen.

This maybe like that movie "The Fastest Indian." You'll have him mowing your lawn!
 
Inhouse Bob said:
This maybe like that movie "The Fastest Indian." You'll have him mowing your lawn!

That is a capital idea! I'll keep that in mind...
 
Back
Top