What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

How many's that m in sc?
 
[quote="m in sc" pid='269512' dateline='1751883871']
bikes i own? thats #15

I really should sell a few.
[/QUOTE]

Wow!! You have more inventory than some dealers!!! :)
 
So, what you're saying is, we can all bring our bikes to M in SC for expert service and repairs right?


What I did on my Thruxton RS just yesterday was bring it home! The poor girl was exploring Tennessee and encounted a road with -- get this -- an ALGAE patch on it. Of all the things I never expected to slip and fall on, literal green algae has got to be the number one most unexpected thing. I saw the wet spot in the road and stopped the group I was riding with, figuring it might be kind of sketchy, and when I attempted to gently coast across the area, the bike went right out from under me like a bar of soap! I didn't realize what was really on the road until I got up from the fall. Some extensive cosmetic damage was done to the right side of the bike, but after a trip to the dealer and a simple insurance claim with, thankfully, no deductible, she's perfect again. You'd never know anything happened.

Rest assured....that road is NOT ON THE ITINERARY FOR AUGUST.
 
Thread starter
Glad you weren't hurt Mr P.
 
Owch! Algae isn't something I plan for. Glad you and the bike are in one piece!
 
Ouch! Glad you're okay, and well done for stopping and proceeding so carefully. Could have been oh-so-ugly otherwise.
 
alprider said:
on the way to the night shift

There is something truly majestic and beautiful about a wheat field.Your motorcycle fits in nicely. I guess the country boy in me is ready to go home.
 
Thread starter
rickcb said:
3rd_Gear_Steve (on his CB1100), SneakyFast (on her CBR500R) and me (on my NC750X) rode a 200 mile loop to southeast Ohio, stopping for a photo at the Big Muskie Bucket.

I was just up there on my NC a couple of weeks ago

xNF6lu2.jpg
 
Rode the Enfield to the office yesterday. Tried to game the fuel consumption to end up back at home with as empty a tank as possible. She just rolled 6000 miles, so it's time for a valve check. Simple task with screw lash adjusters, but an empty tank is a light tank.

This ain't no Honda, so I will keep up with the valve check schedule, even though she's running sweet. With the front sprocket change, 70-75 mph seems like a happy spot for this plucky little bike.
 
the Ferret said:
rickcb said:
3rd_Gear_Steve (on his CB1100), SneakyFast (on her CBR500R) and me (on my NC750X) rode a 200 mile loop to southeast Ohio, stopping for a photo at the Big Muskie Bucket.

I was just up there on my NC a couple of weeks ago

xNF6lu2.jpg
This reminds me of a punch-line to a joke that goes, "But did you see the JAWS on that thing?" 
Can't remember the rest of the joke though. Probably best.
 
Back
Top