What did you do on or to your other bike part 2

Thread starter
Frenchie said:
Yep, left around 6 am and came back home around noon. My app says 5h27min riding time, 6h35min total. I don't think I stopped for an hour in total, even though I had to fill the tank twice (+ two times when I ran out of gas as I was testing how long I can ride on the reserve) and took some photos.
95 mpg, less than expected, but hey it was in the mountains and I was at top speed a lot. I'm surprised by your 81 mpg. I filmed some parts of the ride, maybe I'll post on YouTube at some point.

I average around 75 mpg normally. No interstate riding on this tank, just country back roads

heck I average close to 60 mpg on my CB 1100
 
traveling with colleagues, including in border France 

[attachment=337][attachment=338][attachment=339][attachment=340][attachment=341][attachment=342]
 

Attachments

  • doubs1usa.webp
    doubs1usa.webp
    169.6 KB · Views: 53
  • doubs6usa.webp
    doubs6usa.webp
    228.2 KB · Views: 52
  • doubs5usa.webp
    doubs5usa.webp
    305.1 KB · Views: 53
  • doubs4usa.webp
    doubs4usa.webp
    188.5 KB · Views: 52
  • doubs3usa.webp
    doubs3usa.webp
    164.3 KB · Views: 53
  • doubs2usa.webp
    doubs2usa.webp
    154.1 KB · Views: 53
Well done, Gone. I've run out of superlatives for alprider's views.
 
bought back my first bike i bought new and it sat for a while so no i plan on a restore 

Video on my Instagram before

another

when it was new the day i got it home # 517 in the usa a Italion Honda 

2AKnceO.jpeg


in rapid city south dakota with a guy from the 599 forum that no longer exist his handle was sundog i have never gotten back in touch with him he was on a cross country with his 2004 599 and thats my 2006 

rYVBtgR.jpeg



this is when i swapped a cbr 900rr rear wheel and a highly sought after cbr600rrf3 front wheel 
lOmxN88.jpeg


this was right before i sold it to my brother who parked it for 4 years in a shed to let it become one with the earth i put 70k miles on it and took extreme care with it all for it to go to waste from neglect but at least i have it back and will be getting it back to its former glory 

KBkYUTk.jpeg


this is buffalo WY
7IJJzpp.jpeg


UBDGKPN.jpeg
 
When I saw an Enfield 350 Chrome Classic today on my ride, I parked my EFI 500 in front of it and photographed both. Two of a kind but different in power, outlook and the way the engine is build. I prefer my older one for some reasons.

[attachment=361]
 

Attachments

  • 20250701_193917_copy_2016x1512.webp
    20250701_193917_copy_2016x1512.webp
    670.4 KB · Views: 37
1973cb750 said:
bought back my first bike i bought new and it sat for a while so no i plan on a restore 

Video on my Instagram before

another

when it was new the day i got it home # 517 in the usa a Italion Honda 

2AKnceO.jpeg


in rapid city south dakota with a guy from the 599 forum that no longer exist his handle was sundog i have never gotten back in touch with him he was on a cross country with his 2004 599 and thats my 2006 


Nice bike! I coulda bought one... my neighbor across the street had a perfect 599 in his garage. He only rode it a few times after he moved in, but hung up his helmet when they were expecting kids. It languished tucked away in his garage for a while. I was going to make an offer, but I figured he'd see it every day in my garage, and that might not be too cool. When he put it up for sale, I mentioned that sentiment and he said he appreciated it, as he'd be a bit jealous.
 
What did I do today? Apologized profusely to my Triumph after leaving it in fourth accidentally for about 20 miles at highway speed.

Downshifted to squeeze between two slow trucks, then forgot to upshift for some absent-minded reason.

She’s ok, but I feel bad.
 
Gone in 60 said:
What did I do today? Apologized profusely to my Triumph after leaving it in fourth accidentally for about 20 miles at highway speed.

Downshifted to squeeze between two slow trucks, then forgot to upshift for some absent-minded reason.

She’s ok, but I feel bad.

almost like the time i down shifted right into the limiter lol
 
I've done that to my CB, Gone in 60. She doesn't seem to mind too much.
 
Me to Gone. One of my favorite sayings is "You bought the whole tachometer, might as well use it all!"
As long as you're not sitting at redline for 20 miles I don't think it hurts anything. If it did the redline would be much lower lol
 
Detailed the Triumph when I got home to make her happy. Where I park, I can put my bike under a carport out of the sun, but it gets very windy in the afternoon. I don't cover it, because the first few times that I did, I came out to the cover just whipping around and beating up the bike. So, she gets a bit dusty. I have to remember that one commute trip equals a full week of commuting at my last job, so the amount of dust, bugs etc they get in one day is about the same as they'd accumulate over a week at my last place.

I do miss being able to park inside my shop at my last job, though. :(
 
Another 8 hours in the saddle of the Monkey today. Originally planned to do the Winding Stair Gap Rd/ FSR28 (Forest Service Road) from Nimblewill, GA to Suches. Because of trees down the main road and me being new to that, I ended up on a portion of the Appalachian Trail... and it was quite a nightmare. Had to carry the bike on my own above other trees down and couldn't go back. Took me 45 minutes to go through the first tree. It was exhausting. Lesson learned. On another note, the Monkey was very comfortable on the gravel road, much better than expected. I was so glad to get back on asphalt later on.

[attachment=368][attachment=369]
[attachment=370][attachment=371]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2053.webp
    IMG_2053.webp
    123.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2058.webp
    IMG_2058.webp
    131.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2062.webp
    IMG_2062.webp
    112.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2066.webp
    IMG_2066.webp
    88.2 KB · Views: 54
Yikes, Frenchie. You wouldn't have wanted to be on a CB1100!
 
Back
Top