What bike would you most like for touring?

That would be a dandy, that's for sure.
 
That is a sweet looking bike. I think I could downsize from a Goldwing if that was available in the US.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I want a cb1300 more than just about any bike on earth, but as a generalist living bike. For pure touring, I think I'd want a FJR1300. I think there's probably nothing else in the world with the comfort and agility of that bike. A goldwing would be more comfortable, an h2sx would be more agile. But only the FJR has both
 
That CB1300 is a fine looking bike, I'd love one, not available in Ireland or the UK anymore, they were available for 10 years up until 2013.
 
BMW K1600 is what I’d like. But I’d buy the non DCT Goldwing.

Keeping my ST1300 though :)
 
I'd like to try a Wing. But for hard core touring I can't go by myself so it's the F150. :)
 
Roper_imp said:
Here's mine. The CB1300 Super Bol D'or. I wish we could get it in the states.
+1......and in Canada!
Naked has a nicer look with a round h/lamp, imho

 
Actually Honda CB1300 Super Touring exists as an option in Japan, so you don't have to look far to see what's it would look like (pic attached). motorcycle.goobike.com has a huge range of new and used bikes in Japan, so you can browse.

As far as I go, for highway touring it would definitely be a Goldwing, but for something more twisty I would get a VFR1200 or R1250RT. For Adventure touring that involves off-roading, I'd pick a big enduro and kit it out, DR650 or similar
e3ec9b99efc738779d47471840629e39.jpg
2380a5e18446973dbd874cf05cca6da2.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
For 2 up I've heard the gold wing is best for passenger.

But since my wife doesn't ride I bought what I thought would be the best sport touring.

After 27,000 miles I've only been unhappy at <1 mph....3 times LOL....it's top heavy :-(
 
An updated Honda ST 1300 with the same features that my FJR has..ie cruise, abs, TC, heated grips. 6 speed trans

My FJR is an awesome sport tourer, but I think my ST 1300 had better wind protection and was more comfortable but lacked the updating that Yamaha did with the FJR

9e0351ba00097d2a2acd3c473ca1cd91.jpg


3ef59f2084dcbf3e40b674fa1580b71d.jpg
 
Ferret, I ended up installing the MCcruise control on mine. Works great, but honestly, the bike should have had a factory CC.
 
The ferret_imp said:
An updated Honda ST 1300 with the same features that my FJR has..ie cruise, abs, TC, heated grips. 6 speed trans

My FJR is an awesome sport tourer, but I think my ST 1300 had better wind protection and was more comfortable but lacked the updating that Yamaha did with the FJR

9e0351ba00097d2a2acd3c473ca1cd91.jpg


3ef59f2084dcbf3e40b674fa1580b71d.jpg
Yes, it's undeniable that the FJR is one good looking bike.
 
I have a Triumph Tiger 1200 XCa - this bike has a great load capacity, an ultra-comfortable seat and superb White Power suspension (KTM owned). It is an accomplished bike for two up riding as long as good luggage choices are made. I can sit on this bike for a ten-hour day with its mesh technology seat which was a new design for 2018. The simple electronic damping makes for great on the fly adjustment for touring without being an overly complex system (It’s not active or even semi-active even though they tout it as so). You can back the damping way off for a carpet ride on smoother roads or turn it up to quite firm to control very heavy loads without it becoming a harsh. I do think you have got to have a 31" leg as a minimum though, this is not a bike to be on the balls of your feet, it is quite top heavy.

 
For “touring,” which I’d define as consecutive 500-700 mile days with or without a pillion (not on freeways or interstates), the RT is my choice:

c16dc7c399fc88b1705ce236bc735424.jpg


A Road King, Goldwing, FJR, C14, K16, etc., would do just as well and might be preferred by some. They’re all excellent bikes for this type of riding. It comes down to the features you value most.
 
Back
Top