Westfir to Cougar Dam

Man I like that last picture...would love to fly fish that....BTW, those Trans Alps look remarkably well maintained
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
Man I like that last picture...would love to fly fish that....BTW, those Trans Alps look remarkably well maintained
On that river above the dam it is fly fishing only I believe.
Five miles back up the road, where the pic of my bike is at the summit, You can pack into a series of three lakes called the Irma Bells that have Brook trout that was last planted over ten years ago. Apparently they have taken a hold because you can catch ten to fifteen inch fish out of them. I have packed in and caught several in the 12 inch range. It is a 2 mile hike to the first one though.
Those roads are well maintained. They can be slick with moss and pine needles.
Kevin
 
Oh man, combining motorcycling with fly fishing, I'm going into sensory overload. Good stuff.

Great photos by the way (and agreed on the Transalps), thanks for sharing!
 
Great pics. Love the look of the Vetter on your bike.
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
Oh man, combining motorcycling with fly fishing, I'm going into sensory overload. Good stuff.

Great photos by the way (and agreed on the Transalps), thanks for sharing!
Guth I have a take apart inflatable pontoon boat that I tied on my old Goldwing. I used the bike to haul it and my fishing gear up to Charlton lake up by Waldo lake.
A picture of a couple of Brook trout and a nice rainbow from that lake.

The lake itself.
[url=http://s694.photobucket.com/user/husky385/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/EEC66E6F-700C-43D8-9F26-80F16F0B7488.jpg.html]
Kevin
 
Great country, Kevin. That bit of road looks OK for a ride.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Great country, Kevin. That bit of road looks OK for a ride.

From the covered bridge to the dam is near 50 miles. Most of it has the lane separation strip.
In the dozen or so trips through there I haven't seen 1 deer or elk so that danger is minimal.
This time of year with it being damp the road has moss growing in it making the corners slick. Later this summer will allow faster riding. This is my comfort speed for picture taking on this road but can be ridden a lot faster if desired.



Kevin
 
Great pictures...and, like Guth, I would love to combine flyfishing with motorcycling. I may very well attempt this over the 4th of July weekend in SW Wisconsin, but it for sure won't be as pretty there as it is in these pictures. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thread starter
Sorry I just noticed that I got the starting point wrong. It was the North fork of the EAST fork of the Willamette river.

Also when I get some new tires I'll take you all up around the the Three Sisters mountains. Some ten thousand year old lava flows that look like they were done a week ago.
Kevin
 
Back
Top