went with the 2-bros

12cb96vfr_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Funny thing is I HATED the look at first, then I saw a mock up of a cafe'd out CB and it... well....worked!

stock = looks awful. lol can't stand it!!!!
chopped, modded, cafe'd = (can't believe I'm saying this) it looks....good!

so this weekend I get my new bars on, rear fender removed, the slip on, and some other odds and ends done. I'll post pics soon as I'm done!
* what I mean by stock is if the slip on is the only mod on the bike
 
12cb96, yeah, I can see the Two Bros working with the way you're going to set your bike up. Be sure to post up some pics when you get a chance.

I have a Two Bros on my Hawk and it sounds Saweeeet!
 
Thread starter
just got it put on - dude I'm surprised at how loud it is! it comes with a db killer and I'm gonna put it in.
12cb96vfr_imp said:
Funny thing is I HATED the look at first, then I saw a mock up of a cafe'd out CB and it... well....worked!

stock = looks awful. lol can't stand it!!!!
chopped, modded, cafe'd = (can't believe I'm saying this) it looks....good!

so this weekend I get my new bars on, rear fender removed, the slip on, and some other odds and ends done. I'll post pics soon as I'm done!
* what I mean by stock is if the slip on is the only mod on the bike
 
Yeah, Two Bros have that rep of being one of the louder exhausts out there; good thing it comes with that DB killer!

Let us know how it sounds when you get a chance.
 
The silver can looks much better than the photos of the C/F cans I've seen.

I'd be tempted to paint the headers and exhaust pipes with VHF hi-temp flat back or silver to get a consistent color from front to back. But, the 2Bros connector pipe might chage color with use and get a similar tint like the rest of the pipes.
 
That little tip barely made any difference on the FZ1 I had. You could try the P1x tip they sell ....its slightly quieter but personally I still hated it.
 
Thread starter
yeah i'm gonna do a sound clip tonight and upload it.

the mid-pipe already turned that goldish-brown color last night, I'm definately looking at something for the headers - I'm not a big fan of the brown/gold tint I think black would look so much better.
 
12cb96vfr_imp said:
yeah i'm gonna do a sound clip tonight and upload it.

the mid-pipe already turned that goldish-brown color last night, I'm definately looking at something for the headers - I'm not a big fan of the brown/gold tint I think black would look so much better.
Not only that, but the crappy rust colored spots that get all over the headers every time they get damp look like hell. I'm getting tired of Simichroming them every week. The Scotchbrite pad trick leaves them with a satin finish, but I don't like that much either.

I used the VHS paint on my VStrom's headers and it looked great for years. Touched it up once or twice along the way, but mostly it was just fine.
BTW: how much did you pay for the setup, and who did you buy from?
 
I found a dealer in Tampa that's offering 2Bros at 25% off. Seeing the aluminum kit on your bike, I decided to order one. I like loud pipes. There, I said it, I like loud pipes. Besides, loud pipes save lives. Just ask any Harley rider.

"They" say the exhaust adds 10 hp: did you notice a performance improvement?
 
My kit came in; put it on Saturday. The rain quit long enough for a test ride yesterday. I'm stoked. The bike now sounds like my TR-6 did with its glass-pack exhaust. A nice racy sound (not ridiculously loud like my VStrom was with 2Bros ), and a nice crackle on decel. The YooToob vids don't do the sound justice.


But most impressive is the performance bump. I've never felt "underwhelmed" by the bike, but now its even quicker. It pulls noticeably harder up the rev range.
 
ready for a pipe
there is a pipemasters 4 into 4 on you tube that looks and sounds great but she is a spendy date at a bit under 2k w shipping and you lose center stand
the staintune looks nice but seems like a small difference in sound for the big price tag
like the two brothers best so far, for price and sound , little uncertain on the aluminum can as far as looks go
you ever get a chance to record yours
anything you would do different in hindsight?
 
I'm looking at a slip-on for my CB now and am interested in the Titanium 2-bros. 12cb96vfr and Spaceman, can you post more pictures and videos of it on your bike? Are you riding with the baffles in or out? Thanks.
 
Back
Top