Welcome to the CB1100 Forum

David,
Thanks very much for providing your time and expertise in order to create this "safety blanket" for our beloved forum.
In the event that the access difficulties continue with the original forum and we migrate across to Version 2, I was wondering whether the inclusion of photos to posts will still be restricted in resolution in the same way as they are on Version one, or will higher res versions of photos be possible?
 
Thread starter
spechg said:
David,
  Thanks very much for providing your time and expertise in order to create this "safety blanket" for our beloved forum.
  In the event that the access difficulties continue with the original forum and we migrate across to Version 2, I was wondering whether the inclusion of photos to posts will still be restricted in resolution in the same way as they are on Version one, or will higher res versions of photos be possible?

I am setting up a more modern platform which includes high-resolution photos and up to 50 per thread. I will fund and manage additional storage when necessary. Pictures are impactful as are videos. We should visually document our experiences and give greater depth to the CB1100 world we all live in.
 
My first post on the new forum! Thank you for setting this up to replace the failing CB1100 original forum. Hope this place is as civil as the previous!
 
Thread starter
Pauley said:
My first post on the new forum!  Thank you for setting this up to replace the failing CB1100 original forum.  Hope this place is as civil as the previous!

It is as welcoming and positive as its predecessor. After all, it is the same Crew. Make yourself at home. David
 
I made it!  

I wasn't even aware that this new forum existed... As I don't check in that often.  

Hopefully with the better forum software, I'll be around more often.  

Thank you to rdprdp01 for making this possible. 


:biker:
 
Thread starter
Yata-Garasu said:
I made it!  

I wasn't even aware that this new forum existed... As I don't check in that often.  

Hopefully with the better forum software, I'll be around more often.  

Thank you to rdprdp01 for making this possible. 


:biker:

We hope you will stop by frequently. We have a great crew and laugh a lot. There are great posts every day. Take care, David
 
Good to see you Yata-Garasu.
 
Good to see you Yata! All the cool kids have dual accounts :) 2 boards to check!
 
Dang. You take an unplanned hiatus and someone changes the locks - and the address - and painted the house to boot!

My riding has really taken a backseat this year. Tablesaw accident had my left thumb in injured reserve (still bit of a pain to cancel the turn signal), then the famous Arizona heat hit so I refused to ride in it. Distracted drivers (took out one of our coffee clutch this past spring :( 88-89, still riding then killed by a $%^&).

Tires for the '14 were in really bad shape so just replaced those, then a riding buddy was talking about spark plugs - gah - service manual says I should have replaced them thousands of miles ago. Expensive little rotters!

Happy Holidays!
 
Welcome back roboe. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your riding buddy. And about your thumb. That's the stuff of nightmares.

The owner of the other place went AWOL — well, he just disappeared really — and the site keeps falling over. It was running the last time I looked, but that's an infrequent occurrence these days. rdprdp01 generously created this site for the survivors of the old forum and we keep going.

Because rdprdp01 managed to import lots of threads from the old forum, there's a good few posts with your name on them. I'll merge them into your new identity in a moment.

Too hot to ride here too.
 
Welcome back rbow!

Cormanus, please send me some of that heat. It is 19F in Virginia Beach this morning. That is killer cold here.
 
Spent half my life in the Northland, mainly Minnesota. The fear of hitting a deer at night (and left hand turners - which took me out for about 25 years) was very stressful up there.

I was wondering what the back story was on the old site. Last I heard communications was very low on his priority list. I was kinda hoping he'd just turn it over to a new crew - but this works!

I keep thinking of selling the 2014 CB. Even had it set up for touring with hard bags, windscreen, GPS mount etc. But I think my long ride days are over. Wind noise (even with good plugs) has given me tinnitus and longer rides aggravate it. We shall see though. Plus to get to the good riding roads you have to get out of the valley - and then even worse.....come back! Heading north we don't have many choices and none are good. South is worse. But keeping it seems to be the path of least resistance. I like the looks of the red 2013 CB better, but really like the 6th gear and the gear indicator on the 2014. I happen to have lower bars on the 2013 (added to accommodate a fairing which has been removed), stock bars on the 2014 - which kinda feel like ape hangers after spending a lot of time on the 2013.

When I lived in Duluth Lake Superior blocked several directions! LOL Pretty funny.

You know, I always thought these bike would turn into highly desirable cult bikes like the W650 (I think they jumped the shark with the W800, not nearly as attractive) and it appears I misjudged that. That said; I find it very desirable so pfft on the rest of the world. :^D
 
rboe said:
I was wondering what the back story was on the old site. Last I heard communications was very low on his priority list. I was kinda hoping he'd just turn it over to a new crew - but this works!

Ġuth just vanished. Stopped responding to PMs and messages. pdedse went to visit and got no response. It appears he's got into typewriters big time. Strange really, just to abandon something so completely. But, as you say, this works.

And, apropos the CB1100's failure as a cult bike, as you say, 'pfft'. Although there's a few wannabe members of your cult that hang around here.
 
There you go, he moved on. I kinda rotate some hobbies - I'm easily distracted. :)

A big thanks to folks that stepped up to carry the torch further. :bow. I used to help admin an astronomy forum (they have a fairly robust - OK, sometimes robust, sometimes something else) method of bringing in new blood. Forums are half a treasure and half a PITA. We tried to keep the treasure part to well over 51% but some days...... Burn out can be easy.

So thank you!
 
rdprdp01 is the man to thank. He stuped up the cash and did all the really hard work. pdedse and I just hang around. He does good work; I make a nuisance of myself deleting or editing random posts and earning the ore of members. It's fun.

Seriously, the great thing rdprdp01 has done, aside from providing the forum, is to find a way to import pretty much all of the really useful stuff from the old forum. No-one knows what arrangements Guth has in place, but at some point it's highly likely the other forum will vanish because:
  • it crashes from lack of background administration
  • the version on MyBB it runs on is no longer supported
  • Guth stops paying for hosting (although we've thought that before and it hasn't happened)
  • the lease on the domain name expires
One of those things will likely happen any day now. Or not.
 
Back
Top