Wanting the Moriwaki slip-on canister

wildezt, Nice looking windscreen. What is it, and how much protection does it give you. Also is your helmet in clean air or is there some buffeting?
 
terrydlargo_imp said:
wildezt, Nice looking windscreen. What is it, and how much protection does it give you. Also is your helmet in clean air or is there some buffeting?
Thankyou Terry, i got the idea from 'Minnesotajeff' ,Its a Puig Naked ,'Smoke' color, orderd it from monsterparts.com. I just put that shield in just.for the looks :D it does'nt offer much for protection, just a little air and a few bugs of the chest. :)
Rboe_imp said:
Now add some red side covers.......:angel:
:) he he... we cant farkle her enough ever..
silascopathic_imp said:
do you have a video of the sound?! looks great!!!
sorry silascopathic, once i get a decent mike i'll make one. Thanks to Ack-CB11 for posting this:-

Ack-CB11_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
do you have a video of the sound?! looks great!!!
Found this on u-tube:
 
So I finally took the leap and picked up this Moriwaki slip-on for my 2014 standard. I love it! Got it from Samurider (Mr. T. is phenomenal to deal with, highly recommended!). It is rated at 92 db (Moriwaki web site) while the oem is rated at 80 db (stamped on the can). What this translates to is a slight sound increase, but you can still have a conversation while it's running. I can hear it very slightly over wind noise. Basically a modest increase in sound, enough to notice and enjoy, but not a Harley increase. It is built very well, very high quality, and is a drop in fit. No problem keeping the centerstand, in fact, it is designed for it, just like the oem. To me, the quality of the sound is similar to the oem with a low rumble at idle and a kind of "classic", at least to me, sound at speed. I like the fact that it is so much smaller and lighter than the oem! The oem is a tank in comparison, a very well built tank, but a tank nevertheless. I really like the look of it. I think it fits aesthetically with the theme of the bike. Along with rlets, it's a great mod! I know this is an older thread, but it has some great pics and links so I thought I would post here.
 
Nice Novice! I went with the Arrow which like yours keeps the original look but much smaller. Similar sound according to your description but has a removable baffle which makes it both louder and more aggressive sounding. Is that an option with the Moriwaki?
 
That’s a nice looking exhaust. Almost as pretty as the Staintune.
 
No removable baffle. I liked the Arrow too. The Moriwaki will, unfortunately, never be as pretty as a staintune because it’s not made in Australia.
 
If you dig back through this now old thread a ways you'll see that I was originally on the fence between the slip-ons offered by Moriwaki and Staintune. The Moriwaki always struck me as a high quality product that looks right at home on the CB1100. Congratulations on the purchase. Glad that you're enjoying it.
 
Novice_imp said:
No removable baffle. I liked the Arrow too. The Moriwaki will, unfortunately, never be as pretty as a staintune because it’s not made in Australia.
Crikey! Sprung. Just like that.
 
Oh dear, oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have started following this thread :P
I'm usually well satisfied with factory exhaust systems and am never in any hurry to make any changes.
But now that I've seen the videos and read the comments I'm beginning to feel a tug to make a change.
Now look at what you've done! Be ashamed everyone! It's all your fault :D :D :D :D :D
 
Rocky_imp said:
Oh dear, oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have started following this thread :P
I'm usually well satisfied with factory exhaust systems and am never in any hurry to make any changes.
But now that I've seen the videos and read the comments I'm beginning to feel a tug to make a change.
Now look at what you've done! Be ashamed everyone! It's all your fault :D :D :D :D :D
It's that passion flame. Never let it flame out.
 
Rocky_imp said:
Oh dear, oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have started following this thread :P
I'm usually well satisfied with factory exhaust systems and am never in any hurry to make any changes.
But now that I've seen the videos and read the comments I'm beginning to feel a tug to make a change.
Now look at what you've done! Be ashamed everyone! It's all your fault :D :D :D :D :D
Rocky, just start photocopying a $20 bill... in colour = will take care of all bikes mods:D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Oh dear, oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have started following this thread :P
I'm usually well satisfied with factory exhaust systems and am never in any hurry to make any changes.
But now that I've seen the videos and read the comments I'm beginning to feel a tug to make a change.
Now look at what you've done! Be ashamed everyone! It's all your fault :D :D :D :D :D
Rocky, just start photocopying a $20 bill... in colour = will take care of all bikes mods:D
Rocky, just start photocopying a $20 bill... in colour = will take care of all bikes mods:D
:rofl::rofl: funny you should say that.
I just did some running of numbers on exchange and to just get a Moriwaki here is a bucket of money - then there are the feds to deal with.
It's not looking so attractive now and my conservative Maritime nature (common sense) is taking over and starting to say, "Do you really need it at that price?" :D :D

The everlasting battle - want vs need and vice versa.
 
Rocky_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
Oh dear, oh dear, I knew I shouldn't have started following this thread :P
I'm usually well satisfied with factory exhaust systems and am never in any hurry to make any changes.
But now that I've seen the videos and read the comments I'm beginning to feel a tug to make a change.
Now look at what you've done! Be ashamed everyone! It's all your fault :D :D :D :D :D
Rocky, just start photocopying a $20 bill... in colour = will take care of all bikes mods:D
Rocky, just start photocopying a $20 bill... in colour = will take care of all bikes mods:D
:rofl::rofl: funny you should say that.
I just did some running of numbers on exchange and to just get a Moriwaki here is a bucket of money - then there are the feds to deal with.
It's not looking so attractive now and my conservative Maritime nature (common sense) is taking over and starting to say, "Do you really need it at that price?" :D :D

The everlasting battle - want vs need and vice versa.
There is a skill to convert want into need. :P
 
It’s not cheap no doubt about it. It took me almost five years to finally spend the money. The factory unit is solid and I’m not really into altering things that are well engineered just because. That being said, If one decides to go the slip on route, and pay the price of admission for any slip on, I think this one is really nice. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed unless you’re looking for LOUD. The quality, appearance, and sound are all, in my opinion, consistent with the theme of the bike. For the money you’re getting smaller, lighter, and a slightly louder sound that I think is an improvement over the factory sound. Plus, I was thrilled to be able to see daylight as I looked through it, no twisted exhaust travel thing going on. One can’t go wrong sticking with the factory unit, but if at some point one decides to spend any money on something like this, then this one is worthy of serious consideration. Not a Moriwaki salesperson, just my $.02 trying to help a brother out
 
The twisted exhaust thing. Google Helmholtz resonator.
 
Back
Top