Moriwaki 4 into 4

Hi guys. 3rd attempt to get this post right - I've lost two previous ones because I didn't save drafts! Here are pics from today's project: Installing the Moriwaki's on John's 2013. Apologies that we got excited and missed getting a pic of just #2 and #3 header (the inside ones) installed.

First, the main components. Note 4 separate headers, but left and right mufflers are already welded together as a unit. All mounting hardware was included, but I didn't get a pic.



All 4 headers installed before the mufflers are in place.
[url=https://imgur.com/JUq2oh7]


Several views of the final assembly. If it's blurry, it's because I must have shaken the camera.

[url=https://imgur.com/d8pwtL3]

[url=https://imgur.com/JnUz1BD]

[url=https://imgur.com/nLzs23r]


Now, the proud owner after a successful install!

[url=https://imgur.com/WInls3s]


Finally some comments and observations:

1) This is really high quality stainless. Welds are exceptional.
2) The fastener kit was complete and well-organized.
3) The fit and alignment to the bike were very smooth.
4) I would describe the instructions as complete, but "spartan". I.e. the facts were there, but no commentary to offer suggestions about how to best accomplish the task. The "how" was left up to the assembler. The exploded views and schematics were helpful, but you needed to pay attention to both the words and the pictures.
5) This task is best undertaken with two people - one working on each side of the bike. You needed both two pairs of hands an two eyes to assure proper alignment. I could be done alone, but expect frustration, or use some makeshift tooling to hold stuff in place while you fasten it to the bike.
6) Fit and alignment were excellent. Obviously well-designed. We chose to "dry-fit" everything, just to make sure we didn't have to back-track, and so we didn't damage anything.
7) Sound is phenomenal!
8) The only "bummer" is that you lose the center stand. Hence, you need a bike stand like in the rear view pic.


IMHO, this is a very worthwhile upgrade to the STD model, if you're looking for the balanced look of the 4 into 4. Reminds me of 2nd gen CBs, though I think the pipes are a bit shorter. It makes it look very "sporty".
 
Bet it does sound good. Looks great on the 13. Thanks for the pics A-man.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Bazbro_imp said:
A+ Man!!

That's absolutely fantastic - that it happened because of this site. I've been helped greatly here as have others, and now John and Amis.

Great story, guys!

Hey, Amos .. I'll let you know when I'm fitting mine...!! :D
Just send him a plane ticket and he will come over to help you !
Just send him a plane ticket and he will come over to help you !
:clap: :hello: :thumbsup: :D
It looks fantastic, John - just what Honda should have done in the first place, for their "50th Anniversary Edition"!
I think you also get an extra 5bhp or something? Or maybe that's the Wyvern set?
Whatever, it looks extremely good and somehow 'standard', how it should always have been.
Top job! :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Thanks very much Amos for posting the great pictures , I have a picture of all the hardware still in the packaging , can I email this to you and you will be able to post it or shall I send it to Cormanus whom in the past kindly posted my pictures. I do not have your email address.
 
Wow that’s pretty. I like that the pipes are on the short side. Subtle without becoming the focal point of the bike. Excellent work!
 
Thread starter
Just a tip for people installing a 4 into 4 with regards a rear stand. The "normal " Pit- Bull stand I used did not fit under the swing arm when the mufflers were going on. I had another Pit- Bull stand what I used when I had the CBX. The one you need is the Pit-Bull stand for the Bonneville Product Code F0092-000 This is for bikes that feature an exhaust that blocks the access to the swingarm. Look on their Website and you see what I mean. Some 4 into 4 systems might be different than the Moriwaki but check before you buy a rear stand.
 
John, check your e-mail, sent you something last nite and now just today.
Hey Bazbro, I'd love to help you with fitting yours also - free of charge! Just kindly send 2 First Class airline tickets; arrange for a 5 star hotel; I'd love a sporty little English convertible rental car (like James Bond's)… and if you could, perhaps tea with the Queen? Would it be too much to ask to have cold beer also? (I don't want to be too much of an imposition - but I do now have a world-wide reputation for excellence!)
 
The A-man_imp said:
John, check your e-mail, sent you something last nite and now just today.
Hey Bazbro, I'd love to help you with fitting yours also - free of charge! Just kindly send 2 First Class airline tickets; arrange for a 5 star hotel; I'd love a sporty little English convertible rental car (like James Bond's)… and if you could, perhaps tea with the Queen? Would it be too much to ask to have cold beer also? (I don't want to be too much of an imposition - but I do now have a world-wide reputation for excellence!)
Very kind of you to get 2 tickets, 1 for me. We'll arrange a meet-up then fly out. I will pass you tools AND hold your beer.
 
The A-man_imp said:
John, check your e-mail, sent you something last nite and now just today.
Hey Bazbro, I'd love to help you with fitting yours also - free of charge! Just kindly send 2 First Class airline tickets; arrange for a 5 star hotel; I'd love a sporty little English convertible rental car (like James Bond's)… and if you could, perhaps tea with the Queen? Would it be too much to ask to have cold beer also? (I don't want to be too much of an imposition - but I do now have a world-wide reputation for excellence!)
Yup! No probs, with any of that, Amos... In fact Her Majesty says she's quite looking forward to meeting you! :D
I'll be in touch... ;)
Bheezy27403_imp said:
The A-man_imp said:
John, check your e-mail, sent you something last nite and now just today.
Hey Bazbro, I'd love to help you with fitting yours also - free of charge! Just kindly send 2 First Class airline tickets; arrange for a 5 star hotel; I'd love a sporty little English convertible rental car (like James Bond's)… and if you could, perhaps tea with the Queen? Would it be too much to ask to have cold beer also? (I don't want to be too much of an imposition - but I do now have a world-wide reputation for excellence!)
Very kind of you to get 2 tickets, 1 for me. We'll arrange a meet-up then fly out. I will pass you tools AND hold your beer.
Very kind of you to get 2 tickets, 1 for me. We'll arrange a meet-up then fly out. I will pass you tools AND hold your beer.
Warning, Amos!! He'll drink that beer of yours... He's not called Boozy Bheezy fer nothing!! :D :D
 
Thread starter
Thanks again Amos for posting these pictures.
Just a few more comments on the 4 into 4 :
When I removed the stock header I was surprised how "loose" some of the inner nuts were , some I could just remove by hand. The torque is 16 ft/lb , checks yours ; you do not want to loose your nuts.....
The Moriwaki 4 into 4 is not loud , just a nice burbling sound , if you look for a louder exhaust a simple slip on is easier and cheaper to install.
Today I took the bike for a 100 mile run on the BRP , it is definitely stronger by about 4-5 hp , the shifting point is different on the mountain roads , feels stronger.
In the past I had an O2 sensor eliminator on the 2013 for a short while but after the 2017 O2 sensor code error I removed it also from my 2013.
However about 200 miles ago I put the O2 sensor eliminator back on the 2013 as I wanted to run the 4 into 4 without the sensor and yes it runs perfect without it !
Is the 4 into 4 worth the close to $2400 ? To me it is but other people might feel it is not. The whole world knows now what I paid except my wife ! Our policy is do not ask , do not tell ! No really she does not care as long as we have no debt and it makes me happy.
 
Thank you guys. This really looks good.

The lack of a centre stand is only a pain in my own garage. I've fitted one of those "roll onto" wheel supports to my workbench, that supports the 'bike. I'm thinking that if I bolt that to the floor of the garage instead, that would be appropriate. I have zero spare room in my little garage so a stand like Houtman's would probably not work. I gasped in admiration at the space in Houtman's garage - you could hold a barn dance in there! I might be able to have tea-for-two in mine! Fitting the new exhaust is gonna be fun! ;)

Thanks again for such good coverage of this task. It's given me a good insight :thumbsup:
 
Houtman_imp said:
Bazbro : in America everything is bigger , including our ego's …..
Ha ha :D !!

I remember the huge American cars of the 1950s, in Europe, mainly Belgium (I think they had an import arrangement with USA - whenever you saw one, it had Belgian number plates). SO inappropriate for our roads, where many lanes, particularly here in Devon, are so narrow the hedges brush BOTH sides of the car - a small British car! :)
 
Back
Top