Wanting the Moriwaki slip-on canister

Thread starter
I really, REALLY want that canister. I'm just in a quandary right now. I have some medical bills on the horizon and have to be careful with my spending.
BUT, I might have my Blackbird sold in the next few days so that sale will pay for the Moriwaki. DAMN, that baby sounds good! :heart: :D
 
looking at the Moriwaki website that pipe is not conical and they do not have a single canister slip-on.

http://www.moriwaki.co.jp/global/newproduct/CB1100/cb1100.html

Check it out:

Titanium twin can full system:
42706ca594c96cdaa3df28b7c1a7e59e.jpg


Stainless twin can full system:
3af7c7954b0c1bede0db7ab136800cfe.jpg


Twin can slip-on:
6d4558eef93a77c8487043c23cfad059.jpg


It looks a lot like this to me:
one piece stainless exhaust:
6a7167333b7fe36b4551ba31d2dd8c77.jpg
 
Yes, that is the same part number as the one listed in the manual I linked to above. The photo that you posted was discussed here earlier. I believe that it is a bit of an optical illusion due to the way the other surfaces are reflected on the can that makes it look straight instead of conical. I can only find that Moriwaki makes but just one slip-on exhaust option.

Here are a couple more videos:





 
Put the Moriwaki S/O in today. got a nice pep..pickup defintly has increased, smoother, quicker ride.. :D
the sound is also good, somewhere between the stock and the staintune would I place it from what i have heard on youtube(staintune). . sound-wise i guess the staintune is better if you want to go for a louder deeper note(growl) .. the idle speed dropped a fraction like 50 or so..exhaust is defintly freed up..! yes and its conical, the flare is not much, but its flared.. :)
..I'll post the pictures as soon as i take them.. :)
 
Nice! How does it compare with the factory unit in terms of the overall length as well as the diameter at the end of the can?
 
Guth_imp said:
Nice! How does it compare with the factory unit in terms of the overall length as well as the diameter at the end of the can?
Hi Guth,
the circumference at the end of the can at its widest is at 13.5 inches and it sticks out about 9 inches to the rear from the bottom bolt that secures the rear shock. it appears smaller (just enough, not too much) and weighs lighter and pretty neat looking. I have put my camera to charge, as soon as it picks some charge.. i'll try taking some snaps with a tape on the can and post it.. :)
 
That exhaust really looks good. I'm torn between this one and the Staintune unit. Will live happily with the stock unit for now.
 
Guth_imp said:
That exhaust really looks good. I'm torn between this one and the Staintune unit. Will live happily with the stock unit for now.
Yup, I like the looks of the stock pipe too..!!! just got this when I got the farkle fever.. :D. I would be returning to stock not too far away...
 
wildezt_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
That exhaust really looks good. I'm torn between this one and the Staintune unit. Will live happily with the stock unit for now.
Yup, I like the looks of the stock pipe too..!!! just got this when I got the farkle fever.. :D. I would be returning to stock not too far away...
Yup, I like the looks of the stock pipe too..!!! just got this when I got the farkle fever.. :D. I would be returning to stock not too far away...
how is the sound?

Wildezt, would you please :D shoot a pic from the side (not at an angle) of the whole bike? Thanks! :):):)
and if you decide to get rid of the moriwaki I would be interested - please let me know.
 
Flynbulldog_imp said:
wildezt_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
That exhaust really looks good. I'm torn between this one and the Staintune unit. Will live happily with the stock unit for now.
Yup, I like the looks of the stock pipe too..!!! just got this when I got the farkle fever.. :D. I would be returning to stock not too far away...
Yup, I like the looks of the stock pipe too..!!! just got this when I got the farkle fever.. :D. I would be returning to stock not too far away...
how is the sound?

Wildezt, would you please :D shoot a pic from the side (not at an angle) of the whole bike? Thanks! :):):)
and if you decide to get rid of the moriwaki I would be interested - please let me know.
will take one as I reach home Flynbulldog, I did a bit more riding today still on the road,taking a little break.. :).. the exhaust definitely is giving a better feel to the ride, bike is quicker and peppier and smoother than while on stock..it already was butter now its more buttery butter :), (I am not pumping more on the throttle), the idling also is now back to normal, sound wise i can hear it a bit more through the helmet as I blip the throttle for a quick down shift, coming out of a curve etc... not at all obnoxious though..I'll try to post a video of the exhaust as soon as I get a decent mic...
during the ride today , I am liking the exhaust more than yesterday, so thinking of keeping it for longer from what I thought yesterday..I am open to answer any of your questions on this if you are thinking of deciding to buy one Flynbulldog...
 
Back
Top