Two Trips to Florida

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Had to make two trips down to Dunnellon, FL this month to help my dad with some home projects this month and took the bike to save gas and enjoy the spring weather.

Stopped by a field of flowering Mustard only a few miles from home.

42c8da1a517b7048d38988f9e5f41b8f.jpg


a77ad713a7dd29438c84fa87482bd3d2.jpg


Rest stop near Okefenokee NWR.

a83a677728cd78ccbc56d738862c02aa.jpg


Live Oak shaded road near Alachua, FL.

75b0f2baebc5b9340b3e046f9590871c.jpg


Zephyr Lilies line the road near Folkston, GA to show that spring has arrived.

fff95e90efff8d70066de760ea78a38e.jpg


238eeaf391c23220c890291a6bf06966.jpg


5fb4833b05d4668159b6d053b9e12f48.jpg


This was some nice riding in some fine weather. I wish the spring weather would last all summer.
 
Long before "Adventure" and "Sport Touring" bikes, we bungeed our duffel bags to the back seat and hit the road. No fairings, no luggage, no GPS, just manly men riding manly bikes in a manly way.

Right on, Redbirds!
 
Color me jealous! It won't quit snowing or get warm here, and there you are enjoying nice rides.

Great pics btw.
 
Great pics. Thanks, Redbirds. Looks like a good ride.
The Spaceman_imp said:
Long before "Adventure" and "Sport Touring" bikes, we bungeed our duffel bags to the back seat and hit the road. No fairings, no luggage, no GPS, just manly men riding manly bikes in a manly way.

Right on, Redbirds!
Those were the days, eh Spaceman: when men were men and sheep were nervous.
 
Beautiful trip and recap. Makes me want to get out there. Looks like the big CB got the job done just fine.
 
Thread starter
Mike_imp said:
Beautiful trip and recap. Makes me want to get out there. Looks like the big CB got the job done just fine.
It did indeed. Thus far, I have enjoyed the CB more than any bike since my BMW that I had in 1973. Like the BMW, it seems relaxed and willing on the highway giving an impression of "go the distance" reliability. I find it excels in one area that is often overlooked in bikes of this type, that is the ability to take on graded dirt roads better than so called "adventure bikes". My home is located one mile down a graded dirt road that becomes loose sand during dry spells and slippery mud after hard rains. Like my old BMW, the CB handles these type roads quite well, at least as well as my wife's V-strom. Of course ground clearance is limited and the CB would be at a real disadvantage on unimproved roads and trails but most adventure bikes are never actually ridden in such conditions.

The Spaceman_imp said:
Long before "Adventure" and "Sport Touring" bikes, we bungeed our duffel bags to the back seat and hit the road. No fairings, no luggage, no GPS, just manly men riding manly bikes in a manly way.

Right on, Redbirds!
True Spaceman. I used to bungee my sleeping bag, tent and a change of clothes onto the rear of my R75 and head off to the mountains in NC. Lots of good memories I'll always cherish. I was single and responsible to no one but myself.

fdcced3da66d80d3e8510b37aa8356ae.jpg
 
redbirds_imp said:
Mike_imp said:
Beautiful trip and recap. Makes me want to get out there. Looks like the big CB got the job done just fine.
It did indeed. Thus far, I have enjoyed the CB more than any bike since my BMW that I had in 1973. Like the BMW, it seems relaxed and willing on the highway giving an impression of "go the distance" reliability. I find it excels in one area that is often overlooked in bikes of this type, that is the ability to take on graded dirt roads better than so called "adventure bikes". My home is located one mile down a graded dirt road that becomes loose sand during dry spells and slippery mud after hard rains. Like my old BMW, the CB handles these type roads quite well, at least as well as my wife's V-strom. Of course ground clearance is limited and the CB would be at a real disadvantage on unimproved roads and trails but most adventure bikes are never actually ridden in such conditions.

The Spaceman_imp said:
Long before "Adventure" and "Sport Touring" bikes, we bungeed our duffel bags to the back seat and hit the road. No fairings, no luggage, no GPS, just manly men riding manly bikes in a manly way.

Right on, Redbirds!
True Spaceman. I used to bungee my sleeping bag, tent and a change of clothes onto the rear of my R75 and head off to the mountains in NC. Lots of good memories I'll always cherish. I was single and responsible to no one but myself.

fdcced3da66d80d3e8510b37aa8356ae.jpg

You're kinda big on the color green, aren't you redbirds? ;)
 
Thread starter
Damfino_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Mike_imp said:
Beautiful trip and recap. Makes me want to get out there. Looks like the big CB got the job done just fine.
It did indeed. Thus far, I have enjoyed the CB more than any bike since my BMW that I had in 1973. Like the BMW, it seems relaxed and willing on the highway giving an impression of "go the distance" reliability. I find it excels in one area that is often overlooked in bikes of this type, that is the ability to take on graded dirt roads better than so called "adventure bikes". My home is located one mile down a graded dirt road that becomes loose sand during dry spells and slippery mud after hard rains. Like my old BMW, the CB handles these type roads quite well, at least as well as my wife's V-strom. Of course ground clearance is limited and the CB would be at a real disadvantage on unimproved roads and trails but most adventure bikes are never actually ridden in such conditions.

The Spaceman_imp said:
Long before "Adventure" and "Sport Touring" bikes, we bungeed our duffel bags to the back seat and hit the road. No fairings, no luggage, no GPS, just manly men riding manly bikes in a manly way.

Right on, Redbirds!
True Spaceman. I used to bungee my sleeping bag, tent and a change of clothes onto the rear of my R75 and head off to the mountains in NC. Lots of good memories I'll always cherish. I was single and responsible to no one but myself.

fdcced3da66d80d3e8510b37aa8356ae.jpg

You're kinda big on the color green, aren't you redbirds? ;)

You're kinda big on the color green, aren't you redbirds? ;)
That's not me in the photo. That pic was taken in 1974 when I was 26 and I only wear a tie at funerals. Maybe the store owner (the man in green) is Irish.
 
Looks like you had a good time on your trip, great pics.
I have a trip planned out west, had to postpone it about a month, but still going. I will be riding over to Louisiana in a couple of weeks, that will be a tune up, can't wait. I expect the CB to do just fine.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
 
Out west? You live in Texas..that IS out west ;)
 
Back
Top