Rasher_of_bacon_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Can't decide if I like the engine guards or not . Opinions ?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yes, but they are removable. they are supposed to be skid plates to take the brunt of a forced slide.The ferret_imp said:Is the silver plate a part of them?Looks like they would be protective. Styling wise not sure they go with the quarter fairing and pipe
The bars look fine, but those plates do pop out and look like they were "added on."Lord Popgun_imp said:They look ok to me. I think maybe some black paint on that plate would be something to think about though.
I don't like to poo poo anyone's choice of mods, but now that I see a better picture, I like my SW bars better too.Gumby 1100_imp said:http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=837
This link will give folks an idea of what these bars look like under better lighting conditions.
They are an "interesting" and "complex" design, but I think that I'll stick with my SW-Motech Bars.
I'm gonna order a set of OEM guards from Honda, been putting it off. Not really worried about what they can do in a crash, but just dropping the bike can hole the case and/or bash the crankshaft. They would not make contact with the covers due to design.AzBob_imp said:I can almost guarantee those crash bars will make contact with the covers in a decent crash. The MO-Tech's won't because they don't go near the covers.
They are cheap insurance, that's all. OEM guards will not reduce SAE lean angle, cannot say about any other guards.LongRanger_imp said:I'm not fond of them, but please take no offense -- I prefer bikes in stock condition. To me, they seem over-engineered and clumsy, like the bike thinks it's a CB1100-ADV.
I know stuff happens, but there's really no reason to drop a bike. With the exception of the OE winglets on the ST1100 and ST1300, I'm not fond of preemptively cloaking a bike in extraneous hardware to protect it in the off chance that it goes over.


I really don't know. I've seen a lot of guys at the track who have thrown it down the road and I hear they do protect things quite a bit. I actually don't use them on my track bike, only the GB case guards. They stick out too far.Lord Popgun_imp said:Some of us have sliders. Wolf, how well do sliders work?
Well, there is such a thing as insurance but I hate to make claims, and also if you hole a case, you are stranded, most likely.Blockhead_imp said:I know they serve a good purpose but I just can't get used to seeing crash bars on these bike. Maybe I'd change my tune if I ever needed them and didn't have them...
The black bars basically disappear, IMO.Blockhead_imp said:I know they serve a good purpose but I just can't get used to seeing crash bars on these bike. Maybe I'd change my tune if I ever needed them and didn't have them...