SW-MOTECH Crash Bars / Engine Protectors

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
Everyone on this Forum loves their CB1100. We love walking and spending time with our loved ones even more! Those realities are why I decided to upgrade the engine / crash guards which were on my CB1100 EX. I have never gone down on the street in the 45 years I have been riding motorcycles, but stuff happens. 

The guards on the CB1100 when I purchased it were just okay. Although they were made of steel, they were a little thin. The welds were not as nice as they could have been. The finish was good, but the mounting relied too much on u-bolts. The attach points on the CB1100 were too few. I was concerned that if I had a bad incident which placed the total weight of the motorcycle and me on the crash bars, they may snap or bend.

I recently upgraded to SW-MOTECH crash bars:

Reliable crash bar for the Honda CB1100 - SW-MOTECH

The cost was $230 and resulted in a thicker, more sturdy, better finished set of bars. The mounting is also significantly enhanced relative to the off-brand bars I had previously. The welds were also much improved. Installation was straightforward. And most importantly, I have the peace of mind that I have a set of bars which can protect me and the motorcycle if something terrible were to happen. Have a great week and I hope you can sneak in a ride today!

nlBhDeI.jpeg

kc8YdQn.jpeg

2OzvaDO.jpeg

EVDMoWj.jpeg

0jpab5I.jpeg

zLzn330.jpeg
 
Mine is also a 2017 and had the same SW Motech engine guard installed a few years earlier and was put to the test.
It passed with great success, however, the original OEM bars are slimmer and looks nicer, I'am still tempted to purchase it.

I just noticed that you had removed your OEM chrome engine guard (for sale now) - Did you not like it or not enough protection?
 
Back
Top