LikeAfox_imp
Running like a top
After reading several of these threads, I've ordered a set from bikebandit. With promo codes, they came out to $156 shipped. Thanks to everyone who contributed
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I mentioned somewhere else, the engine guards don't compromise lean angle at all with stock peg feelers installed, especially if the preload is bumped up. I didn't touch even the feelers down with the Ikons to max ride height, but there again I weigh 141 pounds. Either way my take on the OEM guards is that they are the best bet as far as keeping cornering clearance.LikeAfox_imp said:After reading several of these threads, I've ordered a set from bikebandit. With promo codes, they came out to $156 shipped. Thanks to everyone who contributed

Maybe you can get a whole new bike and some loot out of that. Sounds like you weren't hurt, that's always a good thing.kballowe_imp said:I don't care for all that stuff bolted onto a bike.
But, my Wife is much smarter than me.
Recently, we were riding 2-up and got rear-ended at a stop light and went down BAM! on the left side.
THis bike had crash bars.
And then we got up and walked away. Scratched the crash bars, and that's it.
Not on a CB1100. Same principle though. Right ?
So where can I get some bolt-on cages ?
![]()
I looked at those. The thing that keeps me from buying a set is that u-bolt that scratches up the frame when it's mounted.dsinned_imp said:Fwiw, from my online research, I came across this product at the lowest price ($139 shipped) I could find. They look good and come in either chrome or black finishes.
Amazon.com
I'm gonna order a set of OEM guards from Honda, been putting it off. Not really worried about what they can do in a crash, but just dropping the bike can hole the case and/or bash the crankshaft. They would not make contact with the covers due to design.Ulvetanna_imp said:I'm gonna order a set of OEM guards from Honda, been putting it off. Not really worried about what they can do in a crash, but just dropping the bike can hole the case and/or bash the crankshaft. They would not make contact with the covers due to design.AzBob_imp said:I can almost guarantee those crash bars will make contact with the covers in a decent crash. The MO-Tech's won't because they don't go near the covers.
About 165 bucks shipped from bikebandit.com, best deal I could find. Not bad.