Trading 2013 for 2014 deluxe

jay4252_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi
i am thing about trading 2013 for 2014 deluxe
The best offer so far i got from a dealer my bike plus $5500 that includes sales tax tag fees etc OTD, I am debating is this a good deal
Any advice or comment
Thanks
 
Hard to define a "good deal". If it makes you happy and puts you on the bike you want at the end of the day, then to me that's a good deal and to heck with the math.

YMMV
:D
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
I don't know if you'd call that a good deal, but I think it's a terrible idea in the first place to do the trade in at all.
Well financially you are never going to come out ahead on it, but if the difference makes you that much happier, then you can't call it a bad idea.

Some members here have done it!
And I imagine quite a few more would have if they had brought the spoked wheels over to the US.. personally I am not a fan of spokes and tubes, but a lot of people like them that much more.
 
jay4252' pid='59685' dateline='1410656006 said:
Hi
i am thing about trading 2013 for 2014 deluxe
The best offer so far i got from a dealer my bike plus $5500 that includes sales tax tag fees etc OTD, I am debating is this a good deal
Any advice or comment
Thanks
I did it, long story, it was not intentional. My observations:
the dual exhaust is nice - sounds a little better also
the bigger tank helps - a half a gallon does matter
the 6th speed was unnecessary in my opinion but I do like the gear indicator. I'm also considering a larger rear sprocket for some added street fighter character.
I miss the black engine and two tone wheels
the added red side panels look a little better in my opinion
the kick stand is a little shorter. that combined with a weight gain made the bike feel heavier - hard to explain it just happens - more effort to upright it I guess
I do like the slightly different seat with the waffle pattern
Tubeless radials - the only way to go no matter how much better you might think spokes look.
 
jay4252_imp said:
Hi
i am thing about trading 2013 for 2014 deluxe
The best offer so far i got from a dealer my bike plus $5500 that includes sales tax tag fees etc OTD, I am debating is this a good deal
Any advice or comment
Thanks
So does that work out to be about $6K for your CB?
 
I did the same thing. Bought the 13 when it came out, traded for the 14 when it came out. Purely for cosmetic reasons initially,but as it turns out I like all of the changes made to the 14 and am glad I made the change.

Love the silver engine
Love the silver wheels
Love the chrome waterfall head pipes
Love the 4 into 2 exhaust
Love the digital gear indicator
Love the chrome bars ends, the polished master cyl covers for clutch and brake, the polished top triple clamp and the polished rear passenger arms
Love the color matched side covers and their shape
Love the patterned seat
Love the 120 mph speedometer

Really appreciate the added fuel capacity
Really appreciate the 6 speed box
Really appreciate the taller handlebars

Appreciate the std ABS
Appreciate the fuel computer

Don't really notice the raised headlight

Yea I took a hit financially, but I don't even think about that now. I know if I had kept the 13 I would be forever disappointed about not having the 14. So I look forward and not back. For me it was absolutely the right decision. I love my 14 DLX.
 
PowderToastMan_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I don't know if you'd call that a good deal, but I think it's a terrible idea in the first place to do the trade in at all.
Well financially you are never going to come out ahead on it, but if the difference makes you that much happier, then you can't call it a bad idea.

Some members here have done it!
And I imagine quite a few more would have if they had brought the spoked wheels over to the US.. personally I am not a fan of spokes and tubes, but a lot of people like them that much more.
Of course, from being here on the forum I know some people have done it and are happy. And I've bought sold and traded many many motorcycles since my first in 1969 so I also know you're not going to come out ahead. But hey, if taking a 6 grand hit after just one year and still ending up with a very much similar motorcycle doesn't matter to someone, then rock on!

And yes, I CAN call it a bad deal. I can call it anything I want just as you can call it a super duper great deal. The OP did, after all, ask for " any advice and comments " . :P
 
jay4252_imp said:
Hi
i am thing about trading 2013 for 2014 deluxe
The best offer so far i got from a dealer my bike plus $5500 that includes sales tax tag fees etc OTD, I am debating is this a good deal
Any advice or comment
Thanks
11,900 + tax puts you at about 12700.00

12,700
5500 +
7200.00 on trade

If you paid 10K for your bike non abs not such a bad deal. Loss of about 3200.00 with pro-rated tax Not going to do much better.

I would test ride the DLX there is a different feel to the bike unless your just going for looks. Good Luck
 
Thread starter
{11,900 + tax puts you at about 12700.00

12,700
5500 +
7200.00 on trade

If you paid 10K for your bike non abs not such a bad deal. Loss of about 3200.00 with pro-rated tax Not going to do much better.

I would test ride the DLX there is a different feel to the bike unless your just going for looks. Good Luck}



Thank you for all the response
you are correct i did pay $10k otd for the bike (2013)
here is how dealer break down
10500 for deluxe
-5500 for my trade
_______
5000+300 tax+200 tag and title=5500otd
2014 deluxe cost $2k more so i figure the same thing $3500 loss for riding 12 month
2014 deluxe is in the box or crate
I have not test ridden the deluxe, on my 13 i am always searching for 6th gear maybe because i dont know which gear im in
I wish i knew if there is any difference in riding
 
Follow your gut and go with what makes you happy. I opted for the DLX simply because Honda added features & options that appealed to me over the 13. More money for sure but you pay for what you get. The 13 STD is a great bike and I would have bought one but with the additional options Honda put on the 14 that sealed the deal.
 
My 2013 CB 1100 with abs is great but my 2014 DLX is perfect, especially when it comes to the looks of the bike.
I also like the gear indicator and bigger tank.
 
I dunno, Houtman. Your collection is incomplete. You really should also have a 2014 standard in the stable. :D
 
Cormanus' pid='59834' dateline='1410731992 said:
I dunno, Houtman. Your collection is incomplete. You really should also have a 2014 standard in the stable. :D

You are right, please send me the money and I will take care of this over sight !
 
I second everything that Ferrett has said with one exception... I absolutely LOVE that 6 speed gear box. Too me, there is a huge difference at speed between these bikes in their respective top gear. If you ride the 14, ride it for a bit but keep it in 5th gear. Then after a while, shift up to 6. The 13's 5th gear and the 14's 5th gear pull the same revs. The addition of that 6th gear means a lot. As for the money, I traded in my 13 after a year of ownership and guess I took a similar hit to the wallet, but that's water under the bridge now and I never think about it. If you've got the cash, I'd do it, you won't be dissapointed.
 
jay4252_imp said:
Hi
i am thing about trading 2013 for 2014 deluxe
The best offer so far i got from a dealer my bike plus $5500 that includes sales tax tag fees etc OTD, I am debating is this a good deal
Any advice or comment
Thanks

my dealer offers me the same price, if you sell yourself you can get 7 - 7.5 K for the bike
 
Back
Top