Took delivery of my 2014 CB1100A yesterday

Rocky_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
It was only 7C (45F), foggy and damp, but I rode my 2014 home yesterday. Because of the temp and the weather I only rode a loop of 32 km (20 miles). Mid-morning traffic was heavy and I never did get above 80 kph (48 mph), but it was enough to get a sense of the bike; very smooth; good brakes; shifts beautifully and the EFI is not at all abrupt.
Spring weather here has been cold and wet and it's that way for a few more days so I won't have anything else to report for a while.
I'm just happy to have "baby" home where i can look at it and play VROOM VROOM :D
 
Rocky congrats. our spring has not been the best either so I understand. Damp and cold. Ug!

BTW that's one of the blue ones isn't it?

ok we need pics pronto!
 
Congrats!!! :banana:
 
Need pics! I think you're the first to take home a Canadian blue model. The only pics I've seen of that one so far have been the stock Honda pics.
 
Congrats Rocky!!!! Please post some pictures...I guess I've been living under a rock. I didn't even know blue was coming to Canada, or any other place for that matter.
Ride safe and enjoy!
 
Ridem32_imp said:
How do you know it's blue
The only colo(u)r available for the '14 in Canada is Pearl Spencer Blue.

36275a0ff212236f30d4c4c05098a23e.png
 
That blue looks fantastic. I wish I had the money to swap over tank & side covers in different colours as my whim dictated!
 
Thread starter
Thanks everyone :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The Canadian version is like the one pictured above. I have the same picture from the web site, but will take some real pics if the weather ever improves :-/
The deluxe model isn't available here and the CB1100A is in very short supply all across the country. Too small a market I guess. California has more people than the entire country of Canada.
My Honda dealer is the largest dealer in the province and only received two, and that's it for this year!! If I didn't just happen to be there wandering around the showroom when they arrived I may not have been able to get one this year. The second one had already been pre-sold!
I missed getting one last year, but with the linked ABS and sixth gear I'm very happy getting a 2014.
It's barely above freezing this morning and still raining so no riding in the very near future. I'm told the Spencer blue paint (Freddie Spencer?) looks great in the sun and I can't wait to get it out in the sun!!
Maybe I can't ride at the moment, but I can sit and look/drool at it :D :D :D
 
If the blue is like the 2014 Red Dlx, you will be amazed when you get it out in the sun. It doesn't photograph well, but its stunning when light hits it.
 
Rocky - you were at the right place at the right time!!!!!

Question - can Canadians cross the border, purchase a CB1100, and have it registered in Canada?
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
Rocky - you were at the right place at the right time!!!!!

Question - can Canadians cross the border, purchase a CB1100, and have it registered in Canada?
I can't say for certain, but I know vehicles are purchased in the US and brought back. That doesn't always work though and I know some buyers were stuck with cars they couldn't register because of some certification issue.
EPA and emission regs, safety requirements, etc., aren't that different here, but there are differences that have to be satisfied. I would do a lot of research before I went south and layed out a lot of money.
 
Great looking bike. Well done, Rocky. Hope the weather improves so you can get out on it and take pictures for us. :)
 
Back
Top