Took delivery of my 2014 CB1100A yesterday

Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
But can I go north and buy a blue tank and bring south?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You wouldn't have any problem with just a gas tank because it's only a "part", but a whole motorcycle would depend on US importation laws and regs - as it is up here.
Cormanus_imp said:
Great looking bike. Well done, Rocky. Hope the weather improves so you can get out on it and take pictures for us. :)
Thanks guys :thumbsup:
It's the end of April and it's still unusually cold - even for us; 0C (32F) this morning when I got up and might get up to 9C (48F) :dodgy: I might bite the bullet and venture out for a short ride, but it will have to get a lot warmer before I do. More rain coming this evening and for the rest of the weekend :@
I'll take some pictures when I can.
 
Picked up my 2014 Canadian version on April 28, put about 150 kms on it, visiting my folks in southern ontario, then will be returning to Sudbury area early next week which is about 650 klms. First impression love it plenty of power, have to get used to signals, horn button is just above and tend to hit that. Really smooth acceleration clutch action is really easy, and weight is much more manageable from my old goldwing. Will send pictures when I return home.
 
Thread starter
newhemi_imp said:
Picked up my 2014 Canadian version on April 28, put about 150 kms on it, visiting my folks in southern ontario, then will be returning to Sudbury area early next week which is about 650 klms. First impression love it plenty of power, have to get used to signals, horn button is just above and tend to hit that. Really smooth acceleration clutch action is really easy, and weight is much more manageable from my old goldwing. Will send pictures when I return home.
Congrats on the new CB :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That's my only beef too; the horn and signal lights switches. On the way home from the dealership I kept blowing the horn when I wanted to signal :D
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Congrats hemi. :). U will get use to the switches.
Michael
Doubt it...not if you have other older Hondas ( or Yamahas and probably Suzukis, Kawasakis or Triumphs ) in the garage that share riding duties with the CB.

As I was riding last night and hitting the horn instead of the t/s I was wondering if I could get a 13 switch and just plug it in instead.
 
Well done, newhemi. Happy riding.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ridem32_imp said:
Congrats hemi. :). U will get use to the switches.
Michael
Doubt it...not if you have other older Hondas ( or Yamahas and probably Suzukis, Kawasakis or Triumphs ) in the garage that share riding duties with the CB.

As I was riding last night and hitting the horn instead of the t/s I was wondering if I could get a 13 switch and just plug it in instead.
Doubt it...not if you have other older Hondas ( or Yamahas and probably Suzukis, Kawasakis or Triumphs ) in the garage that share riding duties with the CB.

As I was riding last night and hitting the horn instead of the t/s I was wondering if I could get a 13 switch and just plug it in instead.
So as far as I can tell, the 14's are heavier, use more fuel, cost more and have worse switchgear than my humble old 5 speeder? :D
 
The ferret_imp said:
And your point is? :dodgy:
That the 14's are a far superior buy. Get one now folks, while stocks last! :D

(The moderator friendly answer)

That you all got hung up on an extra gear and exhaust pipe, and ended up with the extra weight and were blighted by crappy new age switchgear for your troubles.

(The bitter and twisted 13 rider's answer)

:D
 
Back
Top