Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.







Is the AMF Harley very rare, it was creating a lot of interest, we have a lot of Harley fans in the UK, sadly Its one bike I've never ridden.davidsargee_imp said:I would travel to the U.K. just to spend a Sunday at Matlock Bath, that would be so cool. Man, that is like a time machine. The Velocette, the old BSA's, there's even an AMF Harley Sportster, I didn't know any of those made it to the 21st century.![]()
Yes, they are rare, but not for a good reason. As Capo and OldF7Guy said, those were the "dark days" for Harley-Davidson. The original family sold the company to AMF, their specialty was bowling equipment, go figure. AMF era Harleys were complete and total rubbish, they were very unreliable, and generally fell apart in short order. I am thankful to AMF for one thing, they pushed me over to the UJM, something I am extremely happy about.Mick65_imp said:Is the AMF Harley very rare, it was creating a lot of interest, we have a lot of Harley fans in the UK, sadly Its one bike I've never ridden.davidsargee_imp said:I would travel to the U.K. just to spend a Sunday at Matlock Bath, that would be so cool. Man, that is like a time machine. The Velocette, the old BSA's, there's even an AMF Harley Sportster, I didn't know any of those made it to the 21st century.![]()
Is the AMF Harley very rare, it was creating a lot of interest, we have a lot of Harley fans in the UK, sadly Its one bike I've never ridden.
Just checked on Google. AMF 1967-1981.
Is the AMF Harley very rare, it was creating a lot of interest, we have a lot of Harley fans in the UK, sadly Its one bike I've never ridden.
Just checked on Google. AMF 1967-1981.

You know I'm not sure, I will speak to the fella next time, but isn't it the same engine out of the Honda 500, I think someone in the UK was building them to make them into the new BSA Goldstar.The ferret_imp said:So what exactly is that Honda/BSA with the aluminum tank?
If I get chance today I will nip to two of my old buddies who have a shop and build new Nortons from old stock they have collected over the last 40 odd years. I know they have a beauty in at the moment and they want £16000 for it. Makes me laugh because they live in the past and dont bother with the internet.The ferret_imp said:Not my favorite tank, I prefer the manx tanks, but I think it's very cool that someone built one. I often though someone should come up with a kit for a Honda 500 single to make it look like an old Manx.
If I get chance today I will nip to two of my old buddies who have a shop and build new Nortons from old stock they have collected over the last 40 odd years. I know they have a beauty in at the moment and they want £16000 for it. Makes me laugh because they live in the past and dont bother with the internet.The ferret_imp said:Not my favorite tank, I prefer the manx tanks, but I think it's very cool that someone built one. I often though someone should come up with a kit for a Honda 500 single to make it look like an old Manx.