Tires on a brand new model

co6aka_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi all!

There are some great deals on leftover 2014 models in my area, so I'm tempted :) One thing that concerns me is the tires on the model which sat on the showroom floor for couple of years. Should I request the dealer to replace them, or is it fine as-is? It may become a negotiation point, so pls help me out here.

Thank you :)
 
IMO Fine as is, but there are manufacturers build dates on the tires you can check. if over 5 years old replace. However since the bike has only been imported to the USA for 3 years, chances are the tires still have a couple good years left in them. I go thru 2 sets of tires a year so expiration dates mean nothing to me lol.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/riding/street/resources/tiredesignations.aspx
 
I think the worst that could happen is that a flat spot may have developed (and that's a far "maybe")...but if that does turn out to be the case, you'll know within the first few rides, and can have them replaced under warranty...if not the good will of the dealer.
 
Back
Top