Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I hope to. Is that a deadly Box Jelly avatar?Cormanus_imp said:I hope you can hang in there redbirds, but the CB1100 is a brute until it's moving and I can understand why you might be considering something lighter.
As we all get older, we become less physically fit and flexible.redbirds_imp said:Hit 72 on the last birthday and I can feel the need for a light weight ride very soon. I'm short at 5' 6" and multiple surgeries and arthritis are taking the wind out of my sails. When I bought my CB1100 in 2014 it did not feel heavy. I could easily put it on the center stand and it was easy to move around the garage. Now, not so much, it feels heavy now and riding Sparky's NC 700X has been a revelation, so light and easy to move about. I wanted to make the CB my last bike that I would keep the rest of my riding days but now I don't know. I really am bummed by the idea of selling the CB as I do love this bike, the way it looks, sounds and feels. I've ridden my friend's Spyders and the three wheelers just do nothing for me; I would much prefer a Miata or S2000 if I give up on two wheels. At least I have options which is better than what many people in our age group have.
Much easier than getting in or out of a Slingshot!The ferret_imp said:My brother has a Miata. I kinda fall into it and have to climb out of it. Don't think I could live with that. I'd do a Mustang convertible if I was stuck on having a rag top. But then I've never tried sitting in a Mustang, maybe it's the same. I'm more of an Accord Sport guy with the windows rolled down and moon roof open on good days. Otherwise heater in winter and air conditioning in summer.
Am I elderly at 73 1/2?!peterbaron_imp said:As we all get older, we become less physically fit and flexible.redbirds_imp said:Hit 72 on the last birthday and I can feel the need for a light weight ride very soon. I'm short at 5' 6" and multiple surgeries and arthritis are taking the wind out of my sails. When I bought my CB1100 in 2014 it did not feel heavy. I could easily put it on the center stand and it was easy to move around the garage. Now, not so much, it feels heavy now and riding Sparky's NC 700X has been a revelation, so light and easy to move about. I wanted to make the CB my last bike that I would keep the rest of my riding days but now I don't know. I really am bummed by the idea of selling the CB as I do love this bike, the way it looks, sounds and feels. I've ridden my friend's Spyders and the three wheelers just do nothing for me; I would much prefer a Miata or S2000 if I give up on two wheels. At least I have options which is better than what many people in our age group have.
Prior purchasing a 2-door vehicle, I would test getting in and out as these doors are longer and reaching seat belt from pillar B becomes more difficult. Also these sporty cars are much lower. Double obstacle for obese people.
Base on dealer experience, I see elders buying small SUV.
Several months ago I picked up an '05 Honda Accord V6 Coupe , and love it! Moonroof and windows open, the fantastic stereo playing, cruising down PCH is sublime!The ferret_imp said:My brother has a Miata. I kinda fall into it and have to climb out of it. Don't think I could live with that. I'd do a Mustang convertible if I was stuck on having a rag top. But then I've never tried sitting in a Mustang, maybe it's the same. I'm more of an Accord Sport guy with the windows rolled down and moon roof open on good days. Otherwise heater in winter and air conditioning in summer.
Well, that's funny, in German that is called "Sonnendach" which translates literally to sun roof.The ferret_imp said:My brother has a Miata. I kinda fall into it and have to climb out of it. Don't think I could live with that. I'd do a Mustang convertible if I was stuck on having a rag top. But then I've never tried sitting in a Mustang, maybe it's the same. I'm more of an Accord Sport guy with the windows rolled down and moon roof open on good days. Otherwise heater in winter and air conditioning in summer.
Well spotted, redbirds. Lord Popgun gave it to me for my birthday.redbirds_imp said:I hope to. Is that a deadly Box Jelly avatar?Cormanus_imp said:I hope you can hang in there redbirds, but the CB1100 is a brute until it's moving and I can understand why you might be considering something lighter.


Yes they areVEGASDAVE_imp said:I am 78 and still riding. I have many bikes including our Honda. I think I'll quit when I have to cause I can't anymore. God only knows when that will be. I still kick start my chopper. I love the Honda as I had them as a kid and still think they are mechanical marvels.
