Stichill
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
There is no doubt.Stichill_imp said:Thanks, LR! Yes, it takes me a long time to line things up.
The jaunty little CBR250R is a lifetime keeper but after four years of looking for love in all the wrong places, the F800GT will depart the stable. You and I have talked about it...the GT is a bike that seems perfect on paper but in the end it just doesn’t stir my soul. The rational mind tells me it’s a great middleweight sport tourer but the emotional mind tells me...nothing. Nothing except, “Let’s ride something else.” It comes down to the engine as the fundamental determinant of a bike’s essence. In the GT, the 180-deg firing order and bizarre vestigial connecting rod balancing system delivers the eerie sensation of a giant iPhone set on vibrate. The cam hit that happens over 5500 on up is “thrilling” but can’t and shouldn’t be deployed frequently enough to maintain interest.
Thanks, GO. The T-bird is like a little locomotive. You can feel the weight and momentum but it’s all under control like it’s on rails.
The building of that garage is the main reason for the delay between wish and fulfillment that LR mentioned! Finally got it finished and electrified at the end of 2018.pdedse_imp said:The bike looks great! But I'm really excited about that garage!!

Thanks A-man! I’ve been procrastinating on signing up for the rally, but yeah if I get my act together I’ll roll up there on her!The A-man_imp said:Congrats Stichill! That Triumph is a real beauty. Any chance we'll see her in person at this year's rally?
Appreciate that, hb, thanks!hb9400_imp said:That is a pretty Triumph. Looking forward to hearing how it rides.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Lol - no love for the aye matey pirate? The anticipated hard side bags look much better Stichill.Stichill_imp said:Thanks A-man! I’ve been procrastinating on signing up for the rally, but yeah if I get my act together I’ll roll up there on her!The A-man_imp said:Congrats Stichill! That Triumph is a real beauty. Any chance we'll see her in person at this year's rally?
Popgun I guess that’s a Harley culture / Sturgis reference? No, there won’t be any blowup dolls riding pillion on this machine. I’m planning on toning down the pirate styling influence by swapping the hideous OEM buckle bags for some nice leather-covered hardbags from Viking.
![]()
So many bikes, so little money!The ferret_imp said:Well, well congrats Stichill.Nic elooking motorcycle. Hope it gives you many years and miles of smiles. Garage looks great btw. You know in Arizona you could pick up Rboes super clean 2013 CB 1100 and complete the stable. lol

Ha ha! No eye patches and Jolly Rogers for me. I like clean styling. Yeah the liquid cooling sleight-of-hand is pretty well-executed by Triumph. I think they do it better than most.GoldOxide_imp said:Lol - no love for the aye matey pirate? The anticipated hard side bags look much better Stichill.Stichill_imp said:Thanks A-man! I’ve been procrastinating on signing up for the rally, but yeah if I get my act together I’ll roll up there on her!The A-man_imp said:Congrats Stichill! That Triumph is a real beauty. Any chance we'll see her in person at this year's rally?
Popgun I guess that’s a Harley culture / Sturgis reference? No, there won’t be any blowup dolls riding pillion on this machine. I’m planning on toning down the pirate styling influence by swapping the hideous OEM buckle bags for some nice leather-covered hardbags from Viking.
![]()
- - -
BTW: In the side view one would be hard-pressed to see that the Thunderbird is liquid-cooled. Triumph did a good job on the dressing of the lump.
Yeah, suhawk, I think the T-bird is much spiffier and sportier than the usual bagger. I have a rule: “No ugly bikes.” If the T-bird was just as it is except ugly, I don’t think I could live with it in my garage.suhawk305_imp said:At this stage of my life, cruisers do not appeal to me, especially ones with no mufflers! That said, your Thunderbird would win me over! Absolutely love the style of that bike! May I suggest you wear your new fancy Italian helmet vs a black salad bowl helmet, when riding it. Also, please don’t remove the mufflers!
Ride and enjoy!
Whoosh! Right over my head! I know about the old show Thunderbirds Are Go and intentionally used that reference for the thread title, but I didn’t make the mental connection between the marionettes on the show and your puppet reference. Doof!Lord Popgun_imp said:Stichill, Your thread title is Thunderbirds are go. Thunderbirds is a 60’s TV show for kids that used puppets. And there was a hot chick. Apparently remade later with the Are Go added. There was a few shows back then that used puppets. Hokey, but I watched them. Most had a hot chick. Except for the Davey and Goliath which was religeous.
I though you were making a double reference. Show—Bike—both Thunderbirds.
Didn’t know about the Harley thing.

