Those cables were driving me crazy!

I just reused the factory zip ties to do the same thing.

677f3521c7f5b82731e02bd27bc63ffd.jpg
 
Back in the day (late 60s, early 70s at least) all wires were run inside the handlebars. They entered through slots cut in the bars concealed by the plastic switch housings and exited the bars through a slot in the center bottom of the bars. This would be a major rework on the 1100. The look is as clean as it gets. But I know why Honda changed to external wires. Tracking down bad wiring or replacing bent handlebars (or installing clip-on handlebars, etc.) on those older bikes was painful.

2002 CB750NH Owner
 
I installed the Triumph bands on my CB a couple of weeks ago based on this thread. These along with the RLETs and my bike flies!
 
I have 3 sets of these (4 triumph rubber bands) if anyone wants to save on the shipping cost. Shipping was $12 or more depending on what site you use and most are backordered for weeks.

I will sell each set for $15 shipped. That's $2 per band, and $7 for shipping. Saves ya $5 and I will ship right away.

PayPal is metalmaven@msn.com ($15) and leave me your address and put the word triumph in the message and I will get em to ya!
 
I, too, reused ny existing tie-downs. That is, until I purchased these. Thanks, metalmaven! I received mine today. I also received a free bottle of gin and a free bottle of vodka from a distillery because I had a minor complaint about their corks....all in all, it was a great day for package delivery in my office. :)
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I, too, reused ny existing tie-downs. That is, until I purchased these. Thanks, metalmaven! I received mine today. I also received a free bottle of gin and a free bottle of vodka from a distillery because I had a minor complaint about their corks....all in all, it was a great day for package delivery in my office. :)
Handle bar clean up and a dirty gin martini! Sounds good lol!
 
metalmaven_imp said:
I have 3 sets of these (4 triumph rubber bands) if anyone wants to save on the shipping cost. Shipping was $12 or more depending on what site you use and most are backordered for weeks.

I will sell each set for $15 shipped. That's $2 per band, and $7 for shipping. Saves ya $5 and I will ship right away.

PayPal is metalmaven@msn.com ($15) and leave me your address and put the word triumph in the message and I will get em to ya!
PayPal'd.
 
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
metalmaven_imp said:
I have 3 sets of these (4 triumph rubber bands) if anyone wants to save on the shipping cost. Shipping was $12 or more depending on what site you use and most are backordered for weeks.

I will sell each set for $15 shipped. That's $2 per band, and $7 for shipping. Saves ya $5 and I will ship right away.

PayPal is metalmaven@msn.com ($15) and leave me your address and put the word triumph in the message and I will get em to ya!
PayPal'd.
PayPal'd.
I sold all three of these sets the day I posted them in the classifieds. I will refund your money thru paypay as I have none left. I am really sorry! If you want I can send you a license plate bracket that I make for another $15 thru paypal. Here is a link if you don't have one yet.

plate link
 
I'm resurrecting this nearly 5 year old thread because I cannot locate the Triumph "Rubber Bands" via a Google search. Even the local Triumph dealer was uncertain if he could find them. I had these on my first 2013 CB and would like to add them to my current bike. If anyone out there has a line on these tie-downs, please let me know. My next step is to steal them from my wife's Speedmaster, but the cost of doing so might be higher than I'm willing to pay.
 
Just steal them, EmptySea. Then blame me. Every one else does, so you might as well leap aboard.
 
just noticing this thread. it's always bothered me too, but not enough to take from riding time to do anything about it. but now it might. it does look like not much thought went into routing.
 
Hi Emptysea,

Couple of options for you. Look on Fleabay for ......

1) Rubber ‘John Bull’ style cable ties or
2) Type in item number 254372977935

That should link you to various sizes depending upon exactly what u want
 
Back
Top